• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS : The Ancient Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hello there my friends which is viewing this thread ^^

The story starts when..........

The corrupted and the scourge , they started the alliance because, the scourge gave the corrupted a promise that they will be uncorrupted if they help them.

The Lodaeron went exploring the place at the thick forest, they found a big war , where the sentinel is outnumbered, they gave help to them, but they wanted to have have the lands which is owned by the scourge when they are defeated!

AND THE WAR STARTED!!!

Features
-Items, there are recipes that you must find, read the item description to know the things to be upgraded.
-Heroes, i put some heroes of other games in the map(such as PSII Games, to make it interesting).
-I will make quests in the map!

You can download the current map in
Click here to download the current map V1.10

So please help me in the map making!
Im looking for someone which is good enough to do some modeling,animating,icon making, and Ideas man , i'm looking especially for leakless MUI Spell makers, system makers, and some teachers for me,please do!.

And i do not forget you which is currently viewing this thread!

Progress

-Heroes=13%
-Terrains=100%
-Items=15%
-Quests=2%
-Overall=26%
Workers

Uzumaki.Minato [Leader&Animator]
huntere15[Terrainer/Tester]
Grantuu[Tester/Triggers]
siegaeditor[Tester]

Project Recruitment Link
Project Official Website

Last edited:
Level 18

what do ya mean FAIL?

well if you don't want to help then hush hush!

=.=

no offence but why are you viewing this thread then?

in this map i want to create some quests too!

and the recipe, you must find the recipe your self too!

i want to make a big diff between it

EDIT:

1st Comment

Sounds nice :) good luck making this map

thanks for your support, i'm sure one day i'll beat dota!

Level 13
Didn't you see what I quoted?

Anyways,
The map idea ain't really original.

Level 17
That.

And trying to beat dota in a aos is so 'been there, done that'.
No one has, and no one will.

If you want to make a aos, make something different, don't 'try to beat'.

It's just like mmos trying to copy WoW, it matters not if WoW is good or not, but it's successful, but trying to copy it will not give your company easy profit, it will only anger MMO players that DON'T want to play WoW and thus browse other games, but that's a offtopic example

Level 17
Read it again, see the diff, the recipes, the hero, everything, terrains,hero selection, United not Solo!
:thumbs_down::thumbs_down::thumbs_down:

Lol?

1. You need to FIND the recipes? Like they're somewhere on the field? Randomly spawned? That's horrible.
2. The hero? You have no example just references to videogames, DotA has references to anime series.
3. Hero selection? You claim it's different, still no example.
4. 'Everything' is a moronic statement.
5. Wtf is United not Solo?

Level 6
DoTA can be beaten you know guys so stop worshiping DoTA and post some helpful comments instead of this crap about a unbeatable AoS.
I am glad your trying for it, hope you do succeed and if you try I know you will so I wish you luck in the further steps into this map. There will be people that try to slow you down so just ignore them.

Level 17
DoTA can be beaten you know guys so stop worshiping DoTA and post some helpful comments instead of this crap about a unbeatable AoS.
I am glad your trying for it, hope you do succeed and if you try I know you will so I wish you luck in the further steps into this map. There will be people that try to slow you down so just ignore them I think some times that is.

Worshipping?
It's more like you jealous kid have to stop hating something because it's successful, I'm not saying dota is awesome, but it's old, it has years of balance and feedback.
The chance of a new map being released that is so good that it would bypass it is VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY slim.

You're welcome for this lesson in clear logics.

Level 31
Im looking for someone which is good enough to do some modeling,animating,icon making, and Ideas man , i'm looking especially for leakless MUI Spell makers, system makers, and some teachers for me,please do!.

I don't want to discourage you, but this statement already quite a good reason why this map just won't work out.

From what I seen over here, the first question that comes into my mind is "what are you doing if they all do this job for you?"

The chance of a new map being released that is so good that it would bypass it is VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY slim.

Not really if you have the greatest salesman of the century like Guinshoo or what his name promote your map.

DotA was quite popular due to this salesman.

Level 6
You know what I hate to be rude but you Naro need to stop posting on this poor guys project thread because all your doing is bringing the hate here. You are still bragging about your precious DoTA and yes it is the oldest custom map for wc3 which means it can and should be beaten. So what if it has years of balance and feedback? We can try to help by commenting and giving feedback as well. When DoTA first came out it wasn't famous so why do you expect a new map to be insta-famous?

