• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your Hive Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this 2nd and 3rd gen? And c00l gang?

just something i generalized in the chat while talking about old fags.

• Gen 1 pre 2006: people pre-hive are 1st gen
  • Gen 2 2006: people who joined at the starting 0-2 years of hive are 2nd gen and they represent the infancy of hive and, as described by some, the golden years of warcraft modding
  • Gen 3 2007-2008:people who joined the next 0-2 years are 3rd gen are people who are fashionably late to the party. consists mostly of new-ishfag trolls
  • Gen 4 2009-2010: people who joined the next 0-2 years are 4th gen and they have arrived a day late to the party and have just arrived to witness the decline of warcraft moddinh
  • Gen 5? 2011: People who arrived this year for the SC2 modding or just for the fabled community that once existed. Most of them are lollygaggers.

or so the distinction goes. no one seem to have an alternative so. we all good?

oh. and the c00l gang is a menace to society. that's what they are. the whole stinking lot of them

Level 48
I've only really befriended Linaze, FrIkY and Mr.Goblin. I'm still in contact with the first two, not so much with Gobo though. I've had a few run-ins with General Frank in my 'early days', but the dust settled down eventually and I figured out he's actually a really nice person. I'm not in contact with him, though, sadly. I also came to know ragingspeedhorn through Linaze, and I met Vermillion Edict\T-Revellion-T\-Ð because we worked on some stuff together for who I believe was Keiji.
It's an entirely different story for WC3C, though. This thread REALLY reminded me of this:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=110017

Oh, and, the c00l gang is anarchianbedlam, shamanyouranus, Pyramidhe@d and Joe-black-5. And Red_Shift I guess. :p

Level 14
My Generation: Magtheridon96,Ampharos_222 (Which is -Grendel now),KenE,Eubz,Black_Kitty,Dromelexer = Gen 5

Gen 5... hmm,looks like i'm left out with Eubz,-Derp-,Bugz,and other people who joined and was very active this 2011,Really Bad Examples of 2011 New Users are *emb***,since he pissed me and flamed me even on facebook <--- Won't say his whole name

Level 21
Here are my Hive Comrades:
Zealon, Peacekeeper, Amargaard, Ken-E, Magtheridon96, JollyD, and Alagreem.

Level 14
Well,not all my BFFs but here's a rundown of the friends i had this year
March - Gorb (He was my only friend until FaTal)
April - No one
May - FaTal,Adikutz,-Grendel,Dinodin,Mezaluh,uYkam
June - Lolzaxis,Deathchef,Slead,LightofDeath,Eubz,Dromelexer
July- Chocowaffles,D3STROY3R,Magtheridon96,Ilike,Brambleclaw,Mckill2009,Dawn Whitelighter,Black-kitty,Luffy_299,Cayle,Arkon Kaos,Lightskin,The Weird Human,MasterHaosis,-Kobas-,sPy,Opiumwar,Death_Nevermore,zadelim,Statharas,htf5555,Naiden,DEAD FiSH,Drunken_Jackal,Klayton
August - Tristan_kyle_2000,Pharaoh_,Deuterium,darwin,Geazergimli2,rysnt11,bisnar13,Ken-E
September - Holy Crusader,Vengeancekael,-W3SK3R-,StaRMaestroS,lee_saeki,Dynamiczx,Cakedog345,Wimbo125,BloodElf300,W3.Player
October - Apheraz Lucent,-Berz-,killerjel1,Sky Green,DonDustin,M0rbid,EloTheMan
November - JaMez32,Admiral Jack,Kazuji,MrPinto,xRiotZx,Alain.Mark,CloudMax,HFR,MaTiJa97,indomitable1319,ERYFKRAD,nerovesper,Warlord Ajer'laroir,Jake Command Wolf,Vista sucks,Hail Storm,sephiroth1234,Maximum_Evil,UndeadImmortal,Bowser499
December - Amargaard,Shade Da Scout,Afterburner,-PsYcHoVicIoUs-,RakEnRoL,Saif,Atmosferic,clockwork2,Diegokopo,Zealon,PeaceKeeper,xIceShotx

Well thats all i can remember

Level 22
I'm one of the endangered species of the pre-hive era.

