• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Escape 3.0.8

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ralle, i don't anymore write the description coz it dissappear itself.

Keywords:
Ikx_1 Zombie Escape 2 Maps Custom Villager Escaper Orb
Contents

Zombie Escape 3.0.8 (Map)

Reviews
22:17, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
Hi, I have played it in Bnet. I like zombie map but it is exception. Players are leaving and say: This map is sux! Only movie at start is ok. Why any skill doesn't have any description and names? Why i can build only 1 wall? and humans dont have any chances to win becouse cant attack and zombies use web. I can do nothing with my survivol. I am not rate this becouse i hope you fix that map. [1.5/5]

Edit: I think you should change map name becouse i know other maps with than name. People when see "ESCAPE" think its escape map like "Polar Escape" or "Escape Gay Space ;D"

Edit: I have played on ebnet and this map is much better. We play only 3 players. I was zombie and I think its too easy to kill human, maybe they were retards. It smells like fun ;) (I have to shitty net to host if it have 2.45mb) Maybe u need to reduce map size -.<
(4)

Last edited:
Level 6
Positiv:
- Great starting cutscene
- Good idea
- Good terrain

Negativ:

- All? No; map could be good but you have much to work on it
- Houses as barricades! Use f.ex. the standard warcraft III barricades or walls as barricades
- Game is very unfair! Web spell is to powerful- Maybe zombie can use it only 1 time!
- Maybe more types zombies
- Terrain is ok but it should be improved(f. ex. canyons)
- More survivor skills
- Different survivor models?

I´ll test it still on b.net. ....

Ok i test it on b .net.

Many people told me that:
- Map needs more buildings
- Web is very unfair
- Survivor can´t defend theirselves

EDIT1:
This could help you: Demon Tag 0.1 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

A map with the same idea

EDIT2:
I tested the latest version(1.4e)- you have greatly improved it!
Map is now much better!

I found some important things you have to change!!!
- If player red mistypes in his inventory he can to fast kick people-> use trigger f. ex. like that:
-kick blue
-kick teal
- Player red can also kick the player who controlls the zombie team!!!
Than the game makes no sense anymore
- Maybe you could add more zombie skills
- Ending cutsence isn´t so good- What happened with the zombies?

I can see only i guy who fight with the air if humans win
- If you host this game or play- Human team has the same dark green coulor as the zombie team- Human team should have another coulor

EDIT3:
I found a very unfair bug!
If the survivor use this they will always win!->
If survivor use mirror image spell they can reach positions where the zombies can´t get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Delete the spell!!!
- Also many people told me that the game is to hard for the zombies
- And it´s to boring to hide-> Maybe you add neutral or ai conrolled zombies?
- And if zombie player leaves the games the game makes no sense to play further. So it would be better if zombies will be AI controlled

Screenshoot(They will never hit me ;):

EDIT4:
- Many people leave if they are turned into zombies :(
So it´s very difficult for zombie player to win the game
- The laoding screen isn´t good many people leave if they see it

EDIT5:
I played your latest version(1.7f) and found some bugs:
- I find only in 1 description a grammatical mistake "buildning" is wrong-> right name is "building"(Look at the picture)
- Also the Ai is bugged-> If you start the game the zombie bot follows someone; this is good-> but if it killed his victim it didn´t hunt the other remaining players!!! The new zombie did do this too!!!
- Also many people said during game that 1 building(Wall) is very boring-> Add more defensive structures
I see that you work very hard at the map :thumbs_up:

EDIT6:

Good thing that the survivor can build more structures!
But you should work more at the balance of the game
I think that the wall Hp is a little to minor.
- Pls add an other kick system!
It´s much better if you tip in a message like:
-kick colour
(F.ex.) -kick blue
A kick system, in an inventory is very stupid because you waste the inventory space!!! If you do this you could also add a new ability!

I also found a very critical bug, hope you can fix it:
Look at Attachment(Picture 2). There you see the wininning screen for the zombies- ok. But I hope you can also see in the right top corner the remaining time. Maybe all the survivor died- you maybe mean but this is not right!!!
Now the bug:
I was the last survivor and used the mirror image spell and at once the zombies won the game!!! I mean if you use this spell, if you are the last survivor, you will be for lesser then 1 second not player red(survivor). Maybe the player is in this 1 second marked as neutral-> The game notice now in this 1 second that there is no survivor and say: ok all survivor are dead zombies win.
- I also mean that the mana regeneration of the survivor is a little bit to minor.
Hope you can fix all bugs!
You can also check out my zombie map: Village Survival (Final 21 Update) - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
But don´t add a buildings in which the survivor you can research units-> game will lagg extremely and it´s hard to balance:wink:

EDIT7:
Map makes always fun but i found some bugs in the version 2.0.5:

1. Picture: You have an Icon with Creator: in the inventory of the escaper but the name of you is missing there-> Right Creator: Ikx_1
2. The "S" of the ability Fists isn´t working if you press it on your keyboard
3. Mana potion wrong description+ can´t buy

EDIT8:
Map makes always fun but I found some bugs in the version 2.2.8:

1.(picture) Loading screen: The word abilites is written wrong! Right name: abilities The letter "i" is missing.
2.(picture) Wrong version name in the cinematic! Here 2.2.7 but map has version 2.2.8
3.(picture) The same grammar mistake like in point 1. The word abilites is written wrong! Right name: abilities The letter "i" is missing.

