• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Youtube Map Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

The cinematics s in the series will be based of a youtube video which I will use the audio from and then remake it in Warcraft III.
So far, the theme has been black. With that I mean that the terrain has (almost) been entirely black which was a choice I made for dramatic effect at first but it also saved many from seeing my terraining.
Yet, in my current project I am actually doing some terraining unlike my already completed works in the series.
I am trying to find a mix, leaving feedback regarding the style is appreciated.

Due the low time required to create one together with the positive reaction so far, I came to the decision that it's something I might do for a longer period of time.
It's my evil plan to spam the map section

Completed Projects

Lore According to Illidan
b413d79e317dbcbf03b7f9760a684ac0.jpg
Farewell Arthas my Brother
f0d798194ad62e2564a6ec75fa712145.jpg

Current Project
The Druid: Dog and a Bear
47e5b50e66b1c3cb65285810f3b6329e.png

All textures in game will be converted to either entirely black or grey scale.
In addition I will apply a cartoon filter to the units' textures.
All unit animations will be removed completely, animation will be done by displaying units in sequence.

All this to resemble ink in a art book to enhance the storytelling aspect.
And somewhat dark end of the story.

b49adcbc6b92f28c46db79ef8f2e8bca.png

Progress
Roughly 252/830 seconds complete.
Terrain is fully completed aside from minor adjustments which will likely be made.
Only triggering the rest of the cinematic remains.

Suggestions
NameYoutube ChannelSuggested by

The Druid: Dog and a Bear
NixxiomChaosy

The Druid: Tree of Life
NixxiomChaosy

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Not guessing because I don't care about rep. d:
I am not rich enough to give away dollars.
So not much else I can give.

I guess I could give you a hateful comment about your map series, how does that sound?
Thanks though x)

@Sclammerz
Yup. The only map I've seen with it is Tickles' Lizard Gaiden.

edit:
I've done about a third of the cinematic at this point, though the other two third will be quicker to create because it's mainly talk and not too much action.
Still, do you guys care about subtitles? If I am gonna add it I'm going to do with a video editing program because it's 10x easier and more accurate.

Last edited:
Level 6
I love the cinematic.

Why do you include the loading screen? It feel awkward especially you use the LS with players. How about start it immediately?

Well I love the concept of black backgrounds but on the video FAREWELL ARTHAS based on how they interact I feel they dont fit since you use structures like Barns.

In Lore according to Illidan you use only Units which fits the black background.

Overall good job. I prefer more units focused cinematic since it is new to the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.