• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AoS] League of Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11

[
mjtk5t.jpg

League Of Champions

League of Champions is an Aeon of Strife map that has unique systems, unique

spells, unique heroes, etc...
You will need to play to find out more ;)
A fresh Warcraft III playing experience is guarenteed :)

The map will feature several new features that have never been seen before in Warcraft

under the Aeon of Strife genre.

-[ ] Player Statistics
-[ ] Custom Attributes
-[ ] Custom Interface
-[ ] Custom Game Modes
-[ ] Save/Load (Only for Statistics)
-[ ] Streak System
-[ ] Attribute Multiboard
-[ ] Custom Tooltips (Appearing on the screen as images)
-[ ] Custom Hero Picking System
-[ ] Custom Bars
-[ ] Keyboard Button Detection
-[ ] Anti-Killsteal
-[ ] Damage Display
-[ ] Anti-Maphack
These are just the highlights
I'll think of more later..

This map will be coded entirely in vJASS.

At the moment, we don't need any help in this fie

~Magtheridon96

25k0ozd.jpg

This field is under construction.

Bane Apparition
Azneth
Spells:

- Shadow Walk: Goes into stealth mode but his movement speed will decrease.
- Curse: Puts a curse upon the enemy dealing damage to it.
- Netherflare: Ascar releases a ball of darkness from his soul and hurls it at an enemy unit.
- Sadist: Gives a chance to block damage and gain it back as life
- Dark Tide: Releases 12 netherbolts around Ascar dealing damage to all units in range.

Description:
Azneth is an apparition of darkness. He comes from a void beyond this universe. He was birthed by the darkness of the Avatar of Darkness.

Obsidian Rogue
Darathul

Spells:
- Throw Knife: Throws a knife at an enemy unit dealing damage and slowing movement speed.
- Roar: Grants bonus health for a short duration
- Battlecry: Strikes fear into enemy units making them run away
- Strike: Strikes an enemy unit and deals damage to an enemy unit
- Unholy Power: Sends obsidian blades to all enemy heroes on the map.

Description:
The Avatar of Darkness summoned this warrior from a land far away to aid The Ominous in their strife against The Sanctified, but this warrior said that he would only aid them if he is to be gifted with great power.

Deathbringer
Malodin

Spells:
- Deathbolt: Sends a deathbolt to an enemy unit dealing damage to it.
- Cripple: Slows an enemy unit and deals damage to it.
- Feed: Gains health feeding on nearby corpses.
- Dark Threshold: Increases the damage dealt by Deathbolt and increases the hero's base damage.
- Minions: Summons 3 skeletons from the ground to aid you in battle.

Description:
To avenge his dead father, Malodin killed countless people in the village of Lorinia which led him to be known as the "Deathbringer". He is feared across the land by all.

ForonisusProject Leader/Hero Maker/2D Art/Forum Maker
Magtheridon96Lead Coder
Empire_JackalTerrainer
EldubsTester/Balancer
DarkgromTester/Balancer
millzyTester/Balancer/Trailer maker
Mgeterno11Grammar fix/Tester/Balancer
3vo1Tester/Balancer
EternalWow2010Tester/Balancer
ChuckyIcon Maker/Tester/Balancer
random.guy27Tester/Balancer
-Peper-3D Modeler

Do we need help?

- NOPE ;)

Thank you for reading this thread :)
Feel free to comment and give us feedback :D

Last edited:
Level 17
yeah, it would be recommended that the battle mode isn't focused only on heroes but on entire armies, I mean that units would also have a role in determining outcome not like dota when all you have to do is buy some stupid items and you're winning...and please by the love of god, do not add those "First kill", "Killing spree" etc fucked up sounds. Peace.

Oh and please tell as more about the unique systems, gameplay etc... :D

Level 11
yeah, it would be recommended that the battle mode isn't focused only on heroes but on entire armies, I mean that units would also have a role in determining outcome not like dota when all you have to do is buy some stupid items and you're winning...and please by the love of god, do not add those "First kill", "Killing spree" etc fucked up sounds. Peace.

Oh and please tell as more about the unique systems, gameplay etc... :D

About that section ill leave Magtheridon ;) but pls Magtheridon dont tell too much because it wont be interesting to play :)

Level 17
Maybe we'll just add sounds for the Multikills then :)
It would be a shame to see a 'Double Kill' drift away like that without any sound occuring xD

You could have alternative sounds; for example you could use Arthas's laughing sound when you get a first kill, or a demon growl when someone is dominating, etc etc...they are all found in the War3x.mpq archive so all you have to do is open the sound editor and search them up...

Level 11
You could have alternative sounds; for example you could use Arthas's laughing sound when you get a first kill, or a demon growl when someone is dominating, etc etc...they are all found in the War3x.mpq archive so all you have to do is open the sound editor and search them up...

Hmm i think thats great idea lets just say there will be a text showing DOMINATING!! but sound will be Demon laughing.. Great idea Chucky :)

Level 11
Yeah you know one of the most underated features about a game is sound I think but that's actually very important especially for mood and feeling..

i know that... about the systems there will be presentation to show how it will work just to tell im very excited about the systems we have a drawing-plan how will they look and i say INCREDIBLE! wait for video-presentation to find out more :)

Level 12
Here it is. It's not very good in my opinion but that's what i came up. Hope you like it.
[Sig deleted for reducing attachment counts. Better version on another post below]

Last edited:
Guys, our hero selection system is being built at the moment and it looks amazing even though it's still just a bunch of destructables :p

I came up with an algorithm for an anti-killsteal system.
See, we're going to give gold based on how much you damaged an enemy hero and how determined you were to kill him (quite complex algorithm, but it's crazy enough to work :p)

Level 16
Well, the only way to create such a tooltip system is a locked camera + units/destructables. However, if you decide to go this way, you won't have an onHover event. For an onhover event you'd need trackables, but the Trackable API is like 50% done, so you can't move them, neither destroy.
Also, to be honest, I don't know what's the purpose of a custom tooltip system. The built-in WC3 system works very well, I don't see a reason to use a custom one, especially if you have limited if you use that (like the locked camera - I'd never play an AoS map with locked camera - after downloading LoL I immediately turned off that camera mode. It's a huge pain in the ass)

Level 12
Here's the loading screen. It's just a preview image so it is in .jpg format with slight detail loss for easy loading of this image in everyone's web browser. If u think its ok, i'll send you the loading screen in top quality.
attachment.php

Attachments

• LoCLoadingScreenPreview.jpg
    LoCLoadingScreenPreview.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 272
Level 11
auctually its for champions thats why i wanted a LoL loading screen instead od warcraft heroes and thanks ALONE

Added the new loading screen and also a picture of Beta Picking System now im doing the heroes maybe about 1-2 hours ill post the heroes picture,spells,description...

Last edited:
Level 15
Il be able to take a look at the map tomorrow. I can hoost on garena and play it many times and see all the things that reguires balancing. Then i just report them to you. Also i am pretty good at making a good changelog. I suggest putting all the little info there like damage changes and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.