EDIT9:
Map makes always fun but I found some bugs in the version 3.0.1:

1. Hello! Map size is now more than 4.5 Mb!!! If you host the map it takes hours to play a round-> I don´t know what you added to increase the map size so much. But plz it have to be lesser than 4.0 Mb> 3.00 Mb
2. 1 picture: Mh the clock is new or? You have to fix the text! It´s just the old standard one.
3. 2 picture: Like the one in the first picture You have to fix the text! It´s just the old standard one.

EDIT10:
You wrote(Bugs):
Escape with your villager from zombies!
If you die in a villager, you will be changed into zombie
If you die in a zombie, you will be a scout.
Game Version 3.1.5- Video sequence

1.Picture: disappeares...
2.Picture: ...Button FOR NICE CINEMATIC.
3.Picture: -TO find...

Right:
Escape with your villager off zombies!
If you die as a village, you'll be changed into zombie
If you die as a zombie, you'll be a scout.
Game Version 3.1.6- Video sequence

1.Picture: disappears...
2.Picture: ...Button! WATCH THE NICE CINEMATIC!
3.Picture: - To find...

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_091909_164944_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_091909_164944_03.jpg
    960.4 KB · Views: 524
  • WC3ScrnShot_091909_164652_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_091909_164652_02.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 221
  • WC3ScrnShot_091909_164629_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_091909_164629_01.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Level 7
Positiv:
- Great starting cutscene
- Good idea
- Good terrain

Negativ:

- All? No; map could be good but you have much to work on it
- Houses as barricades! Use f.ex. the standard warcraft III barricades or walls as barricades
- Game is very unfair! Web spell is to powerful- Maybe zombie can use it only 1 time!
- Maybe more types zombies
- Terrain is ok but it should be improved(f. ex. canyons)
- More survivor skills
- Different survivor models?

I´ll test it still on b.net. ....

Ok i test it on b .net.

Many people told me that:
- Map needs more buildings
- Web is very unfair
- Survivor can´t defend theirselves

EDIT1:
This could help you: Demon Tag 0.1 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

A map with the same idea

EDIT2:
I tested the latest version(1.4e)- you have greatly improved it!
Map is now much better!

I found some important things you have to change!!!
- If player red mistypes in his inventory he can to fast kick people-> use trigger f. ex. like that:
-kick blue
-kick teal
- Player red can also kick the player who controlls the zombie team!!!
Than the game makes no sense anymore
- Maybe you could add more zombie skills
- Ending cutsence isn´t so good- What happened with the zombies?

I can see only i guy who fight with the air if humans win
- If you host this game or play- Human team has the same dark green coulor as the zombie team- Human team should have another coulor

EDIT3:
I found a very unfair bug!
If the survivor use this they will always win!->
If survivor use mirror image spell they can reach positions where the zombies can´t get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Delete the spell!!!
- Also many people told me that the game is to hard for the zombies
- And it´s to boring to hide-> Maybe you add neutral or ai conrolled zombies?
- And if zombie player leaves the games the game makes no sense to play further. So it would be better if zombies will be AI controlled

Screenshoot(They will never hit me ;):

Thanks very much for commenting my map, and now i know how to fix that Mirror Image spell bug: I just added a lot of painting blockers to map! (version: 1.6) Now im sure no one can do that bug! :mwahaha: Maybe i should do the cpu zombies back, because if the zombie leaves, the game will end immediately, and that's the bad thing. Hmm, let's see what i try next time. Oh, i almost forgot, thanks for writing me! Please continue :grin:

Level 7
The Bug

EDIT6:

Good thing that the survivor can build more structures!
But you should work more at the balance of the game
I think that the wall Hp is a little to minor.
- Pls add an other kick system!
It´s much better if you tip in a message like:
-kick colour
(F.ex.) -kick blue
A kick system, in an inventory is very stupid because you waste the inventory space!!! If you do this you could also add a new ability!

I also found a very critical bug, hope you can fix it:
Look at Attachment(Picture 2). There you see the wininning screen for the zombies- ok. But I hope you can also see in the right top corner the remaining time. Maybe all the survivor died- you maybe mean but this is not right!!!
Now the bug:
I was the last survivor and used the mirror image spell and at once the zombies won the game!!! I mean if you use this spell, if you are the last survivor, you will be for lesser then 1 second not player red(survivor). Maybe the player is in this 1 second marked as neutral-> The game notice now in this 1 second that there is no survivor and say: ok all survivor are dead zombies win.
- I also mean that the mana regeneration of the survivor is a little bit to minor.
Hope you can fix all bugs!
You can also check out my zombie map: Village Survival (Final 21 Update) - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
But don´t add a buildings in which the survivor you can research units-> game will lagg extremely and it´s hard to balance:wink:

1. Thanks for message! I know the Mirror Image bug too, but i don't know how to fix that... I mean the game caculates number of escapers and if you do the Mirror image at the same time you won, how i can do fix that bug?? Thanks for commenting my map! :) :thumbs_up:

2. The kick system you asked is not possible, because the event on trigger is not possible to set:
Player - Host types a chat message containing -kick blue as An exact match
It must be:
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -kick blue as An exact match
I mean you can't choose Host to the event...

