• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #5 - Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
@Kino,
You are allowed to use any type of resource from the Hive, or your own pre-made, as long as you give proper credits both in your map and your last WIP or entry (if you want it), but you mustn't use any types of Templates, custom open maps or damaging resource in your maps.

As your final submission, we take up your last WIP as your entry, unless you say different. Yes, the rules say you will need to upload the map before the deadline - so that we can count it as an entry, but you won't need to upload another WIP, just put your polished map in a post and write something about it to ease the work for the judges, what should they expect. Oh, and mention that it's your entry on this contest.

@bowser499,
Any version will do the job - it's your reminder on what and how you did changes to your map. Map version has nothing to do with the contest.

Level 5
well here is my final map this will be my entry although probably not that good due to exams :( i have 3 custom heroes 6 difficulties impossible is well almost impossible and there is 3 different lengths. I won't be suprised if im last but oh well and i have a feeling im missing something.

Attachments

• Island Protection v1.0.w3x
    153.2 KB · Views: 136
Here is my official map I hope every one who plays it will enjoy it :as:.
I have optimised one for better loading time and file size and left one open as an open recourse for the judges and anyone else that wants to see my code.

Attachments

• Eliminate the Terrorist v1.1.w3x
    821.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Eliminate the Terrorist v1.1 Not OPTOMISED.w3x
    923.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Level 25
Dark Vestige
Type: Defense/Survival/RPG
Goal: Defend three children while keeping yourself alive. At least one child must survive.
Max Players: One

Dark Vestige is a sidescroller that takes place after a necromancy book reacts to the arcane energy of the playable character, Rheya. The dead begin to rise and alter the nearby areas to make a new dominion for themselves. Rheya must protect a small handful students from her father's magic academy against the undead while trekking through mysterious forests, a raided village, and a shadowy mountain peak.

· Sidescroller view with a corresponding arrow key movement system
· An optional introductory cinematic to go with the storyline
· Custom music for both in and out of boss fights
· Multiple landscapes to venture through
· Varied enemy combat types which usually require full attention to overcome
· Unique bosses at the end of each zone which bestow new skills when defeated
· Wide variety of skills with distinctly different purposes
· A few Easter eggs to provide minor aid throughout your adventure
· Five playable difficulties
· Nightmare mode to ensure seeing children slashed to pieces (if you don't die first)

Credits, lore, and any additional information can be found in the quest menu.

· Fixed ghost hunting requirement completion error
· Removed various unnecessary or obsolete trigger actions
· Fixed boss sounds that didn't play properly
· Ice Magus now takes Phantasm damage and less Arcane Blast damage
· Corpse Lord takes less damage from Arcane Blast
· Wyrm and ice bombs no longer interfere with Arcane Blast projectiles
· Greatly reduced the amount of functions used (actions run noticeably smoother)
· Removed a unit group leak
· Polished intro cinematic
· Fixed a few missing or off-center unit shadows

Attachments

• darkvestige08.jpg
    darkvestige08.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 15,886
  • darkvestige09.jpg
    darkvestige09.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 15,624
  • darkvestige10.jpg
    darkvestige10.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 17,159
  • darkvestige11.jpg
    darkvestige11.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 14,842
  • darkvestige12.jpg
    darkvestige12.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 14,370
  • Dark Vestige v1.02.w3x
    5.9 MB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Level 6
Guess that's my final entry, really hope you like it. I didn't change much the last few days. Still, I ignored and probably missed many important things. Ah well there's nothing to gain anyway! Mmm.. maybe I should drop out.. there's still some time left...

Wisp Tale:
Preserve
A Minigame created for any number of players.
  • Short, precise tutorial
  • Pick a difficulty level
  • Difficulty increases over time
As a fast wisp your job is to defend your ancient host against hordes of undead. In addition to collecting power-ups and gathering tree essence to renew the ancient your primary task is blowing up! Wisps will be respawned immediately after detonation in order to teach all the bad skeletons and ghosts trying to hurt nature the meaning of fear!
  • 9 different undead creatures
  • 9 difficulties to choose from
  • 4 different power-ups
  • 3 ancients to defend
This is the first map created by myself that I show more than two people, the first map I release to the public. I still have plenty of ideas for it, quite a few things to add, but that will have to wait until after the contest. The game was never tested in multiplayer mode by myself and I did not get a lot of comments on it from people who did, so I probably need to be very open for feedback there.
  • 2243 Doodads
  • 554 Trees/Destructibles
  • >120 edited objects, interface constants, skills, ...
  • a few leaks too, for sure
Download: View attachment WTP11oct11.w3x 116KB

Screenshots are 5 days old, still pretty much up to date.