You're welcome for this lesson in Common Sense.

I wonder that too Septimus...

Level 17
I don't want to discourage you, but this statement already quite a good reason why this map just won't work out.

From what I seen over here, the first question that comes into my mind is "what are you doing if they all do this job for you?"

Not really if you have the greatest salesman of the century like Guinshoo or what his name promote your map.

DotA was quite popular due to this salesman.

Right, so try hiring him and make a aos then? >.<
I think LoL tried the same but still don't see it beating DotA's fanbase.

Level 17
You know what I hate to be rude but you Naro need to stop posting on this poor guys project thread because all your doing is bringing the hate here. You are still bragging about your precious DoTA and yes it is the oldest custom map for wc3 which means it can and should be beaten. So what if it has years of balance and feedback? We can try to help by commenting and giving feedback as well. When DoTA first came out it wasn't famous so why do you expect a new map to be insta-famous?

I'm not expecting that, and years of feedback from over 15 million players (Sounds like a fair number), competative esport organisations etc. is nothing compared to our 'commenting and feedback'?
Seriously, you keep ranting on about 'my precious dota' while I clearly stated I don't like it, but the fact remains the chances are just too slim for 1 person or even this forum to beat it, maybe if it was still in it's early stages, but it's too late now.
Just try to make another aos, don't try to beat/remake..

Level 31

I can understand why Naro was bashing this guy.

The way the author of this thread post the detail and everything else seems to lack of profesionalism and etiquette of a good quality map. The way the author make the presentation of his map was dull and uninteresting might be the reason why it was turn off by some people.

Level 6
As I said and keep saying you need to stop posting useless comments here Naro and by the way you double posted. If you hate it then why continue this then? Anyone can do anything, do not try to limit someone because that's just mean.

Septimus you can not say that until the map production has been started and at least put to beta but yes his presentation was a bit dull still why the need to bash him? We all dream about something and he wants to dream about beating DoTA and he could do it too.

Level 17
I can understand why Naro was bashing this guy.

The way the author of this thread post the detail and everything else seems to lack of profesionalism and etiquette of a good quality map. The way the author make the presentation of his map was dull and uninteresting might be the reason why it was turn off by some people.

That.

And that brings us to the conclusion: It's very, very hard to beat/replace a map that has been existing for so long.
And if anyone can, it's sure as hell not this guy.

Level 18
Thank you for couraging me WarManta!!
Thank you for DIScouraging me Naro!

my real intention was not to beat DotA but, i wish to be competitive with DotA, so people will like it too, i don't intend to make it same:sad:, i just want to be competitive, and Naro:thumbs_down:, those selfish double posts and the things you posted really discourages me, about septimus, his posts is still reasonable , only naro's posts makes me pissed off the ground!:thumbs_down::thumbs_down:

Level 31
Septimus you can not say that until the map production has been started and at least put to beta but yes his presentation was a bit dull still why the need to bash him? We all dream about something and he wants to dream about beating DoTA and he could do it too.

How a person make an presentation of his map also show how much incentive he have in working out the map.

Thread with a poor presentation of the map often show the author lack of the incentive to work out the map.

Definitely no offense over here, but based on my past experience; thread regarding an project with poor presentation often does not survive that long.

It either complete in rather horrible quality or gone dead. On the other hand, project with excellent presentation often goes beyond the boundary.

Just look at some map presentation such as Diablo 3, The Chosen One and those approve map at wc3c. You would notice their presentation often more detailed, organize and have the etiquette of what an good map suppose to have.

Level 6
Sometimes that is false Septimus since not everyone is a expert at making beautiful presentations and you never know he could be really good at his map but have a poor presentation. He could work very hard on his map and fail horribly on his presentations so indeed sometimes it is false to assume what you have said.

Level 17
Sometimes that is false Septimus since not everyone is a expert at making beautiful presentations and you never know he could be really good at his map but have a poor presentation. He could work very hard on his map and fail horribly on his presentations so indeed sometimes it is false to assume what you have said.

Seems to me that you're the one ranting on..
And Septimus is talking about 'personal experience' so calling it false is weird.

No hard feelings but this is his other project's terrain:

screenshotfighting.png

Good luck making a better aos than dota.

Level 18
How a person make an presentation of his map also show how much incentive he have in working out the map.

Thread with a poor presentation of the map often show the author lack of the incentive to work out the map.

