• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art contest #2 - Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
steampunk.gif

LET OFF SOME STEAM!

Nuts n' Bolts

This is a 'steam punk concept art contest'.

• Steam Punk can range all the way from "crystal powered golems" to "Steam driven castles that float miles above the earth".
  • You may use any 2D medium you wish. This includes traditional paint and pencil, all the way to digital art mediums such as Paintshop, Photoshop, and The GIMP.
Deadline

The Contest will begin:

August 18th.

And end:

September 6th.

20 days to complete your artistic piece.

If necessary, extensions will be added to the contest deadline.

Judging

Judging will be decided by a 50/50 vote/judge process.

50% of the vote will be determined by polling the HIVE populace.

50% of the vote will be determined by the vote of the Judges for the winner, and for the runner-ups.

Rep and Awards

40- reputation points and an award icon for first place.

25- reputation points for second place.

10- reputation points for third place.

Rules of Engagement

• All entries must follow The Hiveworkshop's rules as set by our Webmaster Ralle, and enforced by High Judge Mecheon and his fellow moderators.

The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site - FAQ
  • Blood, gore, intense violence, and extreme visions of the grotesque are allowed as long as they follow site rules and are within a good level of reason.
  • The art piece must contain at minimum one character or invention.
  • The art piece must be a newly created work started after the contest begins. Old work is NOT allowed.
  • You must show at minimum one WIP pic in order for your entry to qualify.
  • Please be original in your creative process.
  • You may have a background in your art piece. however, this is a concept art contest, not a landscape contest.
  • Please make sure that your concept is the center focus, and not the background.
  • The art piece must be steam punk, magic tech, or a combination of both.
Disqualification

Disqualification will occur if any of the following reasons are invoked:

Artistic theft, attempting to sabotage another artist's work, voting for yourself in the public poll, breaking the rules, and being a poor sportsman.

You may appeal your disqualification, on your own time.

• Warcraft Gnomes, Goblins, and Dwarves are a bit cliche, and may affect your score amongst the Judge vote.
  • Try to create something fresh, new, and awesome.

so if i did understand (sorry i'm french) we have to make a ''drawing or painting or what ever..'' that represents a concepts of a futurism life? with robots and big spaceship etc?

Like in --> Treasure Planets (an awsome movie ^^)
la_planete_au_tresor_un_nouvel_univers_treasure_planet_2002_reference.jpg

or like in --> Robots!! (a good movie too!)
Robots.1.jpg

or i'm completely lost..?

Level 10
yeah that's basically it ghost, I'll dissect it for you.

Think of punks, real punks.... dirty, poor, rag-tag and mismatched clothing, funky coloured hair in ridiculously shaven styles, tattoo's and junked up apartment buildings.

Now think of an old steam engine (train)... large and metallic, rusty, all cogs and mechanical in design, etc etc.

Now mix that batch in your head for about 20 seconds and add guns for flavour...

.... congrats you just imagined a steam punk :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Icons Right here [Update]

Done and done there’s the icons, 8 spikes facing inwards on this iron
man, maybe has about to get anal probed O.O I don’t want to be him right now.
And i cant convert the icons into BLP because of the perogram BLP <-> TGA Converter dont work for me but ill will get it into a BLP Icon. Ok nows it has been updated and the image has no ugly white shadow bits ^_^

Attachments

• BTNIronman.jpg
    BTNIronman.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 257
  • DISBTNIronman.jpg
    DISBTNIronman.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 265
  • BTNIronman2.jpg
    BTNIronman2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 210
  • DISBTNIronman2.jpg
    DISBTNIronman2.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Level 1
hang on is this a concept art contest or an icon contest... or are you submitting an icon into the concept are contest??

Lol the contest silly billy, its like what you think but not realy its a man in armor and thats how i started it a stick man into robo-bot, back again to kill all that is bad and yeha...

Done and done there’s the icons, 8 spikes facing inwards on this iron
man, maybe has about to get anal probed O.O I don’t want to be him right now.
And i cant convert the icons into BLP because of the perogram BLP <-> TGA Converter dont work for me but ill will get it into a BLP Icon. Ok nows it has been updated and the image has no ugly white shadow bits ^_^

This is concept art, not icon.

Plus, that picture looks stolen.

Level 35
If it is stolen, then he will be automatically disqualified, and receive infractions + neg rep, and quite possibly barred from future contests.

You have a choice..

-prove you made it.
-remove it if you stole it, and avoid punishment.
-face the consequences of thievery.

Also..icons are not exactly what we were looking for in the contest.

Level 4
Nice idea for a concept. I really liked it and WIP's are so cool. (Both Elenai's and Dionesiist's.) I might join, but just for fun. Because I don't have the right skills to draw and paint. Thanks for this beautiful concept.

If it is stolen, then he will be automatically disqualified, and receive infractions + neg rep, and quite possibly barred from future contests.

You have a choice..

-prove you made it.
-remove it if you stole it, and avoid punishment.
-face the consequences of thievery.

Also..icons are not exactly what we were looking for in the contest.

Actually it's forzamoto multi account and I should automatically bash him out of this contest. Why? Because he's not suited to be on the Hive.

Level 10
ok well if wip's are required then i'm dropping one now, it's just the skin tone and lighting I'm working on. Only 10 minutes in so theres obviously alot of work to go. I'm aiming for a bit of a desert punk with alot of body mods smashing down a cigarette.

wastelandkid.jpg

Oh I haven't chosen his mode of transport yet, I'm thinking of just giving him a few augmented limbs... does that fit within the criteria or not?

EDIT: the detail is slowly creeping in...

wasteland2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.