Indeed, so am I, despite deleting the few resources I've made throughout the years and not being from the big resrs contributors. I visited Wc3Sear.ch in 2004 and I didn't like Mecheon and Werewulf aka Kimberly who were treating me like as if I had come to purposly break the rules :/. My name was: (numbers)LightYears in WC3S, then Wolverabid merged some old data with my new THW acc.

Anyway, I congrat all old schoolers who left THW, idk what im still doing here esp since I dont even play war3 anymore, not to say gaming is my game time and less of mapmaking which is why all private, I never released anything or was or want to be of any projects. But SCBW Campaign Editor, war2 editor, EE editor, War3 editor, SC2 Galaxy editor, NOT NEW to mapmaking for all the years of war3 or I'd have never come here if I hadnt been into mapmaking as well. Although now im like during the day mapmaking - evening - 1 V 1 - the only true format you bitches!

Oh I know, if not the pwnies that pwn me by the day and I see in SC2 players even Masters with names like MyLittlePwny, Trollestia, I would've long left. Maybe to say or see or whine on some SC2 feature or news when there is reason. Maybe that's why I choose it over MLP specific sites.

But yeah 2012 is time for a change, who knows what will my crazy mind think of :>

Level 21
:' )

Also Void, frostwhisper, FamousPker49, Belgarath, and any other Terrain board 07/08 members I've forgotten. Definitely miss Samuraid in the computer forums.

And of course Wolverabid, for being fucking awesome.

can't forget Craka_J for sure. The big daddy of terraining back in the day.
i also recall the days of my serious youth back in the day. when i was very serious. especially on the account before this one back on wc3sear.ch

also: i remember when keiji and frost (?) did a co-terrain in '09 or something and keiji didn't even know how to use wc3 fog, had a good laugh about this

Level 6
Magtheridon96,Pharaoh_,Dr Super Good

Now, I usually, talk to Magtheridon96,Laiev,
imagem.jpg

Level 22
Hey, I'm in your list. Didn't expect that. :D
I'm also not that active anymore, but I do try to come on once every few days.

People I met when I first joined, who still visit the hive... Well, there aren't that many. Mechanical Man, Rao Dao Zao, Kimberly (still active?). I'm not sure if there are any others.
Mecheon, Daelin, Afronight76, Darky27, VG_Satomi and Olof Moleman were some cool people that left ages ago.

I stopped coming here in around 2007 I think, and came back in 2010. And then I met people like you, Dragonson, Lich Prince, and others in my friend list.

My, so many. The main ones I recall back when I joined wc3sear.ch were VGsatomi, me and him were THE moderators of the Maps Section and the Maps Forum. Then Mecheon, with his outstanding humor that a lot of times makes me wish he was still around. Daelin, with his ambitious Revival of the High Elves

And Vexorian, do you remember him? :p

Last edited:
Level 9
1st interactions
Septimus was raping me with his english skills.
Pharaoh_, guy is awesome
Ampharos222, back when he was a skinner, and i'm a pretentious modelling wannabe.
-Peper-, whom I challenged even if he has modelling skills way beyond mine.
Haosis, even though technically he is a friend to EVERYONE
GIANT_CRAP, dat troll.

and Wazzz, my gayfriend fucktard.

I wouldn't consider them as "friends" though, just acquaintances.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
=O Pins, Ramza! I'm so glad to see you *.* I get emotional everytime I see oldschools. Thanks for showing up!
I believe Vexorian had left the Hive by the time I registered and started posting. Checked out the "House of Rohan"? He left early. Wc3Campaigns seems barely alive right now. Figures the Hive's golden mid quality standards were the key to prevail.^^

Level 22
=O Pins, Ramza! I'm so glad to see you *.* I get emotional everytime I see oldschools. Thanks for showing up!

