• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zergling model! >:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I disprove of the model they used for the zergling in sc2. They make them like fel hounds, With 4 legs, and spear type weapons protruding from their neck area.

Where I have found, and proven that the original zergling, in cinematic AND in game, that the zergling has two back legs and two scythes for front legs. He would use the scythes to move like a... panther kinda, jaguar if you must. They would go under his body, between his back legs, and his back legs would move forward to push more. As well as their attack animation shows the scythes come up half way for 1 animation, the second had the scythe near top, third was at top, then the next animation had it half down, and the last was back in it's spot.

Oh, and the two nubbie things on the neck were just vestigial arms or some sort that just stand there. =o

Level 13
Will, why would they need/do that ? The zergling looks great, why are you all complaining about it. Personaly i like the insectoid kind of look the zergling has.

Ill end my post with this : Lingz with Wingz !

Level 13

It looks exactly the same but have wings...why is that so different?

I agree, why are you people b*tching at something that looks almost completely the same. I mean, i thought you would be happy blizzard is trying to spice up SC2. Would you rather have the original SC exactly untouched but in 3d ? thats the impression you are giving me and i am quite fed up with it !

Level 3
It's almost exactly the same...
I seen concept art for the new Zergling and concept art for the old that was seemingly done by the same guy...

The two looked almost identicle but the ling now had wings...that's it...wasp wings growing out from under the back plates...no alterations besides the wings.

ALL IT HAS IS WINGS!

*Breaths calmly*

I agree, why are you people b*tching at something that looks almost completely the same. I mean, i thought you would be happy blizzard is trying to spice up SC2. Would you rather have the original SC exactly untouched but in 3d ? thats the impression you are giving me and i am quite fed up with it !

No one is bitching.

Level 13
I disprove of the model they used for the zergling in sc2. They make them like fel hounds, With 4 legs, and spear type weapons protruding from their neck area.

Where I have found, and proven that the original zergling, in cinematic AND in game, that the zergling has two back legs and two scythes for front legs. He would use the scythes to move like a... panther kinda, jaguar if you must. They would go under his body, between his back legs, and his back legs would move forward to push more. As well as their attack animation shows the scythes come up half way for 1 animation, the second had the scythe near top, third was at top, then the next animation had it half down, and the last was back in it's spot.

Oh, and the two nubbie things on the neck were just vestigial arms or some sort that just stand there. =o

I would consider that b*tching about the new model.

Level 6
I think it messes with my head... My image of the zerglings were not that they were insects. I don't know what they were but not insects. Cool, scary monsters perhaps... But not my average mosquito flying in and out all days long :p They lost their scary, monsterish look with the growing of those wings xD

Level 24
It's said on wikipedia that the zerg are rather insectiod, and their in-universe base species is supposed to be the dune runners of Zzg'ash or something. Looks like the bugs win... honestly, I like it. It makes saying "zerglings!!!1 <3" sound even creepier.

Level 8
Well people the Zerg are a constantly evolving bioform... they may have altered the Zergling genetics to adapt for anti-terran/protoss warfare or something?

Level 7
I actually quite prefer the new and improved look given to the new Zerglings. It's a new game, and times change. A change of models should be expected, what with all the new up-to-date 3D engines and technology.

Level 13
Red, play the end game cinematics, one of them shows a bunch of space marines/ SC marines fighting the zerg then the fel orks come and kill everything, then some sheep come and kill THEM. Rofl. So no, its not just the editor. Also, in a few places a hydralisk can pop up in the RoC night elf campaing to serve you and in one of the final undead missions in TFT you may be able to see some zerg in the backround fighting the undead, said zerg dissapear when the game starts, Or so ive heard.

Level 2
pain to find that hydra in the RoC NE campaign. But its weird i thought the zerg were like the aliens from the all the aliens movies (just not like that.) but hey i got nothing towards the ling. hell maybe they can use their wings to fly or at least fly-jump.

Level 13
Btw: Lings now have a "fly" ability that works like the wardens blink (except the ling actualy flies across).

You guys didnt know that ? i remember the devs revealing it in some screen shot or something.

Edit: So now they can fly to the back of your base, turn into banelings and kamikaze your economy straight to hell ! makes zergling rushing a much better tactic now IMO.

Level 26
Btw: Lings now have a "fly" ability that works like the wardens blink (except the ling actualy flies across).

You guys didnt know that ? i remember the devs revealing it in some screen shot or something.

Edit: So now they can fly to the back of your base, turn into banelings and kamikaze your economy straight to hell ! makes zergling rushing a much better tactic now IMO.
Protoss stalkers have the warden's blink ability, terran reapers have their jump packs, and now lings can fly? Terrain is nothing, is it? Even the colossus can walk over ledges.

Status
Not open for further replies.