Attachments

• WTPoverview.PNG
    WTPoverview.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 211
  • WTPbeautySmall.PNG
    WTPbeautySmall.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
  • WTPgameplaySmall.PNG
    WTPgameplaySmall.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
  • WTPobjectiveSmall.PNG
    WTPobjectiveSmall.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Level 6
Oh really? Can over20 players join? ;]
Just kiddin' )

Tell Blizzard.. My map'll support them! :p

Actually, err.. I think I should use the colors I used for my map presentation in the map too. That'll be after the contest though, I'm much too lazy right now.

Level 6
I do not care nor have the time, really. I started creating the map because I expected the contest (and map creation) to end a week ago. There's a thousand "small things". And if I end up with a negative score, so what?! :p

Level 30
That attitude is not going to get you the winning place.
Extensions are there for a reason. If they weren't made, I would have to judge few maps with low quality. Now I have plenty of fun maps to review. Please use the remaining one day, I think, as wise as possible. Why have you originally entered the contest if you don't care for the prize?

Oh, and Kael, has baassee passed your judging test?

Level 25
You should run through your map once again, until the deadline rushes in. Small things can take away large portions of your score.
Yep, that's very good advice for all of us. I almost always find minor errors when I go back to test my map after making changes (or things I didn't catch from before), and I found plenty within the last couple hours.

I updated my entry post with v1.01. This is most likely my final version unless I find anything major that needs to be fixed.

(terrain pathing checks around the map and GUI code are the real pains in this world)
Sorry for adding to your pain if you do become a judge :xxd: I never took the time to really get into coding.

Level 22
Sorry for adding to your pain if you do become a judge :xxd: I never took the time to really get into coding.

Enjoy that the coding score isnt the main part of this contest :)

EDIT:

Oh, wait. Pathing checks? Are you serious? You will check every single destruc... Oh damn. You really get into those little minor aesthetics? Damn, I got to say I admire you. Going in for such small details...

I didn't say every single dest, but probably every single corner in this map kael gave me...

Level 6
You know Apheraz, hehe, I'm not going to win the contest anyway. Tickles probably will, with Kino scoring 2nd (yes I can tell from just his terrain, it looks very different to anything I've seen with those circles) and someone else grabbing #3. I did not enter the contest to win a price - I honestly do not care about an entry on whatever "award icon" that is. I entered the contest for fun and a tiny bit of publicity for my map. And because I knew you would be super-sad if I wasn't there! If you want to review a better version of my map I'll PM you in 21 days, is that okay? :)

Level 30
@Skasi,
you would make my days if you just send me additional maps over time. I am always ready for giving reviews, free of charge, unless I am in hospital with my bf.

@bowser499,
Don't say it! Wait... I'm getting it... Sights beyond sights... Oh, I see it!
Assassinating Quad, Assassinating Warcry, Assassinating Empathy & Assassinating Rage.

^_^

Level 25
I started getting obsessive compulsive after I found a leak in my map, so I did end up uploading a new version along with some other fixes. 1.02 is my final entry, especially since Tickles needs his sleep. I think there's just under 13 hours left, so good luck everybody!

Enjoy that the coding score isnt the main part of this contest :)
Amen to that.

@bowser499,
Don't say it! Wait... I'm getting it... Sights beyond sights... Oh, I see it!
Assassinating Quad, Assassinating Warcry, Assassinating Empathy & Assassinating Rage.

^_^

That totally sounds like one of bowser's awesome skill sets :ogre_hurrhurr:

bowser499 presents
MiniOaD: The Survival
In the memory of [TGM]DemoN
106869d1317745450-mini-game-mapping-contest-5-moadmm.jpg

A dark and terrifying force has magically sealed eight heroes in the walls under the Temple of Balance. Only brave hearts and teamwork will help them to fight for their own lives and beat the former Balance Dominator.

