• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monarch Wars (AoS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well this is my new Idea and I wanna broadcast it to get feedback and a small team before starting.

Map Outline
This map will be a Dota-like map with unique ideas, spells and gameplay. With only little storyline it is a pure combat game consisting of the 30 monarchs fighting for either the light or evil side.

Storyline
Long ago the 32 gods ruled in peace and harmony. Each one looking after their element whilst respecting the others. Then one day 2 of the gods began a war. These 2 god's being the greatest one's. The god of evil and the god of light fought and managed to each coax 15 other gods to fight besides each one of them. The war went on for centuries. Neither side losing or winning. Eventually the gods of light and evil overestimated their powers and tried to harvest their allies power. When this time come the 30 other gods came together into the most powerful alliance ever created. They combined their magic and banished the 2 fighting gods away from their homeland. This magic was so strong it shattered their land, decemating it.

A new land was found and they spent a few centuries protecting and nourishing it. Then they returned. The light and evil, to fight over this land. The gods however had created a plan. They had created a place that only the immortals could live. They banished themselves and the light and evil one into this land where they could channel their energies yet not physically touch anything.

The dark and light one however managed to escape for long enough to build a temple each and they drew war into which side would win. The 30 gods withdrew them to their prison and watched as the forces of light and evil collided in a war that would surely end everything.

The 30 gods however got bored very quickly and they wanted to be released. They each joined a side and fought their, eager to win so they could use the energies of the land to break the latch of this prison and set their side free.

The light and evil manipulated their temples to create armies that would hopefully destroy the others temple. The 30 god's with no temples to manifest each chose a living being and embodied them with their elements powers. This created the monarchs and they are the difference between winning and losing.

Choose a side and a monarch and maybe you can carry your side to victory.

Heroes
There will be 10 int(blue), agi(green) and str(yellow) heroes. Adding up to a total of 30. The Evil and Light Monarchs will be a rare unlockable and they will be both agi monarchs, with equal stats to all and the same spells as each other.
NOTE: Dark and Evil monarchs and light and holy monarchs are different things completely.

The first 15 monarchs.

Cauis, The Dark Monarch
Thestalos, The Fire Monarch
Raiza, The Storm Monarch
Granmarg, The Rock Monarch
Zamborg, The Thunder Monarch
Annis, The Holy Monarch
Ralek, The Earthern Monarch
Mobius, The Ice Monarch
Aquius, The Water Monarch
Clangou, The Metal Monarch
Thorn, The Nature Monarch
Draco, The Dragon Monarch
Gastro, The Spirit Monarch
Brinza, The Air Monarch
Koisre, The Aura Monarch

P.S. Only 6 monarchs will come in the demo version. I need an icon maker and spell maker to make this demon version so pm me please.

Map
The map will have 2 fortress on either side (left and right) and behind those will be villages. From the villages you can enter the forest. From there you can reach the beach/mountains/desert. There will also be "mini" dungeons that are unlocked when you do a quest/insert a code. You can access these from your village.
The BattleField
The battlefield consists of 2 lanes in between the 2 gateways from the fortress. This is a simple area with no creeps and only fighting (heroes and fortress spawns).
The Fortress
The fortress will be a 3 level tower like structure. If the enemy destroy the temple on this fortress you lose. Units spawn outside the fortress therefore it has its own defense that unfortunately do not respawn. From the fortress you can enter the forest, the battlefield or the village. The exit to the forest is a one-way waygate and the entrance to the village will be a two-way transport that enemies will not be able to use.
The Village
The village will consist of multiple NPC's and shops that sell items and give quests. Some quests will have permanent rewards such as the quests to unlock the light and evil monarchs to play. Most of these permanent rewards will be given in codes to use and most will be very difficult. The village will also give access to the dugneons. These areas are one way tickets to a area in which you must fight 3+ monster groups and then fight a boss monster. Most of these bosses will have a 10%+ chance to drop items that somehow correspond to it. Some will drop quest items. The village gives access to the forest and to the fortress.
The Forest
The forest is a wildlife area that has non replenishing creeps. This area is only good for quest item collection and getting to the other areas. You can also hunt other heroes here. The forest gives access to the desert, mountains and beach. Note that some of these areas will need a quest to gain access to.
The Beach
The beach can only be accessed from the south forest and contains monster that respawn after long periods of time. This area will contain several quest monsters and a transport system of some level.

