• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your generic "ZOMG WHUT R TEH ALLINCE RACE GONNA B?&quo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Welcome

Now, here's what is standing with the Blizzard WoW's forums most popular

They seem to think Draenei, Pandaren or Worgen

I have reasons that none of them are true

Draenei: I have written entire topics just on this. They have no connections with the Alliance other than "LOLZ, WE H8 ORCZ". They're shamanistic, quite the opposite of the Alliance's lifestyle. They are mostly on Draenor, which isn't open yet and will be opened in the expansion. The few who are on Azeroth are either mopey or they're insane, and Caydiem's saying that "ZOMG TEHY LOOKED DIFFERENT" is uncomfirmed

Pandaren: Neutral. That is ALL I need to say. I could go into depths on why they can't be it, but I'll stick with neutral. Goblins aren't in the Alliance because they're neutral, so neither will Pandaren. That, and Metzen said they're not the race

Worgen: No lore support them joining. That, and every single topic about them says they're in Gilenas. Erm, Gilenas is closed off to prevent the Scourge from sweeping inside. Its not closed off because they all turned into worgen or whatever the topic says

Now, onto viable things

Furbolgs. You want to know why furbolgs? Because they have an entire underground complex they can use for a few starting zones. The entrance is in North Azshara if you've never seen it, and its called Timbermaw Keep. Very human in construction. Hmmm, why would furbolgs be using a human construction unless, GASP, they were allied to the humans! Oh, and they're buddy-buddy with the Night Elves

Yeah, that's the only viable thing I can think of

Oh well, post your theories and I shall rip them to pieces just by relying on the lore

Level 15
Re: Your generic "ZOMG WHUT R TEH ALLINCE RACE GONNA B?

Mecheon said:

Hi!

Mecheon said:

B.net user are morons.

Mecheon said:
Draenei: I have written entire topics just on this. They have no connections with the Alliance other than "LOLZ, WE H8 ORCZ". They're shamanistic

So are certain Dwarves, but you can play a Dwarf.

Mecheon said:
They are mostly on Draenor, which isn't open yet and will be opened in the expansion.

Most on Draenor were killed. Small groups exist on Azeroth. The Blood Elves were mostly on Draenor too, but, SHOCK HORROR, Blizzard furthered the timeline and wrote new material!

Mecheon said:
Pandaren: Neutral. That is ALL I need to say. I could go into depths on why they can't be it, but I'll stick with neutral. Goblins aren't in the Alliance because they're neutral, so neither will Pandaren. That, and Metzen said they're not the race

Pandaren are shamanistic, so by your logic they are ZOMG DEFFO HORDE RACE.

Mecheon said:
Worgen: No lore support them joining. That, and every single topic about them says they're in Gilenas. Erm, Gilenas is closed off to prevent the Scourge from sweeping inside. Its not closed off because they all turned into worgen or whatever the topic says

Noobs were just swayed by some faker's creative writing. Worgen are as likely as Succubi as the next race.

Mecheon said:
Furbolgs. You want to know why furbolgs? Because they have an entire underground complex they can use for a few starting zones. The entrance is in North Azshara if you've never seen it, and its called Timbermaw Keep. Very human in construction. Hmmm, why would furbolgs be using a human construction unless, GASP, they were allied to the humans! Oh, and they're buddy-buddy with the Night Elves

They are my favourite, but the whole 'from Outland' balance would'nt fit - if its even something they want to balance.

2 Druidic races? Is that fair?

Plus the models are pretty damn ugly and will be funny to behold wearing armour and weapons. They'd be fake Pandarens.

My guess? Why not a completely new race? There's a whole universe out there. People are just assuming things like 'Pretty race/ugly race, giant race/small race'. I really don't think that's a viable thing to consider. Give 'em Gnolls or Ogres.

Level 25
Re: Your generic "ZOMG WHUT R TEH ALLINCE RACE GONNA B?

Whitehorn said:
Mecheon said:
Hi!

Hi Whitehorn

Whitehorn said:
Mecheon said:
B.net user are morons.

Quote for truth

Whitehorn said:
Mecheon said:
Draenei: I have written entire topics just on this. They have no connections with the Alliance other than "LOLZ, WE H8 ORCZ". They're shamanistic

So are certain Dwarves, but you can play a Dwarf.

There are differences between the three types of dwarves. The Wildhammer, the shaman ones, aren't playable. Only the Ironforge ones are. You can't play as Darkiron ones either

Whitehorn said:
Mecheon said:
They are mostly on Draenor, which isn't open yet and will be opened in the expansion.

Most on Draenor were killed. Small groups exist on Azeroth. The Blood Elves were mostly on Draenor too, but, SHOCK HORROR, Blizzard furthered the timeline and wrote new material!

