• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
WiP #8 here showing you another screenshots showing the new difficulty System and also the Final battle cinematic between Lord Vargas and Lokhar, the Death Lord itself.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

BTW, I am very deeply sorry but I cannot implement a quest where you will be taken on quiz and aswering stuffs because of the hard triggers needed.

EDIT: Actually, I have found one on the WEHZ, someone ask the same problem I am having and edo494 gave a test map. So just a question, is it allowed for me to use it.... not to worry, I'll put Nich in the Credits List!

Attachments

• Gameplay Screenshot 25.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 25.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Gameplay Screenshot 26.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 26.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Gameplay Screenshot 27.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 27.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Level 19
I just moved all of my suff away from my mothers house into my very good friend's apartment which is my new home now (Yay!), but apparently my computer was damaged during the transportation, so I'll have to redraw from the contest. Sadly, because I had progressed quite much since last WIP :l
But I wish the rest of you good luck and all that :)

Last edited:
Level 25
SUBMISSION
I haven't been able to include nearly as many features as I wanted, but it's time to submit since I won't be able to do much more.

Please note:
- There is no objective. Orcs periodically attack and there is a base to destroy, but there are no triggered objectives or quests.
- In the lobby you'll notice there are many player slots, including orc players. Orc players were never implemented, so just play alone.
- The Ancient Grove and Heart of the Forest buildings don't have any functions, so don't build them.

I had great ideas for this game, but the repetitive strain injury in my mouse hand has been quite bad for the last week.

Anyway I hope you have as much fun playing it as I had making it.

Attachments

• forceofnature022.w3x
    839.4 KB · Views: 90
Level 9
Meh, I was not able to finish it in tim but I think is a rather good submission, lets see if i get a decent rating :p I wont just leave this map as it is, I will keep working on it in the future and have a better version even though it was meant for this contest.

Some things you should know:
-The map itself is really fast paced you need to get the feelin' fast or you loose.
-Everytime you acquire the amount of souls required you will get an ability on your keeper to send the souls to hell.
-I was not able to get upgrades/items for the Hero before the deadline.
-Upgrade the Skeleton Guardians upgrade asap! They do matter, a lot.

-EDIT ahahaha i got time to work on it today! So I will have kind of a decent submission now.

Last edited:
Final Submission

FINAL SUBMISSION

I haven't anymore time to work + the contest overs tomorrow so I have to end my work here, I have include how to win and other stuffs, but I wish I have more time for a better entry :(

wel here it is... MY FINAL ENTRY

[Unless I have time]

Note : don't laugh at the filesize please :(
also, my terraining sucks :(
but I have try my best tho :D

good luck in completing ther respective entry for other participants

Attachments

• Contest Entry.w3x
    50.3 KB · Views: 63
Hmmm.... Should I keep trying or drop out because I really think Tickles wins this one.

Want your guys opinions. My map was the farming cavemen one.

Very unique as well original. One of the best entries yet... if not the best.

You should fix the starting and ending.

"The Undead has destroy Dalaran, and now, I have to find a way to recover any artifact for later battles then escape."

Should be

The Undead has destroyed Dalaran, and now I have to find a way to recover any artifact for later battles then escape.

As well you shouldn't have a cinematic message on a periodic timer.

Otherwise I enjoyed it.

I really liked your map rulerofiron99, it was complex... it was advanced. it was fun. No complaints or suggestions I can offer.

Awesome as always. =)

Learn to manage your time better, and work harder/better because extensions won't happen for you IRL. However I would like to thank everyone that attempted and joined for I appreciate everyone's hard work even if it is just a little.

Srry

Last edited:
Level 14
Hmmm.... Should I keep trying or drop out because I really think Tickles wins this one.

Want your guys opinions. My map was the farming cavemen one.

You should fix the starting and ending.

"The Undead has destroy Dalaran, and now, I have to find a way to recover any artifact for later battles then escape."

Should be

The Undead has destroyed Dalaran, and now I have to find a way to recover any artifact for later battles then escape.