Definitely no offense over here, but based on my past experience; thread regarding an project with poor presentation often does not survive that long.

It either complete in rather horrible quality or gone dead. On the other hand, project with excellent presentation often goes beyond the boundary.

Just look at some map presentation such as Diablo 3, The Chosen One and those approved map at wc3c. You would notice their presentation often more detailed, organize and have the etiquette of what an good map suppose to have.

I know you mastered the triggers, like your Holy shit spell, Fail spell, Fire ward spells, those very good spells really amazes me!

i thought , if people said good luck that'll be better, or say and review maps like my friends did, they did say good luck (you won't meet them at hive A_A)

why won't you too??

just makes me gone pissed off the grounds........ what ever you want to say.... i'll work on this map my best, i'm just looking for helpers!

Just like WarManta said, we all have dreams, why can't i? i want to be competitive , not all people like DotA, some of them leave after downloading dota from a host!

i'm one of them, DotA's game play is just bash the heroes, get some bounty!

i want some new things like quests to make it more fun!

(i'll put quests in later versions of beta in my map!)

i just want to be competitive....... is that wrong...........

if you think it's wrong...... ask a mod to delete this thread and i shall start a new project then!

but i still want to continue this!

Level 31
about septimus, his posts is still reasonable

always reasonable, i often point out the most valid 1.

You don't have to be an expert to make an beautiful presentation.

And you certainly don't need to make the presentation beautiful. The presentation just got to have sufficient detail and well organize.

From what I see at this thread, I do not see any of the criteria.

I can give a lot of validity of what this thread was lacking. We take an example of this quote below.

You could download the maps in epicwar
V0.01 Beta is released in the epicwar
V0.02 is released in the epicwar
V0.03 is released in epicwar.
V0.04 is released in epicwar.
V0.05 is released in epicwar.
V0.05a is released in epicwar.

He could have make it much organize such as sample below

He could have just post screenshot of his work, so people does not need to d/l his map just to get a look since it was a waste of time.

And many more thing, I am too lazy to explain it.

why won't you too??

I never wish people luck and I hardly do it.

If my memory serves me right, Thomas Edison once say (Genius rely 99% on hardwork and 1% on luck). So you know why I never wish people good luck and often gives advice only?)

just makes me gone pissed off the grounds........ what ever you want to say.... i'll work on this map my best, i'm just looking for helpers!

If you're looking for helpers, then you got to show you really have the incentive to work on it. If you show a poor presentation, it would give an negative impression towards the person and it would turn them down.

If you go to interview for work, do you dress like a slob?

Just like WarManta said, we all have dreams, why can't i?

QFT = Dream could never become true if you never work on it.

Level 17
I know you mastered the triggers, like your Holy shit spell, Fail spell, Fire ward spells, those very good spells really amazes me!

i thought , if people said good luck that'll be better, or say and review maps like my friends did, they did say good luck (you won't meet them at hive A_A)

why won't you too??

Just like WarManta said, we all have dreams, why can't i? i want to be competitive , not all people like DotA, some of them leave after downloading dota from a host!

i'm one of them, DotA's game play is just bash the heroes, get some bounty!

i want some new things like quests to make it more fun!

(i'll put quests in later versions of beta in my map!)

i just want to be competitive....... is that wrong...........

if you think it's wrong...... ask a mod to delete this thread and i shall start a new project then!

but i still want to continue this!

Okay, quests in a aos? That's pretty original.
If we forget the 100 other aos maps that already have them, so that's not a big original plot for a better map.

Level 18
Seems to me that you're the one ranting on..
And Septimus is talking about 'personal experience' so calling it false is weird.

No hard feelings but this is his other project's terrain:

Good luck making a better aos than dota.

thankyou for giving me a luck, but that map, i gaved up, and because of that map, i grown better ^^.

My computer's texture is worse, that axe soldier and lance guy? uses a texture of a blood elf lieutenant, (my texture replaced it in my com somehow but i managed to fix it!)

i will give you a **** (what is it???) if you do help me something ^^

Level 17
thankyou for giving me a luck, but that map, i gaved up, and because of that map, i grown better ^^.