Small groups. Very small groups. Small groups in a swamp being angsty and stuff. And the Blood Elves were from Azeroth to begin with, which at least manages to ignore the "WTF"ness of the situation

Whitehorn said:
Mecheon said:

Pandaren are shamanistic, so by your logic they are ZOMG DEFFO HORDE RACE.

Yeah, there's something about that as well, but they're more of geomancers rather than shamans. But really, I just enjoy shooting down that theory quickly

Whitehorn said:
Mecheon said:

Noobs were just swayed by some faker's creative writing. Worgen are as likely as Succubi as the next race.

QFT

Whitehorn said:
Mecheon said:

They are my favourite, but the whole 'from Outland' balance would'nt fit - if its even something they want to balance.

Yeah, Caydiem says a lot of things

Whitehorn said:
2 Druidic races? Is that fair?

Probably not

Whitehorn said:
Plus the models are pretty damn ugly and will be funny to behold wearing armour and weapons. They'd be fake Pandarens.

Pandarens are fake and short Furbolgs according to what I've read

Whitehorn said:
My guess? Why not a completely new race? There's a whole universe out there. People are just assuming things like 'Pretty race/ugly race, giant race/small race'. I really don't think that's a viable thing to consider. Give 'em Gnolls or Ogres.

BECUZ CAY SED IT WAZ DRENAI LOLZ

I'm hoping for some random draenei race. Like those elephant people. Yeah, elephant people are in basically everything, but still

Or those wierd blue fly-y things

Level 12
I'm not going to post anything that's just going to tell the Alliance's race. Everyone knows Blizzard will put some dumbass twist like the Blood Elves.

Level 3
"Draenei: I have written entire topics just on this. They have no connections with the Alliance other than "LOLZ, WE H8 ORCZ". They're shamanistic, quite the opposite of the Alliance's lifestyle. They are mostly on Draenor, which isn't open yet and will be opened in the expansion. The few who are on Azeroth are either mopey or they're insane, and Caydiem's saying that "ZOMG TEHY LOOKED DIFFERENT" is uncomfirmed"

Those are some hefty reasons for the alliance not to let the Draenei join, but they'd make excelent assassins since their shadowmeld is far better than the Night Elves' and they're also exploitable due to their miserable situation. Ever since the cancelled LotC-game Blizzard has tried to make the Alliance less goody-two-shoes and more neutral, so it would make sense for them to take advantage of the Draenei or some other weak race they'd have at their mercy.

Level 11
MaraBackman said:
"Draenei: I have written entire topics just on this. They have no connections with the Alliance other than "LOLZ, WE H8 ORCZ".

That's why the Night Elves joined the Alliance.

They're shamanistic, quite the opposite of the Alliance's lifestyle.

Proof/source/link of them being shamanistic?

They are mostly on Draenor, which isn't open yet and will be opened in the expansion. The few who are on Azeroth are either mopey or they're insane, and Caydiem's saying that "ZOMG TEHY LOOKED DIFFERENT" is uncomfirmed"

They're not all insane, I'd say there's enough of them to be a playable race if they made one tribe of trolls and some gnomish refugees playable races, especially when there's more High Elves than Gnomes. Looks aren't really an important factor when thinking if they could be a playable race or not.

Level 9
Really confuses me that blood elves get te horde. Even though i know why i really think its stupid

Ya so, if it is furbolgs... uhhhm got no words

I think it would be really weird seeing savage furbolgs run around stormwind.

Level 2
cheesdude said:
Really confuses me that blood elves get te horde. Even though i know why i really think its stupid

Ya so, if it is furbolgs... uhhhm got no words

I think it would be really weird seeing savage furbolgs run around stormwind.

Because Blizzard loves balance. And the Horde is too damn ugly so they put Blood Elves.

Level 1
Timbermaw Furbolgs are a neutral faction and I highly doubt that Blizzard will turn around and make them an Alliance race right after they added rep rewards to them.

Level 25
They don't need to be the Timbermaw

If Blizzard can suddenly make a group of Blood Elves who stayed on Azeroth and like the Horde who they've wared against for years, then Blizzard can stick a random Furbolg tribe in

Level 25
Blood Elves are demon magic sucking arcane magic addicts yet they've joined the shamanistic Horde

I don't see it too far of a stretch for Furbolgs to join the Alliance. Certaintly a much further stretch for some random race who don't even know of the Alliance's existance, like the Draenei or something, to join rather than Furbolgs joining

Level 11
As far as game mechanics go, there will not be any Shaman amongst the Alliances ranks unless the Horde is given access to Paladins.

And just because the Sin'dorei use Arcane and Fel magiks that's not a good reason for them to not be in the Horde. The Forsaken and Orcish warlocks use Fel magic as well and they're allowed in the Horde.