As well you shouldn't have a cinematic message on a periodic timer.

Otherwise I enjoyed it.

I tried your earlier WIP. It was fun and I enjoyed it. Please do finish it. There are no loosing sides in those contests.

p.s.
Even better would be ''The Undead had Dalaran leveled to the ground a long time ago. Surely many artifacts still lie hidden beneath the rubble, waiting to be found. But word is there are still hordes of the dead guarding the magical ruins so I should also consider an escape plan in case things get ...nasty. ''
Just came to my mind

Level 9
This is my final submission.

attachment.php

I was not able to achieve what i wanted but is a fair map, it will be fixed in the future but i am afraid this is all i can do for now since the contest submissions are needed by tomorrow.

Summary:
-Quick paced game
-Demon gathering souls concept
-Micro your units to cover more ground
-Upgrades are available
-Protect your flaming mines (gold mines)
-Deliver souls to Lucifer before the timer ends
-Every time you reach the amount of souls needed a spell will pop on your gatekeeper, cast it

Notes:
There is only 7 waves at the moment and when you finish the last wave you win automatically, sorry i was not able to add a cinematic or such, i am low on time. Uhmm there is no quest log, yet either so the map is really unfinished in my opinion but it could entertain a lot of people as it is (unfinished xD).

Feedbacks are more than welcome and one more thing, its most likely I will go in deep and judge every entry xD even though i am not a judge and my judging wont count for shit, i still will judge :p

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Keeper of Souls.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • asda.png
    asda.png
    690.7 KB · Views: 415
Well here is the final edit/version of my entry for this contest, enjoy. :thumbs_up:

Off-Topic : Oh, also for future versions..... I am looking for a thing a long time ago someone did... it was a forest loading screen with a t-rex roar every few seconds and the loading screen shook. If anyone has that... I would greatly appreciate it if you could lend me it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Here is the game I came up with... an Archaeological Dig! You dig for bones, having a chance to get them. You may sell them if you wish, but keep in mind that to win you must have more bones than your opponent!

Screenshots
[/tr][/TD]

Map Init"

Digging"

Result"

227673-albums6433-picture69757.jpg

227673-albums6433-picture69755.jpg

227673-albums6433-picture69756.jpg

Level 21
Dammit I would have loved to finish my submission so there is more competition against tickles. Oh well study before modding.:xxd:
Well I suppose there's always next contest to go head-to-head while toppling sharks and volcanoes in the wake of our apocalyptic destruction. Too bad a lot of people couldn't finish in time :sad: But it looks like there's a good handful of people still in it.

I think there's about 13 hours left as of this post? Good luck everybody!

Cool... another extension. thanks kael :)

Finally I can post an updated version with terrain and fixed auto-loot.

EDIT: :thumbs_up:

I hope you guys enjoy my entry, I really worked hard on this one... WAYYYY harder then the last few contests I was in.

Off Topic: Tickles.... Your going down!!! :p
Hehehe I will try my best so you won't win yet again! :)
Good luck though, as well to everyone else.

EDIT: Do you guys require/want a credits list? Because this time I was resourceful :)

Attachments

• FiDL FinalVTake5.w3x
    4.7 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Level 21
Off Topic: Tickles.... Your going down!!! :p
Hehehe I will try my best so you won't win yet again! :)
MappingKombat.jpg
Do you guys require/want a credits list? Because this time I was resourceful :)
I highly suggest it. Not only is a full credit list mentioned in the map submission rules, but I hear Lordkoon pokes peoples eyes out if they don't have one.

On it.. the credits list that is.

That gif definitely shows our final battle the best! How come you so awesome...? =(
I still won't back down tho =P Though we definitely need our own epic battle music.

My entry so you don't need to keep going back to the last page ;
*Click Me*

thisruoy
Just_Spectating
darkdeathknight
X-OMG-X
CaveMan_Joe
Felz_09
Renderer17
Sansui
Situ
ndh