• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Custom Race based on Tileset

What is your favorite race in this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

Custom Race based on Tileset
Submitted by TUCANA

I have some idea about making custom race:

1) Create custom race based on Neutral Hostile unit with specific tileset, (for example: Icecrown Glacier race),
2) Add multiple tileset type in one map, (for example: Felwood - Poison in Lordaeron Winter tileset),
3) Add specific weather type after finish build a structure on the building,
4) Change blight tile, (for example: Felwood - Poison for Corrupted Night Elf building instead of Blight),
5) Players can ally with native faction,
6) Native factions would be the native residents of the theme map, like the Tuskarr.​

What do you think about it? Please, give me your opinions.
I really need inspiration especially for tech-tree, spell, unit's stats, and lore. Thank you very much.
About the next version, I will upload it regularly in this map development thread.

Garden of War
Altered Melee Version by TUCANA

List of Features

1) You can play as Felwood, Naga, Tuskarr, and default Warcraft III race,
2) This map inspired by Monolith, Nature's Call - Spider Queen map, Random Map, and White Flake Forest,
3) Default WarCraft III race A.I. (Human, Orc, Night Elf, and Undead) work properly,
4) This map can be played up to 8 (eight) players,
5) Every custom race has it's own custom tile set, not based on blight model,
6) Win, defeat, revealing, and unrevealing trigger work properly,
7) Race selection via handicap,
8) This map is not protected.​

Gameplay Screenshot (Tier-1)

full

full

full

full

full

Next Update (Work in Progress)

full

Players can ally with native faction, by using Mercenary Camps. It can be used to be claimed and win the bonus advantage of spawning native faction unit every 40 seconds (controlled by Players) and have no Food Cost.

Current version: V08 (16/02/2018), uploaded with credit list inside.

Attachments

• (8)GardenOfWarAMV08.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 528
Last edited:
Level 3
Thank you @Kyrbi0. I create those animation, Felwood birth animation was created by me via trigger based on Northern Tree Birth and UBirth.mdx, can check it via World Editor (except Corrupted Gold Mine skin model, it was created by Hermit).

Edit (17/02/2018):
About Tuskarr birth animation, I create it by adding crystal doodad attachment at origin of the building via ability trigger.

Last edited:
Level 13
Interesting idea and gameplay, but I suggest making unique units instead of basing them on the default ones. Give them custom abilities, make them unique, and balance the stats so they aren't as overpowered. Also, give them some useful upgrades. Other than that, I think it's a decent map, but make sure to polish it afterwards.

Level 5
Hmm.. I'm now thinking about how one might make a "Mongrel Horde" faction for the Lordaeron tilesets and an Outlaw faction for the Dalaran tilesets. To list the distinct models available:

Mongrel Horde, Lordaeron tilesets:
11 total distinct models, could add 2 from other tilesets
3 Forest Troll models (regular/berzerker, high priest/shadow priest and trapper/warlord)
1 Spider model (zero model distinction, significant color pallet distinction)
2/3 Gnoll models (Poacher/Assassin, regular/Brute/Overseer, Warden may or may not be sufficiently distinct)
1 Golem model (Mud/Stone/Granite)
1 Murloc model (Tidehunter/Huntsman/Nightcrawler)
2 Ogre models (Warrior/Magi/Mauler and Lord)

From other tilesets:
2 Kobold models (regular/tunneler/taskmaster and geomancer)

Outlaws, Dalaran/Cityscape tilesets:
8 total distinct models, could add 3 from other tilesets
3 Bandit models (regular/Rogue/Enforcer, Brigand/Assassin and Lord)
1 Golem model (Mud/Stone/Granite, better fits Mongrel Horde)
2 Wizard models (Apprentice and Rogue/Renegade/Dark, latter is Archmage model retextured)
2 "monstrocity" models (reject and mutant)

From other tilesets:
1 Golem (Battle/War/Siege, fits Outlaw's mage side better than "stony" Golems)
2 Revenants (Fire/Lightning/Death, Tide/Seas/Depths/Deeplord)

---

I'm leaving out dragons because almost every tileset has dragons, so using them as air units is rather silly because you end up with a lot of similarity in the air unit. This is just listing what models are pre-existing, mechanics will come later. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.