Level 25
The only reason the Orcish warlocks are allowed in the Horde is because Thrall doesn't want to slaughter each and every one of them

And the Forsaken are on the "barely tolerated" side of things. Hence why they start at "Neutral" rather than "Friendly"

And look, there's a certain type of dwarf that's shamanistic, yet the Alliance has dwarves

Level 25
No, but arcane corruption is something the Horde are against but it is rampart throughout all Blood Elven culture

So they can just say that this is a non shaman group of Furbolgs and give them druids (Yes, druids are a furbolg class). It'll make up for only 2 pallys or something

I mean, NO race in Warcraft can be a pally anyway

Level 1
Lol Peeps....im 100% sure the new race will be Draenei...it was confirmed in a magazine...and you can check out the new models of Draenei tents and structures in the 1.9 patch...believe me or not...prepare to play as DRAENEI!!! :D

Level 25
So, to demolish your fact, I shall check out the 1.9 patch

Firstly, "comfirmed in a magazine" means nothing. Magazines posted stuff about the Undead using mana rather than resources, along with 6 races in RoC. They also posted about this funky hero called the Warlord, and saying that the Shadow Hunter would use only wards

Opps. They were wrong

Secondly, I checked. The only remotely Draenei related buildings I found have been in since the VERY BEGINING of the game.

Opps, you loose

Also, to go for a third assult via location, Draenei are mostly on Draenor. The Dark Portal shall be opened via a quest, simular to Ahn'Quiraj. Except that it involves Khazran and Narraxis. So, the Portal won't be open, which eliminates the possibility of a race living on Outland

Therefore, the race won't be Draenei

Forthly, lorewise, the Alliance and Draenei have had no contact at all. Sure the Draenei hate their former friends, the Orcs, but so do a lot of things. So, due to lack of communication, I declare that Draenei will not be the race

Finally, I declare that due to their alliance with Illidan and their position as a neutral force in an obviously unreleased battleground, the Draenei are allied with Illidan and won't ally with some random Alliance who want him dead

Please learn to make better arguements. I can rip apart such a weak statement in a few seconds

Level 1
Huh?You think you ripped my argument apart?You think? 8) Well gonna bring a link to an official paper sheet enclosing all you wish to know fellow!Coming Soon :twisted:

Level 25
Bring it

The fact that all I've said is confirmed by Blizzard sources and common sense is good enough

Oh, and did I mention "Draenei are ugly as sin"? There's another reason why they won't be playable: No one would want to play them

Level 11
Didn't that magazine retract that statement, saying it was indeed mere speculation on their part and not official?

Anywho, I don't recall the Horde being against arcane addiction.

What do you mean no race can be paladins?

Level 25
Yeah, the magazine retracted the statement, but lots of people are very selective readers

The Horde are against the arcane magic, hence why the only reason there are even Warlocks in the Horde is because Thrall doesn't want to kill them off. The Forsaken get through by barely being tolerated to begin with

As for the paladin statement, paladins are VERY different from priests. A priest channals the power that that particular creature worships. Light for the Humans, Loa for Trolls, Elune for Night Elves and so on. However, Paladins are purely Light focused. And there are two, maybe three, races that still worship the light: Humans, dwarves and, by extension, Undead. The Dwarves are recent into the Silver Hand however, and the Undead appear to have given up on it. So there are no more races that could become Paladins simply due to belief systems

Level 45
they might just make a new hidden race and make their history starting with "they came from a secret island..that no one knew about,except them.."

i hope worgens would...but i dont play wow..but arnt they more of a feral race? like rather than using swords and knifes and talkin to people town, they'd rather hunt stags and disembowl travelers?

pandarans are good..but...they seems to passive.. i mean..the only reason i would think they would help orcs is either a threat on panderia or whatever its called or either for the sake of booze.

and furbolgs..they r too nature like...and NE like..no way would they go for orcs..

Level 11
The Horde isn't against use of the arcane, most of them simply don't use it. If they are against the arcane then explane troll magi.

And there's five Light worshipping races that I can think of, Humans, Dwarves, High Elves, Forsaken, and Blood Elves.

Level 25
The Horde are against arcane corruption. I'm not too sure about troll mages but I'm questioning their existance in the RPG. But the Horde are definantly against arcane corruption. Which is why they have shamans

And I believe that many Blood Elves "gave up" with the Light. At that, they were never allowed into the Silver Hand

And Wulf, they said they wouldn't add a new race. Worgen are nutcases and unlikely as hell. Pandaren are neutral and confirmed not to be in. Hence, I'm saying that Furbolgs will join the Alliance

Level 11
The Horde may be against arcane corruption, but I don't think they are against use of the arcane, most simply choose not to wield it, or aren't sensitive to it.

And the Sin'dorei may not be members of the Silver Hand, but they still use the Light, hence the availability of the priest class.