My computer's texture is worse, that axe soldier and lance guy? uses a texture of a blood elf lieutenant, (my texture replaced it in my com somehow but i managed to fix it!)

i will give you a **** (what is it???) if you do help me something ^^

Sarcasm is the use of words to damage the reputation of, or hurt, another person. It is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt.” [1] Some authorities sharply distinguish sarcasm from irony, as in: “Irony must not be confused with sarcasm, which is direct: sarcasm means precisely what it says, but in a sharp, caustic, ... manner.”[2]. However, others would argue that sarcasm may involve, or often does involve, irony. Thus: “sarcasm does not necessarily involve irony. But irony, or the use of expressions conveying different things according as they are interpreted, is so often made the vehicle of sarcasm…”; and “The essence of sarcasm is the intention of giving pain by (ironical or other) bitter words.” [3]

Level 6
Just wow Naro stop it, your just upsetting him now. Do you like making people feel bad?
Septimus of course its always hard work and when you wish people good luck then your telling them they can get better and got a step closer to making a map even better and still encouraging them to work even harder.
If I didn't say this earlier I think you'll do just fine Uzumaki.Minato, age means nothing if your above the age of nine. Good Luck :D

Level 5
Okay... I've played it... And here is a veeery big list of things that MUST be changed:
1) Terrain looks... Well... It sucks...
2) Hero's are leveling tooooo slow.
3) Abilities costs too much mana.
4) You should change Corrupted Elf Wizard model to Assassin. It will look better.
5) Icon of Scarlet Wings changes when you will learn it to Blink Icon.
6) You should add Credit List where you tell who made all those models.
7) Swordfencer can't stand in one place... His model jumps all the time just like he was having ants in pants xD
8) You should change some icons... More than 4 abilities have this same icon...
9) Please tell me why Battery Cell (H) looks like a boots?
10) Boost Orb (Y) costs too many... It should be cheaper. Now it costs 2500, but it should only 2000.
11) Heavy Equipped Vehicle and Destroyer have strange missiles/arrow like things...
12) Chronomancer's missile should move faster.
13) Braver doesn't make any damage...
14) 65th Corrupter have wrong description of third ability (that one which have boots of speed icon).
15) Lordaeron and Elf players can have Scourge heroes and Scourge players can have Lordaeron heroes.
16) Corrupted Warknight is one BIG EPIC FAIL! He's model looks veery bad, he has weak abilities...
17) Why Corrupted Ancient who is 5 METRES HEIGHT FORTRESS IS AGILITY HERO?!
18) Betrayer should have other model... This one only makes me laugh...
19) Masked Killer ability don't have a description (the first one).
20) Masked Killer should have other voice. Because now when he talks you can hear a horse...
21) Corrupted Ancient has wrong research description of Magnetic Clamp.
22) Explosive Cannon works as a wave but effect stays in one place, in front of Corrupted Ancient...
23) Why are u uploading this map at Epicwar.com???? Upload it here, on hiveworkshop.com!!! You will get more constructive comments from good map makers (like me xD).

Well... Overall, this map now is veeeeery bad... But maybe someday it will become one of the top maps in world? But believe it won't happen now...

If you want I can help you with terrain but the rest you have to change allone... Because it is your map. Good Luck in mapping and modding!

Level 31
haizz

i heard that Eul that really originally created DotA not Icefrog!

is that true?? i don't know really!

well i'v come up with a bit problem in the development =-=

A_A if i wrong triggered something the map won't go!

yep, eul was the original as far as i recall.. and guinshoo or whatever his name was the guy responsible to make this map famous.

as for icefrog, he was merely editing the map.. and there is a news that he edit the map without eul permission.. but that was another none of my concern. :con:

as for your trigger, there is no way the map could bug if you make it in gui.. there gotta be some jass code that you screw up.

Level 18
Correction, it was dota that copy aos, not aos copy dota.
Eul created DotA; Guinsoo then created DotA Allstars, and then IceFrog took over.
Guinsoo is the guy that made DotA into a successful map, IceFrog merely added some heroes and fixed some bugs.

oh, sorry if i'm wrong then ^^

anyways

haizz

well i'v come up with a bit problem in the development =-=

A_A if i wrong triggered something the map won't go!

