• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Tol Barad Melee Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I plan on creating a series of 3 maps, based around Tol Barad. They will all be semi-altered melee, which means the 4 races stay the same, but new units will be added via neutral merchants or neutral hostile (although no new neutral hostile heroes). In addition, some of the Human units may change in appearance. For the maps, I will create custom Tol Barad tileset, based on the Ruins tileset. Some of the tiles I will create by using WoW tiles (those of you who've seen my Silvermoon tileset efforts know I'm not bragging when I say I know how to tie in WoW tiles to WC3).

The maps in question are:

• Shatterisles [2v2]
  • Tol Barad Peninsula [1v1]
  • Crestfall [3v3]
You may recognize Tol Barad Peninsula and Crestfall from WoW and WC2 (respectively).

Shatterisles is the fist map I am working on, and it's an original location I created. It's a 2v2 map with 8 gold mines, Tavern, and Shipyard. The layout is already done, and I am releasing a screenshot of it here.

4XBFVTx.jpg

"The once peaceful, yet dreary scattered southern isles of Tol Barad have not been spared the horrors of war. Yet there are still plenty of booty to be hoarded from the mines—which have attracted pirates and marouders from all corners of Azeroth."

Status
Not open for further replies.