1.0 version requires:

- 3 game modes (-new, -med, -pro) that can make game more interesting;
- Smart creeps with AI;
- Three unique bosses;
- Eight heroes, each hero has his specific role;
- Unexpected endings of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------

MiniOaD v0.01:
The first playable version.

MiniOaD v0.02:

- Human player can now control creeps and the game will automatically detect is AI needed or not.
- New hero added: Chaotic Mage
  • icons_11261_btn.jpg
    Chaos Qualify. Summons 1/2/3 orbs spinning around Chaotic Mage. When Chaos Tremble will be casted, all the orbs hero have will fly to nearby enemies and deal 140/180/220 damage per orb to them. Max of 3 orbs. Cooldown: 20/18/16 seconds.
    • icons_7577_btn.jpg
      Chaos Tremble. Releases the power of orbs summoned by the Chaos Qualify. Cooldown: 0 seconds.
  • icons_7590_btn.jpg
    Chaos Warp. Chaotic Mage changes his position to the position of nearby hero, dealing 120/140/160 damage to all the enemies in area 300 from the cast point. Cooldown: 14/12/10 seconds.
  • icons_12615_btn.jpg
    Chaos Empower. Charges the Chaotic Mage with power, that will burst immediately, dealing 130/145/160 damage to the enemies in radius 350/400/450. If hero have orbs summoned, they will grant bonus damage (+70 damage per orb). Cooldown: 18/16/14 seconds.
  • icons_6031_btn.jpg
    Chaos Rampage. Chaotic Mage frees all his powers to heavily damage all nearby non-boss enemy units, dealing 220/330/440 damage. Cooldown: 25/20/15 seconds.

MiniOaD v0.03:

- Chaos Qualify (Chaotic mage 1st skill) now works correctly.
- Now you can see the icon of picked hero in the multiboard.
- New hero added: Sacred Priest

• icons_3269_btn.jpg
    Sacred Quest. Summons a holy angel that will heal all the units inside the area near him. The angel will heal all the allies for 130/160/190 HP and deal damage separated by the enemies. Maximal damage is equal to the amount of total heal of all allied heroes in range. Cooldown: 14 seconds.
  • icons_6429_btn.jpg
    Sacred Whispers. Whispers a word that will heal selected target for 210/250/290 HP. If there are nearby heroes from the target they will receive half or the heal. Cooldown: 22/20/18 seconds.
  • icons_13727_btn.jpg
    Sacred Enchant. Eleonora presents the targeted unit to the God himself. If the target is an ally, it will receive 135/150/165 HP. If the target is an enemy, it will be damaged for the half of the heal amount. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
  • attachment.php
    Sacred Refresh. Eleonora combines her powers and summons a holy rain that heals 40/60/80 HP per second. Rain duration - 5 seconds. Cooldown: 25 seconds.
- Icons for the Chaotic Mage and Sacred Priest added.
attachment.php
icons_3028_btn.jpg

MiniOaD v0.04b:
- Deduct your way out to killing waves much more.
- New hero added: Valkyrie
  • icons_8385_btn.jpg
    Warfare Query. Summons 6/8/10 sharp blades spinning around the Valkyrie. When the blade collapses with an enemy, it will deal 60/90/120 damage. Duration: 12 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
  • icons_9204_btn.jpg
    Warfare Whip. Valkyrie deals deep slice into enemy's body and does very powerful strike, dealing 125/150/175 damage to the unit. The earth will tremble, dealing 80 damage to nearby enemies. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
  • attachment.php
    Warfare Evaporation. Valkyrie uses her mastery to evade every 5th/4th/3rd attack and deal to the attacker half of damage dealt.
  • icons_11049_btn.jpg
    Warfare Rage. Valkyrie strikes to the targeted point, dealing 210/250/290 damage to every enemy she meets. Cooldown: 22 seconds.
- Valkyrie Icon:
icons_11733_btn.jpg

MiniOaD v0.05:

Changelog Coming Soon. Be patient.

Attachments

• MiniOaDv0.05.w3x
    912.4 KB · Views: 232
  • moad1[1].jpg
    moad1[1].jpg
    147 KB · Views: 472
  • moad2[1].JPG
    moad2[1].JPG