1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zephyr Contest #12 ~ Combo ~ The Poll

Discussion in 'Poll Depository' started by Quilnez, Apr 1, 2015.

?

Which is the best for you?

Poll closed May 1, 2015.
  1. Tank-Commander - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2644445-post94.html[/url]

30.8%
  2. Almia - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2647999-post106.html[/url]

15.4%
  3. bowser499 - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2664942-post146.html[/url]

53.8%
  1. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Poll
    [​IMG]

Username[titletd]Entry Name[titletd]WIPs[titletd]Final Post
    [tr][td]Tank-Commander[td]Divine Envoy Spellset[td]1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [td]LINK
    [tr][td]Almia[td]Pain Combo Spellpack[td]idea 1 2 3 4[td]LINK
    [tr][td]bowser499[td]The Dark Mage[td][URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2660474-post132.html"]1[/URL] [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2661700-post137.html"]2[/URL][td][URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2664942-post146.html"]LINK[/URL][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/titletd][/titletd][/titletd]
    [tr][titletd][titletd][titletd][titletd][tr][td][td][td][td][tr][td][td][td][td][tr][td][td][td][td][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/titletd][/titletd][/titletd][/titletd][/tr]
    [tr][titletd][titletd][titletd][titletd][tr][td][td][td][td][tr][td][td][td][td][tr][td][td][td][td]

[B]Notes:[/B]
    [list]Loner-Magixxar's [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2665416-post148.html"]entry[/URL] has been disqualified for not having any WIP in the contest thread. It's been said that at least one WIP post is required:
    [QUOTE]Any submission must follow a Work In Progress (WiP), before it is published and labelled as the final piece.[/QUOTE]
    If you have complains regarding to this action, please send a [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=235220"]PM[/URL] to me.
    [*]We are still waiting for one or some people to judge this contest.
    [*]The poll will lasts for 30 days.
    [/list]

:fp:[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/zephyr-contest-12-combo-258382/"]Contest Thread[/URL][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/td][/td][/td][/td][/tr][/titletd][/titletd][/titletd][/titletd][/tr]​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Gl to you guys. Hope I will be able to make a dicission! Will have a look on the entries soon. :)

And...
    edo494 will be the judge for this contest. Wish him good luck, too. :csmile:

3. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good luck guys

4. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Can you quote his post or something where he said he want to judge?

5. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It was discussed privatly.

6. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good luck everyone

7. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    only 3 polled spell packs, but there are 4 maps inside the zip(The one not in poll is Elementos - Dark Elements Pack.w3x).

8. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's Loner-Magixxar's spellpack - the one that the OP says is disqualified

9. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Jesus fucking Christ. I go on a three day break and people start acting out like they ate a fist of fly agaric and replaced their skin with sheer fabric. Get a fucking grip, damn it!

Thread closed temporarily so I can sort this out when I get back.

Oh yeah, also heads will roll. I am not even kidding.

Kisses.

10. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay. Shit flushed and archived. Some neg rep may still be thrown out in the coming days after I take a good time reading through it all. But overall it's a dead deal, and I don't feel like beating a dead horse. If I put all split posts on a cleverly designed pair of scales weighing stupidity and overreaction on equal footing I think it would come out pretty much even anyways. Also, stop posting fucking popcorn posts whenever there's drama. It's not clever, it's not witty, it's been done a fucking thousand times and it floods the thread like a wildfire. I DO NOT APPRECIATE GOING THROUGH THAT SHIT WHEN PASSING JUDGEMENT UPON OTHERS.

peece owt and prosper.

Carry on.

11. ivanbakavan

ivanbakavan

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    If choosing between Tank and bowser, Tank has good eyecandy on his spells, but his coding is quite complicated to understand, lots of configurables is good but many function calls aren't very good solution (most of them can be defined by global variables which will be better). Bowser has average effect minimalistic style of spell decoration, but his mechanics and code seem to be understood better.

12. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Making them udg_ variables (appearing in the vairable editor) would be worse and using a globals block isn't an option when using pure JASS - I'm using constant functions because they're literally the best option pure JASS has for the job (Though I'm aware they make the code get pretty large, hence why I wrote my readme as I did)

13. bowser499

bowser499

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Tank, actually globals block could make all that code tons readable. Though, it's HELLot of code you have there. It's like twice the code I have for a boss in my map! 0.0

14. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I may have voted out of sense at that time but now that I've taken a good look at all the works, I see that my vote was correct. Bowser499 has done an efficient and to-the-point and charming job there. There is no overdoing in his work.
    I'm rooting for bowser499.

15. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Globals block isn't an option because you can't have them with normal JASS - feel free to try it yourself, it doesn't compile XD

16. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Looks like im gonna be the bronze medalist T^T

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good luck to all contestants.

o_O

18. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Big trouble came, and after a while this whole thread was filled with insults and stuff... kinda.

Then it stopped.

19. DD_legionTN

DD_legionTN

Resources:
    Resources:
    After testing all of the 3 spells pack, its time for me to vote

Tank Commander have nice spell effects, the combo of those spells are nice as well, just the code give me an headache when i viewing it...

Bowser499 spell is much simpler, coding is clean enough and spells are all combo together without separating combo like Tank Commander's one.

Almia spell only contains passive spells (Its unfinished?), and your are using soul as the idea of spell (Bowser499 copy you?:O) and i don't know how to comment your spell...

Overall for me bowser499 suit more to the combo theme, if it is separate combo theme i will vote for Tank Commander XD

20. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It is finished.