• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #3 Poll

Who made the best terrain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
GRRR i was stuck between frostwhisper, Belgarath, and Mr.Goblin!!
but had to go with frostwhisper! NICE JOB MAN

AHhh man i was about to say that!!!! ARrggg <3 what ever... well i don't know.. but for Osiris Incroyable catch up... i saw 3 or more... member that vote for him... that have 0 post or one... and that have create their acount TODAY!! 25th of August 2008 ...

look at it Gilles... please... (sorry Osiris cause your terrain was great) but its WAY to suspicious

Level 36
I think anyone who votes and has zero posts and/or hasn't been at this site since the poll started should have their vote nullified. Even with IP matches, there are proxy servers and public internet locations that one could go to if they are really that desperate. Since it's the internet, I'm not counting that out... :\

I mean honestly I don't want to be "that suspicious asshole" but it's happened before and I don't want the good nature of contests like this to be spoiled by zealous/overkill competitiveness.

Level 13
Getting 10 posts is too easy to limit the multi-accounters from doing what they do. Just post some random sh*t around in the off-topic forum and done. And we increase the limit, we may exclude honorable but new members from expressing their opinion.

Lol sorry but i diden't vote for my self i dont know how to creat a e-mail my brother created mine e-mail! and u think then your brother made you NO,he is with his girl freind on summer at Greek and my freinds voted for me becous they love my terrain they just dont post i can even show u pictures they only love to see the tutorials or terrains becous they wanna learn.So dont think that i made multi what ever thingy and ther are more freinds i diden't told and i am not telling some people to vote that are not from this site or ever seen this site and it doesn't say in the rules that i cant tell my freinds to vote for me!

Level 13
Or this is a conspiracy put up by someone to discualify Oziris, creating suspicious accounts and voting for him. *Puts tinfoil hat on*

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello i am Oziris Freind i dont know what u are saying and he is not lie hear i will say in Serbian:Oziris nelaze on je moj drug i neznam shta govorite on nelaze evo recicu na Srpskom.Hear see mz key board šđčćž that is Serbian key board.

and this is me !!! if u dont belive!

Attachments

• DSC01153.JPG
    DSC01153.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 159

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Ok this is bloody ridiculous. Oziris is suspicious, he broke a major rule, so he's not clean, but it's not us who will judge his case. The best action for us at the moment is to cut the disqualification spam (because it has really gone spammy) and leave this thread for the voters to comment. Let Gilles and the other judges handle this, else this thread will end up like the previous Terrain Poll. And you all know what happened there.

Level 25
I'm putting this on hold for now for moderator deliberation due to several things that have sprung up about it

We'll decide what happens in a bit. At least one person is going to be disqualified from this contest, if not two

Let this be a lesson to anyone thinking of trying stupid shit to try and win this contest

Level 34
Black_Crown and Oziris are out due to voting for themselves, and thedeadhunterxx is out because of the spam he spewed all over the site. The poll is up and running again, we can continue.

Please have some common sense and don't ruin the contest for others. This is all for fun, and should be enjoyable. It hasn't been for me.

Level 34
Ok, I'm going to say my opinion about the terrains, and I don't want anyone to be offended by any way:

frostwhisper (I don't like the background in your pics, it's very empty)
Spring: I like the vines on the hand and how there's some snow left from the winter
Summer: I think you made Summer the best, nice use of units and doodads
Fall: this picture looks sad (i didn't said bad, I said sad)
Winter: I like the ice on the hand, but those snowy pines look a bit ugly to me

FamousPker49 (I like the process how the cottage was built, in one year)
Spring: I think that pic ''Spring'' should be summer
Summer: and pic ''Summer'' should be spring, because of fog and doodads (flowers)
Fall: is nice, bit empty... but it still looks nice
Winter: looks good, but that fog from chimney is too light and blueish, is that some ''holy fog''? :p

AirHead (not enough doodads in your pics)
Spring: Every tree is the same, not enough doodads, using just 2 tiles
Summer: Almost the same as Spring, just with even less doodads, different fog and atmosphere
Fall: I don't like the tile (even less doodads)
Winter: this one's ok

Just_Spectating (I don't like the road in your pics)
Summer: all your pics would looks better with another path
Spring: and they could use some units, like grunts or peons
Fall: this one is the best of all four
Winter: this would been better without green circle that's on the middle of path

Ilayat (it could be better if you have put some more grass, and some units maybe)
Spring: it could be better with more doodads
Fall: I like this one, but purple flowers don't match the pic
Winter: My favorite, but snow tile and road tile in this picture don't match
Summer: this one needs fog

Belgarath (it would be better if some people are outside)
Spring: should use more grass, doodads
Summer: this one' ok
Fall: those barrens rocks don't really fit good, but the dust looks neat
Winter: simple and nice

Hawkwing (I like yours very much Hawkwing)
Spring: I like the atmosphere in this pic
Fall: I don't think that fall should use green grass, but it's ok
Summer: a bit empty
Winter: this one is the best, I like how you made that lake is actually frozen when it's winter

Mr.Goblin (water in your backgrounds looks , not so good)
Winter: winters seems the best, because of X-mas lamps
Spring: orange water kinda ruins the pic
Summer: it is shining bit to much from the mountain
Fall: this is good, but the trees on the mountains are now too obvious

\Naze (there's too much fog in your pics)
Spring: it's ok
Summer: a bit empty
Fall: scary and a bit rough
Winter: I like it how you removed that pine, that's on the right

SeRviLy (I like these very much, but it would be better if trees are placed everywhere)
Spring: looks fine
Summer: almost the same as Spring
Fall: maybe should be different type of sky
Winter: a bit empty

~Void~ (you used a lot of space, that's a lot of work)
Summer: this one is the best
Fall: doesn't really look like fall, and why did the roof of the castle changed it's color?
Winter: hm, it changed color again...
Spring: Winter and Spring are way too much fogged, kinda ruins it

FrIkY (why did you do your terrains in the last moment... uhh... -__-)
Fall: needs more grass, doodads
Winter: I think that this one is the best
Spring: bit too shiny, random and colorful
Summer: also needs grass, and it's a bit too crowded in here

Volvox (yours are nice)
Fall: sky should be gray and clouded, it is raining
Summer: this one is the best
Winter: way too empty
Spring: beautiful

Thrikodius (you used the most, not expecting theme someone should use, amazing)
Summer: and I see you used ''no imports'' style, am I right?
Fall: but it would be better if some rocks were involved, not just rock chucks
Winter: snow melted around the cave, so nice
Spring: your pics kinda reminds me on ''Onyxia's Cave'' from WoW

ThePunisher (I don't really like these)
Fall: I don't know what's ''cooking stove'' doing in here???
Summer: plants should have different placement
Spring: Spring using Fall grass tileset?! I don't think so
Winter: one tree looks like it's levitating, different camera angle and purple box, that's not good

that's it, I even commented mine work :p lol

Status
Not open for further replies.