MORE AREA INFO COMING SOON!

The Dungeons
The dungeons will be areas that you must unlock. About half of the dungeons are hard so your gonna need some partners to use them. When entering a dungeon waygate will only stay open for 10-15 seconds before shutting. This is too prevent people from dieing and then going straight back in. It also makes it more challenging. The gates will reopen when everyone in the dungeon has died, won or left. All dungeons will have powerful bosses that drop rare items. Dungeon monsters only respawn when you have gone past them. Though access from the light village only allows light members to enter if a evil member has unlocked the dungeon and enters at the same time as a light then they will share the dungeon and will be able to fight in it.

Spider Dungeon
This is the easiest dungeon to obtain and finish.
Room 1: 2 Arachnos
Room 2: 4 Arachnos and a Spider Egg
Room 3: 2 Arachnos, 2 Spider Eggs and a broodling
Room 4: 3 Arachnos, 3 Spider Eggs, 2 Broodling and a Brood Mother(boss)
Drops: Webbed Omelette (15% from spider eggs), Spider Summoning Amulet (5% from all monsters besides spider eggs) and Brood Fangs (10% From Brood Mother).

Quests
Quests can be gained from NPC's in the village or in the wilderness areas.If a dungeon is unlocked with a quest. It is unlocked for the whole team.

New Recruitment
Kill one of your opponent's heroes.
Talk To: Knight Near The Spider Dungeon
Reward: Access to Spider Dungeon and a Spiderling Pet.

Pets
Pets are permanent creatures that are gained as rewards form quests and killing monsters. The do not respawn.

Spiderling
This pet has the ability "web" which ensnares a unit for 2 seconds dealing 20 damage a second. If this ability is used on a Creep it lasts 4 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 15
ya another AoS...great
I bet you didn't read the first post.

Sounds like a rather unique AoS. Quite an amount of interesting features, like the Pet System and all the areas like the beach. Dungeons make it feel like an RPG, which seems to work rather well with AoS maps.

However, there seems to be a lack of originality in features. Although its true that there are quite a number of features, none of them are really unique. Take the pet thing for example. Its just a plain, old "Get Unit by doing Quest" thing. It may be more interesting if you could feed it stuff to make it become more powerful, train it to learn skills via some pet trainer etc.

Anyway, good luck. However, having all of the hero names contain "Monarch" is kinda boring. Perhaps use synonyms like "King" or "Baron" or "Lord" etc.

Level 8
Im just saying there is 1000............... ect AoS maps.... *yawn* i dont even bother to test or play them anymore. There has been so many "Unique" AoS's and "amazingly different" ones but they always turn out the same. I could be proved wrong but i ndoubt hes different than any of the other 10,000 new(not noob but maybe so...) map makers who try or do make a DoTA like map....

Level 16
Some of the name are taken from Yu-Gi-Oh, speicifically the "Monarch" Archetype. The ones who are at war should be "Holy" and "Evil" Monarchs. I want to see how his will turn out, though.

Level 8
Oh look at that - another AoS. I've had an idea - why not play the already popular AoSs instead of re-inventing the wheel?

I see you have tried to add new things like the beach and forest, but they are really just litterally renamed 'bases, lanes, creep area, roshan-equivalent'

The heroes themselves are restricted with the elemental theme.

I suppose your friends might play it, as well as the one-time reviewers, but more than half of the people here won't touch an AoS anymore.

Level 8
@Cloudwolf
No, how about we keep making warcraft III maps. RPGs can be made unique, just like minigame-style maps. AoSs cannot be unique anymore, everything has been done.

I don't know who made it, but someone made something along the lines of 'golddigger' where the player had to get through waves of rocks to mine and upgrade the excavator unit.

If you think, just because people keep trying to 'discover fire' again, we shouldn't try to come up with something new, you have more pessimism than I do.

Level 12
Zeron and Jsprat100 what about making a map? Well, maybe its just me but i havent seen any of you guys having a project, jsprat i have only seen you coming with bad critism to other people. What about coming with some constructive critism instead of that crap telling him that his work is pointless. You dont get overwhelmed with unique ideas just because someone tells you to.

this is no offense but i felt like having to say this

Status
Not open for further replies.