• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
dont Give up, theres a whole weekend. you cant finish over more than 3 days? i could.
Um... not exactly.
  • The contest shall begin on 01 September 2007 and conclude on
    20 October 2007 0:00 AM, (GMT)
That's about 90 minutes from now.

Tell you what, I'll give everyone another 24 hours. This thread will then be closed, the submissions validated and the poll created. Good luck guys!
  • Deadline officially extended until:

21 October 2007 0:00 AM, (GMT)

Level 35
Um... not exactly.
That's about 90 minutes from now.

Tell you what, I'll give everyone another 24 hours. This thread will then be closed, the submissions validated and the poll created. Good luck guys!
  • Deadline officially extended until:

woobs! Thanks Wolverrabid... I mistunderstood it, so I thought I had to tommorow night... damn would have been stupid. You saved me! Uploading in hours from now..

Level 9
Withdrawl / Re-entry

Umm... yah, my bad guys i found some serious bugs in my map after looking through it a litte more thouroughly (mostly stupid mistakes) but im 99.9% sure everything is fixed now so ya, heres the updated version.

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresW DEMONS.w3x
    217.7 KB · Views: 104
Umm... yah, my bad guys i found some serious bugs in my map after looking through it a litte more thouroughly (mostly stupid mistakes) but im 99.9% sure everything is fixed now so ya, heres the updated version.

Make sure you delete your other version, so you don't confuse the mods.

Level 10
I present you the....

FORCES OF THE NAGA

UNITS:
Mur'gul Tidewalker: Basic melee unit of the naga, born to defend.
Mur'gul Spearman: Basic ranged unit who throws spears at his enemies. His spears can be upgraded into Armor Piercing Spears which makes him deal more damage. Also can learn Headshot
Mur'gul Hunter: Average melee unit trained to stalk and kill ranged units. Has hide and net ability.
Hydra: Medium ranged sea serpent who deals poison damage at its enemies.
Ancient Caretta: Heavy siege unit. Used to destroy towers and other buildings. Has Hunger ability and uses Must Eat! upgrade.
Naga Guardian: Heavy Melee unit mainly used to go front.
Naga Tidal Protector: Evolved version of the Naga Guardians, who are more skillful, more useful and such. A very strong unit.
Praetor: Fast and agile hunter trained to kill whoever she sees. Uses many upgrades to increase the effects of her.
Marauder: Summoned unit to defend the tides. Only Tidal Base can summon it.
Tide Raiser&Mur'gul Slave: Basic worker units of the naga. Tide raiser can build Archive of the Tides which is the heart of the naga.

SPELLCASTERS:
Makrura Wizard: Defensive spellcaster who is mainly used by helping to others. Can cast split, debuff and combine.
Naga Siren: Offensive spellcaster who is mainly used for sieges. Can cast magical rocks, frost armor and combine.
Summoner: An ancient spellcaster who is the best spellcaster in naga race. Can cast Call of Power, Rain of the Naga, Immortal form and Gigantic Wave.

STRUCTURES OF THE NAGA
Naga Pool: Main structure of the naga used for gathering resources and training slaves.
Naga Athens & Naga Tidal Monument: Upgraded variations of Naga pool. Naga Tidal Monument can train tide raisers.
Fish Pool: Main food structure of the naga. Prodcues 12 food each.
Mur'gul Barracks: Main troop building of the naga. Can train Mur'gul Tidewalkers, Mur'gul Hunters and Mur'gul Spearmen.
Mur'gul Hut: Main research and lumber silo building of the naga. Contains Hide, Net, Armor Piercing Spears and Headshot upgrades.
Naga Forge: Blacksmith like structure of the naga.
Hall of Alchemy: Wizards and spellcasters can be trained here. Trains Makrura Wizards and Naga sirens and contains their upgrades.
Tidal Swimming Pool: Heavy troop production building. Can train Hydras, Ancient Carettas, Naga Guardians and Naga Tidal Protectors and has their upgrades.
Archive of the Tides: Now this building finishes everything. Can train Praetors and has their upgrades. Can also be upgraded into Tidal Base to defend the main base and get more upgrades.
Tidal Base: Upgraded Variation of Archive. Got Defend the tides ability.
Guard Tower: Small, unable to attack tower which can be upgraded into 3 towers.
Spear Tower: Throws spears in a fast rate.
Tidal Protector: Throws water at close enemies.
Sun Tower: Magic attacker tower, who has Sun burst and Sun beams ability.
Well of the Naga: Market building.

HEROS:

Hunter Killer:
Swift and agile hero mainly used for hit&run tactics and finish enemy units fast. Has Hit&Slash, Death Aura, Consume Power and Mini Me's abilities.
Ancient Chimaera:
Flying smart creature who loves to use enemy units as his pet. Has Mind Rake aura, Burning Attacks, Chain Heal and Fly abilities
Mathematics Professor:
Professor hero, mastered himself at mathematic and improving his intelligence more and more. Also known as a good tactic creator and siege master. Has Function Shield, Calculate X and Y, Brainstorm and Love of Mathematic abilities.
Draconian Overseer:
Warrior hero, favors strength over any of his skills. Has Slash, Draconian Breath, Draconian Skin and Essence of the Draconians abilities.

Well heres my entry. I hope you will like it. Tested the balance issues. An early rush with any race or very well played orcs and nightelves can own them. This map is the last version, however if you find anybug before the deadline I can fix :D

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresNoNZealot.w3x
    269.5 KB · Views: 153
Level 35
Last edited:
Level 32
  • The contest shall begin on 01 September 2007 and conclude on
The submission phase of the Techtree Contest is now complete.

Over the next few days I'll weed through the thread, sort out the submissions and validate them. The judging process will then begin. Look for the poll to be posted within one week (at most).

~ Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.