3. I add mana regeneration from 0.30 to 0.50 per second.

4. The Timer will be hided when game ends..

Level 17
Please, do not be offended from my review.

Presentation: 3/5
It contained an area to find gameplay help, but it could have been worded better. The tooltips worked as described, and the intro cinematic was a nice change.

Terrain: 2.5/5
The terrain was average. There was a bit of tile variation, but not very many doodads. You might want to consider improving the terrain.

Sound: 4/5
The character I played had a fitting sound set, no complaint there. You probably could have utilized a few more in-game sound effects, though. To get a perfect 5 in this category, I recommend importing scary music.

Gameplay: 3/5

With only 3 buildings, and a few abilities, gameplay was rather dull. I recommend having a few more buildings (5 in total, perhaps), and raising the limit on the number of walls. As a zombie, it seemed all I could do was wander the map, consider have an ability to ping the location of the other players. With the ability to heal, sprint, and stun, gameplay wasn't all that bad.
Lasting Appeal: 1.5/5

I honestly can't see myself playing this map ever again. I can see other player's wanting to try playing as a zombie, but besides that, not much replayability.

Overall: 2.8
My Recommended Approval Requirement: 2.6
Result: Pass

Level 11
Positive:
-Starting cinematic is nice
-Terrain is decent

Negative:
-When you give an order to the human, it plays a sound that can be heard by anyone near you, with a lot of ppl together, that can get really annoying.
-Some of the skill hotkeys conflit with Wc3 hotkeys (far sight hotkey is A, same as Attack, fist hotkey is S, same as Stop)
-The black mask (or whatever you want to call it): only the area around you is visible, this can get confusing as a zombie when you're looking for humans since you might not remember if you already went that way or not.
-Not enough buildings: i'm not a fan of maps with huge amounts of buildings since that can get confusing, but 3 is just not enough.
-Barricades are too weak and can't hold against the main zombie for more than 3 sec.
-Also, web is a bit too powerful, maybe adding a mana cost so it can't be spammed would make it more balanced.

This map has a lot of room for improvement, but imo it is not good enough to be approved yet.

Level 17
:fp:
Dont ask for rep.

Anyway, the map is fine and i like it. 3/5 :]

Edit:
Waiting for Host... I really hate that message, here is my reasons:
Player 1 is not always host.
Host sometimes chooses his favorite player colour.
Blizzard uses the message "Waiting for Player 1/Red".

Edit2: The Villagers start to run around like freaks becouse they block each other in the starting cinematic.
The dialogue doesnt seem right, if you saw a zomie in real would you say "It's a zombie!" or "Whaaaa!... Zo...zoo...zombie!!!!" And some small things like that.

Level 10
I hate to be an ass but the cutscene was not that great. The good points, interesting abilities and I like the teleportation methods. however, I dont like the terrain, its to cluttered and the actual gameplay is ok but the building system is kinda boring, gaurd tower is really shitty and walls dont block too well. A good point is definitely the abilities, they are useful and realistic in this map. id say a 2/5 final grade, recommended status: approve.

Level 7
EDIT9:
Map makes always fun but I found some bugs in the version 3.0.1:

1. Hello! Map size is now more than 4.5 Mb!!! If you host the map it takes hours to play a round-> I don´t know what you added to increase the map size so much. But plz it have to be lesser than 4.0 Mb> 3.00 Mb
2. 1 picture: Mh the clock is new or? You have to fix the text! It´s just the old standard one.
3. 2 picture: Like the one in the first picture You have to fix the text! It´s just the old standard one.

Thanks alot again, i nocticed that my map is really 4,5MB, so it's unable to host at B.net, i checked the Imported files, and one of them was 13 sec long wav file with 1,3MB size... I reduced their size and now the map is possible to host again at B.net = ) Thanks for giving me a warning. :grin:

Level 1
Mirror image ?

Its unfair to zombies - that survivor got mirror image, when zombies does web, you just mirror image , and the effect of web disappears. Is this fair or unfair ?
4.5/5 map. + When all survivors makes towers to same place - zombies die easily. Shuld be there some balancing ?

Level 6
3.2.3 is the latest official version of the map.
It can be found on [B]http://www.epicwar.com/maps/113146/[/B]

The problem of the non-updating on hiveworkshop of the author Ikx_1 is that he has been banned of this site bcz he created 3 accounts with his ip :( That was not correct but he didn't done it deliberately! He did it to show his friends this website bcz they don't know how to login and so on... That's very sad bcz he released till now some more now greater maps he can't publish on this website.

Update:
You can download the latest Ikx_1's maps from here: [B]www.IkxGamePlayer.webs.com/[/B]

Last edited: