• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #24 - Diablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

texturing.png
contest.png

number.png
2.png
4.png

DContPrw.jpg

Diablo
Contestants are to create any creature, being or character from the Diablo franchise. Anything from Deckard Cain to Adria is a go.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any texture does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • The model you are skinning must exist in Warcraft III already.
  • No model edits are allowed.
  • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512.
  • Preferably the submitted skin should be 100% freehand(No CnP's or recolors allowed).
prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Shading
Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?/30%

Concept
Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?/40%

Details
Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?/30%
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on January 31st 2016, 17:00 GMT and conclude on March 21st 2016, 22:00, GMT

Assigned moderator: Apheraz Lucent

Last edited:
Last edited:
i have never played a game of diablo in my life, but yolo gonna try turn akama into a grim reaper
Actually I don't think there are grim reapers in Diablo...
For people who haven't played diablo I recommend visiting THIS SITE. From the dropdown menus of Monsters and Characters you can see what they look like and you might like something. You could also search for such sites for Diablo I and III if there are any or just google diablo screenshots and choose some creature or character :)
Good luck!

Malthael resembles one lately though ;)

Edit: Added deadline. Now, we just have to wait for the thread to be approved/moved at the right time.

Kinda forgot Diablo III existed. I usually tend not to acknowledge its existence :D

Anyway, first mini WiP: Izual's chain carpet (the one that hangs between his legs)

EDIT: Nobody's going to bitch me for starting a couple of hours before the beginning, right?

Attachments

• Carpet.PNG
    Carpet.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 338
Level 30
Kinda forgot Diablo III existed. I usually tend not to acknowledge its existence :D
This, so much.

Doom Guard model I guess? Watch out for weird shading on his wings.
I'm struggling what to pick for DII Sorceress. Jaina has cape, watcher has bonky animations, warden has cloak, sorceress if floating... ugh.

OH FUCK IT I shall do the Blood Raven.
20110418.png

Level 30
That's going to be one hell of a skin (no pun intended)

I'm going to use NE Archer for my base. I already did the starting phase with face - I'm currently trying to get the skull mask right but god it stretches so awfully ._.

Screenies tomorrow when I get the mask correctly.

That's going to be one hell of a skin (no pun intended)

I'm going to use NE Archer for my base. I already did the starting phase with face - I'm currently trying to get the skull mask right but god it stretches so awfully ._.

Screenies tomorrow when I get the mask correctly.

Maybe some of the other archer models like Shandris, High Elf Ranger or Ranger Hero / Sylvannas might have better suited wrap for a mask...

EDIT: Oh my god the wings wrap on the doom guard fucking sucks major dick... WTF was the modeller thinking?!

Last edited:

Attachments

• HellBovine.png
    HellBovine.png
    759.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • TaurenSpiritWalker.jpeg
    TaurenSpiritWalker.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:
I'm seriously considering leaving that bitch without wings right now. One hour wasted yesterday and a half today and it still looks like shit. Seriously, I've tried EVERYTHING.

Unless there is some magical program that can draw textures directly on the model and then convert it to the wrap, I'm never getting his wings looking right. Is there actually such a program?

Attachments

• fuck this shit.PNG
    fuck this shit.PNG
    136.3 KB · Views: 252
@The_Silent, I've edited your post to hide images in a hidden tag. Not all of us have widescreen, and it awfully stretched the page.

Strange, I don't have wide screen either, and it fit fine on my screen.

I'm seriously considering leaving that bitch without wings right now. One hour wasted yesterday and a half today and it still looks like shit. Seriously, I've tried EVERYTHING.

I usual refer to the original skin to get wrap right and check in magos to see which parts of the materials are transparent, team colored and "none", to avoid exactly that problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I assume this is a 1 submission contest. If so, might replace my submission at some point.

Level 25
I was planning for making Zoltun Kulle with a...not to sound weird but an Archmage. I really want to do something like him and I'm not sure if I could break the, of course not the rules, the lore and make him ride a horse somewhat, since I was aiming for it to be used on that Unmounted Archmage instead, but if not then i'll just continue the Paladin, or the Necromancer(Not sure if there is something in Warcraft III that uses a dagger or scythe though or a pike/spear for druid).

Lol my English went bad these days XD

Oh I give up on Blood Raven. No matter which model I chose, the bone helmet can't possibly look good. I've tried to move it up, move it down, make it an actual mask, nothing works to get a good result ._.

So I guess I'll go to Sorc then.

Have you tried to turn the upper part of her hood into a skull and the rest into hair if that's possible with the ranger/shandris wrap?

Level 18
Bleh. I really wanted to do Maghda, and after going through the models I faced the truth that I do not have any other choice than use the naga siren.

And now that I realized that I'm going to have holes for armpits.

Just wondering, does it still count as the character even if I made a "demonified" version of her? Actually using the snake tail and perhaps even the other pair of arms, partly resembling Belial's minions.

I didn't plan to use the tail at all in the first place, but just checking through the possibilities.

Those hands tho.

Attachments

• Maghda.png
    Maghda.png
    425.4 KB · Views: 177
Level 30
Skins still need to match the shading/texture style of Blizzard's Warcraft. It's just the concept that we're trying to re-texture, we're not working on Warcraft theme in Diablo games, but the reverse.

@Blood Raven, I've tried both Shandris and High Elf Archer models, both have fantastically horrible face wrap for this idea.

I was planning for making Zoltun Kulle
Get to it noaw!
I don't know what to texture if it is the monk or the wizard. T_T
Whichever floats your boat.
Oh I give up on Blood Raven.So I guess I'll go to Sorc then.
Like LOL. Also, you just love female wraps <3
admit it dear, they're less derpy overall.

Just wondering, does it still count as the character even if I made a "demonified" version of her?
I'd say yes. Even a slight resemblance should do the trick to help your case.

I usual refer to the original skin to get wrap right
Speaking of that, people should find this really useful if they don't have a modelling program that un-wrap's 'n' stuff like that.
It does speed up the process way faster as opposed to guessing.

Anyway, I assume this is a 1 submission contest. If so, might replace my submission at some point.
Indeed. By all means, the more wip's the merrier.

well someone get to making Duriel :p if your base unit choices are not working out
I see someone that tempts people around with ideas.

*points at that angel halo*

Status
Not open for further replies.