Ramza's been here like in the last several months and I do not see a duplicate.

Idk do I miss anyone even on a forum level..not really. Probably a guy who did models in 2008 that I've been requesting since 2004 and I payed him to ensure he won't change his mind, and he's not from the staff and he never came back after he left it seems.

Level 48
Oh, I should add JokeMaster to my list, along with Alagremm and all the other FoD guys. And tleno too. Although I met them quite a bit after I registered, they're still an important part of my 'hive generation'. (I don't remember though, some of them may have registered before me, some may have joined after.)
So anyway, yeah. Me and JokeMaster had some disagreements. With settled it with a challenge in the arena(which I won... barely).

Level 34
Not in here he hasn't.

Does anyone remember HernanG from the Terrain Board?^^ Back when it was still a forum of the Warcraft III Modding category?^^
I never had the pleasure to talk to him, but I certainly remember him. He was in inspiration to me early on.

Level 22
All I call tell you Rui is I saw some oldies on mapster's irc. *Looks around THW, looks at the quality of threads around here, looks at the only game that can live in this site* Why are they not coming back? I don't know Ah good 'ol war3 times, even the discussions and everything else here was better.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Kas, if that is a sarcastic remark, I don't see how it possibly hurts you that I'm asking around about random oldschoolers.

All I call tell you Rui is I saw some oldies on mapster's irc. *Looks around THW, looks at the quality of threads around here, looks at the only game that can live in this site* Why are they not coming back? I don't know Ah good 'ol war3 times, even the discussions and everything else here was better.
Which ones did you see?

Level 35
i was in wc3sear.ch when darky29 was still running the site, as darky28 and mecheon roamed the forums being awesome and generally obnoxious.

Yep to all of it - It was the place to be, the place that got me started, where I got my first models and where I posted my first stuff. It was also the first place where I meet many of those either now gone or slightly still around. I still visit the wc3sear.ch from time to time in nostalgic trip, though I haven't gone into it the last half year. By visiting I mean through archives, where I last time discovered that I could still download certain models from the site :smile: Even if I didn't need it, it made my day.

Several gigs above the quota and a mysterious disappearance ending in a takeover was the end of that. I first took the switch when the end was certain. Should have switched earlier, but I was stuck with my first love. I miss the good old days :cry:

Oh an yea, it was Bob27 who first got me started on a campaign by helping out with some issue I had back then. I still keep the pm from him as a reference.

Does anyone remember HernanG from the Terrain Board?

Yea - Though I didn't talk that much with him.

Sadly most of my crowd have vanished for now, though others are still sticking it out. Problem is that one self also gets older, less time on hand and less activity. But heck I'll stick around to the end. And damn I miss VeggieO -> VG :wink:

Level 15
As I lurked the site prior to the Wc3sear.ch merge till mid-07, I really.. don't have a generation. Huh. Anyways, as for people when I finally unlurked that I talked to who got here at similar times, Billy The Cat, TWIF, herro_master, arafor, draknyte1, NoAmmoSrry(banned), xRiotzx, wereguy2, and HappyCockroach

Level 16
I guess I'm from the late third gen, when new users still had a clear glimpse of former hive's glory, while arriving in a state where stuff were slowly starting to collapse. So basically, having known the fun chat, most of the old users, bla bla, while also seeing a whole lot of them leave, and seeing stuff like SE disappear etc.

Level 21
=o pins, ramza! I'm so glad to see you *.* i get emotional everytime i see oldschools. Thanks for showing up!
I believe vexorian had left the hive by the time i registered and started posting. Checked out the "house of rohan"? He left early. Wc3campaigns seems barely alive right now. Figures the hive's golden mid quality standards were the key to prevail.^^

bam! Emotion strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.