• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Workshop

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

stein123, here is the tutorial how to remove the hero glow with Mdlvis:

Step 1: Open the model
Step 2: Unselect all geosets.
Step 3: Search through the different geosets for the hero glow one
Step 4: Select the geoset
Step 5: Delete it and enjoy a hero glow free model

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thanks man!! save me a lot of time, it's very simple and works really fast, don't know why the other tutorials are so complicated when this way it's so simple

No problem :)

The problem with this solution is that I think it is inefficient, since corresponding textures and materials are not removed, I think.
I don't know whether Mdlvis removes them, too.

No problem :)

The problem with this solution is that I think it is inefficient, since corresponding textures and materials are not removed, I think.
I don't know whether Mdlvis removes them, too.

Mdlvis doesnt remove the material and texture unfortunately, but those are not big deal though, it's just a couple of extra path added in the model

Level 12
Can someone do a simple request for me?
it's simple and quick:
Death knight with no hero glow, Bandit Wrap on the body not the head and Decay animations.

If you have any questions, just ask me ok

Last edited:
Level 5
Model Animation Transfer Request & Weapon Attaching

Hello, may I request these stuffs? About transferring and attaching a weapon to a model.

Requesting to:
  • Replace this model's current weapon to this hammer.
  • Replace this model's animation with Arthas' "Attack - 1" & "Attack - 2" and add Blademaster's "Attack Slam".

Well, I haven't got the permission of the creator of this model yet, because he is inactive for 2 month but I really need this for my map project, and if it was against the rules, I apologize about this.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

^ yeah ^^

I guess this workshop is paused due to the maintainers inactivity

Level 8
Good night, dear member(s)!

I need a battle golem model without horns, in order to succesfully use a certain skin, if it is possible. I like the one in the model section, but it too similar with the warcraft golem.
Thank you, if you help me and/or read this.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Gottfried, you would like to receive the default Warcraft battle golem without horns ?

Level 5
Hi, new to this workshop.
Can I request a royal-ish looking human worker? Maybe change the face too, it looks quite derpy the warcraft III one

Level 8
Gottfried, you would like to receive the default Warcraft battle golem without horns ?

If may I please, such a thing... may I request a normal quality? (I mean no holes or anyother things, which makes a model bad, even to look it)

Thank you very much if you help!

Level 30
I ain't sure about this, but I'll ask anyways. Confusion is from where you said you do edit models, but you don't do SFX.

I'm in a need of a purple vampiric aura effect. Not the aura itself, but the little glow that appears on unit being healed. Would be totally understandable if you don't do SFX modifications in the end :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@Apheraz Lucent Does this work ?

@Gottfried Here is a hornless GolemStatue. I am surprised how much better the model looks without horns.

I might do other requests of this simplicity, too.

Level 29
Hello,
can you please help me with this simple edit im doing.
It needs seperate material for under the roof to display teamcolor part, and need to get rid of the texture belonging to door part that shows up at right side of the entrance, it has to be like the left side is.

Attachments

• GoldmineRetex.mdx
    30.1 KB · Views: 84
  • GoldmineStone.blp
    140.1 KB · Views: 65
  • StoneBase.blp
    106.6 KB · Views: 90
Level 3
Request

I require a modification of the Chaos Orc Grunt (Middle)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...143-fel-orc-race-design-icon-heavy-lineup.jpg
To have the head of the Orc Warchief
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow....jpg?version=550d7c977c166252844946d66862e997
And a bandit shield on the right arm...

With green skin.

In addition, if possible, a modification of the fel orc crossbowman (right)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...143-fel-orc-race-design-icon-heavy-lineup.jpg
To have a fel grunt head (middle)
And a rifleman rifle, again with green skin)

Thanks in advanced for having a look :3

Level 11
Hello, I am here to request a model (Not skin) for the existing Slave Master located within Warcraft 3. It's the same model of the Slave Master who is killed in the first chapter of Human01 of Reign of Chaos.

Request:
I would like the Slave Master to share the same skin feature as the Fel Orc Raider. This includes the eyes. If possible, I'd like you to choose the armor re-color of personal choice what you think fits best. Please, do not remove his weapon or shield. I want him to resemble as closely as possible to the old Slavemaster, but an enhanced version.

Reason:
I am using orc re-skins and apparently his skin is shared with the Fel Orc Grunt, but also because I want the orc to look more fearsome. Not anything near the Grunt at all. It will be used for my Enhanced Edition of the Scourge of Lordaeron, which will feature many new models, terrain art, skins, and more. Please, see my singleplayer and two-player albums for more information.

Thank you in advance, Pyraeus.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Eagle XI, I think I can try it, can take some time, poke me if I haven't done it in a few days.

RyanAvx, you mean you want the shield/weapon to be fully green ? Like the/a skin ?

Pyraeus, I don't understand what you mean with 'having the same skin feature'. OD you mean you want him to use the same skin ?
Please attach the required models here.

@Older requests

If you still need your request to be done, please repost it again. I don't promise I will do it though.

Level 3
Eagle XI, I think I can try it, can take some time, poke me if I haven't done it in a few days.

RyanAvx, you mean you want the shield/weapon to be fully green ? Like the/a skin ?
@Older requests

If you still need your request to be done, please repost it again. I don't promise I will do it though.

No no I mean the orcs to be based on the Fel Orcs but to have green skin instead of red skin, everything else to keep the same colours.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

'The orcs' are a bit vague. The warlock, for example, already exists with a green colour.

All orc units ? Do you use the red Fel Orcs in your map, too ?

Level 3
I don't see how I'm being vague. I only mean the two orcs I'm requesting as the Fel Orc models are bulkier with more armor than the standard Grunt model.

I only want the two models in question with green skin instead of red skin, and the other changes requested.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ah, I see, I am not sure whether I will overtake this request, depends on the progress of the others

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

EagleXI, try this one, please

Level 29

Attachments

• BGrunt_by_Whisper.zip
    149.6 KB · Views: 131
Level 3
I've looked at that one quite a lot but I couldn't find out how to download it. Loads of Whisper's DL links don't seem to work anymore! You...you don't happen to have the other ones do you...? ;)

In all seriousness, though, that model is good, but all I'm after is a green skinned fel orc grunt with a shield and a green skinned fel orc with a rifle.

In an ideal world, these models would also miraculously appear because of some magnificent ba***rd.

http://media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/attachments/59/690/635431068934107807.png
http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlords-of-draenor-6y1fz/media/artwork/artwork-21-full.jpg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/requests-341/22515d1202120324-gronn-gronn1.jpg
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/426712.jpg

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Eagle XI , it is not that I added it on purpose, I chose the way that takes the least time, just adding the TC to the material.

You never said anything about adding a custom roof, there was only the request to display team color. I cannot read your mind and that it looks shitty is the model's fault, not mine.
I can replace it though.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

istvan192, here is your banshee ranger with hero glow and slightly TC parts

Level 3
Could anyone please do a version of the Pandaren Brewmaster's Storm Earth and Fire units with no hero glow and team colouring please?