• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tol Barad vrs Dun Modr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I feel like making this map- Warcraft_II_Tides_of_Darkness_-_Humans_Mission_05.jpg

During the 2nd war known as the Tides of Darkness, Orcs of the BlackTooth Grin Clan stationed in Dun Modr would constantly raid the Stromguard fortress of Tol Barad. The warriors stationed in Tol Barad would fight back and raid the stronghold of Dun Modr in return. It was a constant stalemate during the 2nd war until eventually the Orcs decimated everything of Tol Barad leaving only sage brush and dust to roam the ruins. The whole ideal of this map is for players to relive a famous battle of the 2nd war as well as experience sea combat coupled with fast paced action.

I plan for this map to be 2-player, but I want it to be a map that can be played against the computer as well.

However, I'm not good with triggers and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what triggers I need to use in order to make the computer do sea warfare and use transports?

I would also like to know what your opinion is on the terrain I should use. WC3 doesn't have a wasteland terrain. I was thinking that maybe I could use a fall terrain? What do you think? Or I could mix the Barrens with something else? Anybody know how I can make a wasteland terrain similar to WC2?

I hope your interested in this map and I would really appreciate your help. If this map turns out to be good than I will release it and give credits to anyone who helps me complete this project.

Last edited:
Level 6
No, it's the screenshot of the WC2 map that my map will be based on. I have yet to create it because I want to get the terrain right. However, I also need help with the triggers for naval warfare and transporting units. The AI doesn't know how to do that.

Right now I'm aiming for a fall terrain, but I want to get more opinions before I start.

Status
Not open for further replies.