• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Escape 3.3.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is originally made by Ikx_1!!
Im a friend of Ikx_1 and he gave me rights to upload and update this map.
Here's the proof that Ikx_1 gave me the rights: The Proof
Ikx_1 asked me to ask from admin could the old version of Zombie Escape be deleted.

---
Idea:
The idea of the map is to survive a time that is chooseable at start, the zombies tries to found and kill all the escapers to grow their zombie army. When a Escaper is killed, it will transfer into a zombie.

Escapers:
- Avoid Zombies
- Build structures
- If you die, you will be transferred into a Zombie

Zombies:
- Kill all Villagers
- Big Zombie can use spells
- Computer available for Zombie
- If Big Zombie leaves without any kills, the Escapers will won!

-----

Villagers (escapers) can build some structures:
- Wall (0 orbs)
- Guard Tower level 1 (1 orb)
xx Guard Tower level 2 (1 orb)
xxx Guard Tower level 3 (2 orbs)
- Zombie Detector (12 orbs)
- Shop (2 orbs)

Big Zombie can be controlled by computer or a player.
Big Zombie is more powerful than normal zombie, it has spells and gains XP from kills.

------

This map has 3 areas:
Area 1 : Woods (old)
Area 2 : Woods (new)
Area 3 : Swamp

-------
Updates said:
- Big Zombie : Zombie Respawn spell is not working = Fixed

- Big Zombie : Zombie Respawn spell is not working = Detected
- The game ending didn't give defeat or victory sometimes = Fixed
- Less cooldown for BigZombies StromBolt, now 250sec
- Faerie Fire ToolTip fixed

- Zombie's hp has been raised from 240 to 260
- Zombie's attack damage increased from 12 to 20
- Fist bashes now for 8 seconds from 10 seconds
- Start Cinematic edit
- Big Zombie's Strom Bolt cooldown reduced to 250sec from 300sec
- Guard Tower level 3 attack damage reduced from 21 to 18

3.2.9:
- The Map doesn't leak anymore
- Fixed Starting Cinematic Location

-------

zombieescape328pic1.jpg

zombieescape328pic5.jpg

zombieescape328pic4.jpg

zombieescape328pic3.jpg

zombieescape328pic2.jpg

wc3scrnshot071710233551.jpg

More screenshots later...

This map doesn't leak anymore. :)
:razz:

If you can't download the map from here, download it from here:
Ikx_1's Website

I'll write more info later... :con:

Keywords:
Ikx_1 zombie big escape survival villager orb gold structure time cinematic area forest swamp orb gold tower ikx
Contents

Zombie Escape 3.3.2 (Map)

Reviews
01:43, 18th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
My Ratings Value:
5/5 for Perfect
4/5 for Really Good
3/5 for Good
2/5 for Fair
1/5 for Bad
0/5 for Horrible
For Overall Rating:
15 - 20 for Perfect
10 - 15 for Really Good
05 - 10 for Bad
00 - 05 for Horrble
Combat:3/5
Sounds/effects/skills:3/5
Terrain:4/5,
Gameplay/Fun factor 4/5
Overall:14/20

Level 3
Ikx_1 gave rights to me.

Improve description; use these BB Codes to make it look better. Now you say this is your friends map and he gave you permission to upload it, well you need to show us some proof or everyone else can say the same and can lead to something rather chaotic.

Show us a screenshot of him saying that he has approved to let you post it here.

If you can link the quote then it will be sufficient as well.

Hopefully this is enough, because this is all that I can show anymore...
By now, Ikx_1 wanted to remove the forum topic that contained the chat, so...
:mwahaha:

Attachments

• Chat.png
    Chat.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 216
Level 1
Idea:
The idea of the map is to survive a time that is chooseable at start, the zombies tries to found and kill all the escapers to grow their zombie army. When a Escaper is killed, it will transfer into a zombie.

~ So...original...so...pure! *Tears* ...

* On a serious note, if that's all you can come up with when it comes to trying to make your map more appealing to the average member to download, then I have to say I'm not that impressed... Though the Description was improved (as suggested by -light_bolt30- ) I still don't see why I should download your map. Looks plain, dull, nothing I've never seen before...and this without the aid of Screen-shots! ... I'll consider downloading and testing this map after you update it.

Edit : I'll do a short review due to the fact that this map doesn't deserve your attention or mine. Things that I'd like to point out :

- Opening : Cinematic is delayed 5 to 10 seconds.
- Cinematic : Bad voice acting, no story to follow, poor camera angle.
- Game-play : Uncreative, dull and repetitive.
- Skills : Basic "Run" (increases movement speed for a very short amount of time) , "Punch" (stuns an opponent for 10 seconds) and "Heal" abilities, nothing special.
- Buildings / Structures : Some have no purpose and their descriptions are pathetic.
- AI : Is a serious joke - The "Big Zombie" stops in the right corner of the map after 5 minutes of walking aimlessly through the map at random locations.
- Terrain : Absolute failure! - there are slopes, high spots, edges, etc. , but all "four" regions seem to be copy-pasted with small exceptions, where you've got less trees or doodads over-all.
- Sound : The addition of certain -taunts- from "ghoulish" characters at random moments in the game would be a nice touch...if they wouldn't repeat themselves after every freaking second! - But the most utterly annoying sound : Your character (villager model) does this "custom" taunt, a ... moan ?...I don't even know how to describe it, but the fact it tends to repeat itself every time you order your unit to move brings punishment to the over-all poor-quality of the map.

~ With these things said and no further things to add, I see NO point in approving this map.

- Rating : 1/5 (One point for effort)
- Voting for : Rejection!

Last edited:
Level 28
If others approve your text, I will do some changes, but if not, youre bad criticiser, coz you're so angry ^^ :wink:
I can explain that: he's not angry.
He is sad.

Some people don't understand it, but me and apparantly some others (such as kl3sk) get sad when they see a bad map.
For me it resembles an actual kind of sadness.

This sadness can quickly turn into frustration because of the huge amount of maps that keep appearing like this.
This frustration often translates in anger to those who do not know better, so it LOOKS as if he's angry, but he actually is sad.

kl3sk is one of the 'better' reviewers on the site (if he becomes active again and spends enough time reviewing a map at least). This is just a... mehh kind of post, but I am quite sure that it IS honest and true.

Edit: I marked his post as a review, so now it's official.

Level 28
Let me be brutally honest with you: start a new map and delete this one.
Fixing this map is not enough, you need to remake it from scratch, it will be faster and better that way.

Remember what I told you in the previous post: make clear categories for the objects, use environmental doodads, don't use blizzard cliffs for walls, combine triggers etc.

Extremely helpful tip:
Every time you start a new map, not just now but ALWAYS, select "Initial water level: shallow water".
It will let you be able to create actual rivers with the lower/raise tool (do not use blizzard cliffs).

Required:
  • Proper crediting.
  • A good description.
  • Fix memory leaks! (Triggers, search a tutorial for them).

Important stuff:
  • Good, uniform tooltips (meaning all tooltips have the same lay-out.
  • Interesting, original heroes.
  • A good terrain (again: look at my previous post + use the "Apply height" tools a lot!).
  • Pay attention to details! A minor mistake is a great annoyance for me.
  • Triggers! Pay attention to them.
  • Proper English: nobody likes to play a map with half-assed and/or 'gangsta' English.

Probably a lot more, but if you could do just this, MAYBE your new map could get a 2/5.
It will take a very long time though... if you're ready next month, it will probably not be approvable material.