Level 25
I know the Tauren at least are VERY distrusting of anything who uses the Arcane

I'm not too sure if the Blood Elves still worship the Light though. I know a fair few of them got somewhat disenchanted with the idea after the War, simular to what happaned to many Undead

Level 3
Hey, Mecheon long time, no see. Anyway, I am not here to start another conflict.. :) ..To me, it seems that the draenei will win this contest. + Lore-based hatred of Orcs.
+ Originally from Draenor/Outland, and would fit best in The Burning Crusade Expansion. Share a goal simillar to the Blood Elves to return which fits well with expansion.
+ Rumored to have unmutated version which hasn't been seen before.
+ Draenei Rumor
+ Connection to lost Alliance expedition on Draenor is a possibility.
+ Draenei buildings exist in the same parent directory as human and orc buildings (outland directory). However, one would assume Draenei buildings would be in Outland regardless.
+ Febuary Computer Gaming (http://www.partingvisions.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=60) says directly in print: 'Alliance players will enjoy playing Draenei'. However, this was declared merely speculation by the editor.
- Stealth abilities too similar to Night Elves.
- No female Draenei have been previously seen
- Last known to be allied with Blood Elves, Naga, and Illidan.(Yeah, but there is an article around here... Cannot find it but I read something like this seeing the blood elves that succumbed in demon magic just like the orcs..)

Level 25
Hi. I'll destroy your arguments now, ok?

1. Yes, they hate orcs. They used to be friends with them. Ages ago. But there are HEAPS of things that hate orcs. Not just Draenei
2. Yeah, originally from Draenor/Outland. Except they don't have a simular goal. The thing is, they're ON Draenor, and Blood Elves aren't. Blood Elves want back to Draenor, and Draenei want to stay there. Therefore, there is no way for the Draenei to join the Alliance, due to no communication
3. They said it won't be a new race. "hasn't been seen before" implies new race. Also, that was just a convient way for Caydiem to try and say that Garona is half Draenei. But Metzen doesn't agree with her.
4. Been there, delt with that
5. Maybe. Or maybe the lost Alliance group attacked them instead, thinking they were demonic hellspawn? At that, they're the LOST expedition for a reason. They have no contact with the Alliance at the moment
6. Those are Outland buildings. The Orc and Human ones there aren't normal orc or human ones. They're Second War remnants
7. Magazines said that levels called "Hidden Palace" and "Wood Zone" would be in Sonic 2, but they weren't.
8. Too simular? More like too imba
9. Neither have female ogres
10. Which they still are. They owe Illidan their lives

Level 3
Ok, all the facts you said are true, but there is more information: "The draenei swore allegiance to Illidan, and for a while, they were... happy..(lol), but seeing that Illidan succumbed in madness, the blood elves delved deep in demon magic (just like the orcs), they became distant from their "allies". And the fact that they hate orcs adds to their possibility to become Alliance members... And not all Draenei are on Outland. Some are in the Swamps of Sorrows (well, almost all have been driven mad by I-don't-know-what reason, but some resisted...)

Level 25
Entirely different

Gnomes and trolls came from Azeroth to begin with. They can make more trolls and gnomes because they can find splinter groups who left earlier. Trolls also have the advantage of being able to asorb outcasts from other tribes: I refuse to believe that the tribes in Stranglethorn don't chuck a few people out for disagreeing with the big bad troll and then leave them to be eaten by ogres/tigers/whatever else is hungry

Draenei however are mostly on Draenor. At that they were massacared before they could even get to Azeroth to begin with. While I could see the Outland Draenei being viable if the Dark Portal was open, the fact is a few small remnants of an already massacured race managed to get sucked into Azeroth. Hardly enough to make a large population out of

Level 11
If numbers are a problem, Blizz could have some of Akamas people come over from Outland. While it is only unofficial speculation that the Draenei are leaving Illidan, it's possible and I daresay probable that the Draenei aren't happy with the fact that they now indirectly serve a demon lord through Illidan and are leaving him.

Also of note, Kael, Vashj, and Illidan are slated to be raid bosses on Outland, while nothing has been said of Akama, or at least I've heard nothing.

Level 25
The thing is, they can't come over from Outland because the portal's closed

And I dislike the Kael being a raid boss thing. So, they dump the freaking Blood Elves on us rather than ogres or goblins, and then say they want to go to Outland to get back to Kael, and then they go and kill Kael?

Excuse me? Where is the needed sense from that?

Level 25
Well, there is my "I talked to Xaran once and he will murder me sweet for letting these things slip", and then there's the fact that to open the portal one needs the Book of Medivh, which was last seen with Kul'Thuzard. So I figure: Book of Medivh plus Ritual in Medivh's Tower equals Opened Portal

And with Khazran not coming until the expansion, makes more sense

That, and if the Alliance had a capital on Draenor and no one else did, then the Alliance would own Draenor and the Horde would own Kalimdor

Status
Not open for further replies.