EDIT:

my bad!

haha

Custom script

call my_func(udg_TempLoc1)
i supposed to make call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc1)

Last edited:
Level 18
Okay... I've played it... And here is a veeery big list of things that MUST be changed:
1) Terrain looks... Well... It sucks...
2) Hero's are leveling tooooo slow.
3) Abilities costs too much mana.
4) You should change Corrupted Elf Wizard model to Assassin. It will look better.
5) Icon of Scarlet Wings changes when you will learn it to Blink Icon.
6) You should add Credit List where you tell who made all those models.
7) Swordfencer can't stand in one place... His model jumps all the time just like he was having ants in pants xD
8) You should change some icons... More than 4 abilities have this same icon...
9) Please tell me why Battery Cell (H) looks like a boots?
10) Boost Orb (Y) costs too many... It should be cheaper. Now it costs 2500, but it should only 2000.
11) Heavy Equipped Vehicle and Destroyer have strange missiles/arrow like things...
12) Chronomancer's missile should move faster.
13) Braver doesn't make any damage...
14) 65th Corrupter have wrong description of third ability (that one which have boots of speed icon).
15) Lordaeron and Elf players can have Scourge heroes and Scourge players can have Lordaeron heroes.
16) Corrupted Warknight is one BIG EPIC FAIL! He's model looks veery bad, he has weak abilities...
17) Why Corrupted Ancient who is 5 METRES HEIGHT FORTRESS IS AGILITY HERO?!
18) Betrayer should have other model... This one only makes me laugh...
19) Masked Killer ability don't have a description (the first one).
20) Masked Killer should have other voice. Because now when he talks you can hear a horse...
21) Corrupted Ancient has wrong research description of Magnetic Clamp.
22) Explosive Cannon works as a wave but effect stays in one place, in front of Corrupted Ancient...
23) Why are u uploading this map at Epicwar.com???? Upload it here, on hiveworkshop.com!!! You will get more constructive comments from good map makers (like me xD).

Well... Overall, this map now is veeeeery bad... But maybe someday it will become one of the top maps in world? But believe it won't happen now...

If you want I can help you with terrain but the rest you have to change allone... Because it is your map. Good Luck in mapping and modding!

wowowowowow,

i'm out from home to study for the exams which is coming so, i'll fic it!

well the terrains, i got someone to do it, when i have time, i'll send it to you or that guy at the project recruitement

and those models

xD all those bugs are fixed

except for the description i'll update soon enough thankyou!

Explosive cannon is an explosive thing , it damages in an area,

Braver fixed

Rough Divide fixed

Ultimate ability fixed

leaks fixed

desc not yet

the red text is the things that i should fix , the green texts are the things that i should improve

the other ones ( think i need your help and ideas)

EDIT:

-V0.08 Uploaded
->>Changes
-Some recipe items added
-Find it your self!
-hints
1hint->>buy all materials on the material shop
2hint->> then buy something like Sword + imperial Badge

->> 1hint+ 2hint = Ultimate Hint!

Last edited:
Level 7
what do ya mean FAIL?

well if you don't want to help then hush hush!

=.=

no offence but why are you viewing this thread then?

in this map i want to create some quests too!

and the recipe, you must find the recipe your self too!

i want to make a big diff between it

EDIT:

thanks for your support, i'm sure one day i'll beat dota!

yes uzumaki your map fail because it has no uniqueness in it from the map title itself fails btw dude sorry if i say these i just want to help..since your asian and im asian too i can help you have ideas on your map..its good if you make a samurai map thats more unique, and few people make it just like samurai legends..make it aos type put asian characters or based it in asian myth..:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

i say this again dota fails..:razz:

Level 18
Version 1.05b

Added Questmaster(see the quests ok!!)

-Minor bugfixes in the heroes, increased damage!
-Leaks fixed
-4 quest!, 2 quest each team
-Quest fixes

V1.06

Changelogs:
-Added a new hero "Tactician"
->>Grenade
->>Flashbang
->>Medi-Kit
->>Ambush

Abilities Fixes:

-Abilities Fixes in Ancient Evil's Chaos corruption's instant killing bug
-Fixed the ability of all melee combos like Holy Punishment,Purifying Break,Renzosuken,etc.
-Crimson Rush decreased damage, and add an effect of a real rush!
-Reduced the damage of some spells which is imbalanced

Neutral Hostile Changes:

-Shanro's Bug fixed, now it will give gold before it revives not after it revives!

Credits:huntere15 for testing it with me to find these bugs

EDIT!

My friends testers and post readers

Note that i have opened an official website and an official forum , please visit them for more information!

EDIT2:

V1.08, i'm going to put a new hero, it's called Elite Cavalry, its based of strength and his abilities is almost based on defense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.