• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yeah, right....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Heh, what relm? Dare I ask...
East has some varity. Mostly DOTA I think i see some WMW and some Line Tower Wars. I dare to be different and host the good games like Star Trek.
So there for this is a sign. The gods are telling me to finish Vgame.

Level 2
The worst of all is that dota took spells, icons, skins from this site. People worked pretty hard to get their spell perfect working. What seems to be now :
Someone TAKES a dota map. He EDITED the hero's and ADDED spells and skins from this site WITHOUT giving the creators of the original spells/skins credits. (this is not hard to do, so why didn't he added the creators?) Dota wouldn't exist if this site wouldn't exist. But that worst of all is that only we (advanced map creators) can see this. Other noobs think that he created all spells by himself, that way is very easy and lame.
I submit, I'm working on maps I take spells and skins, icons from here. but AT LEAST I give these people their credits for working, its the last u can do..

Let me prove it by showing spells that are taken by dota:
A spell from the lightkeeper (or something) is based on this.
treant protector's ultimate
Lich's ultimate
Well, these are a few examples, and they all are in dota. I just want to say, why do people work to get their skill wasted by someone else ?
That isn't right ..

Level 4
Surprized !!! O_O ... Everytime a forum about DotA pops-up many dota players come in here and start flameing... maybe this is a sign of people realizeing what is happening people no longer play dota cauze they like it . but for what then ?!?!

Posible Awnsers:
1) Because im so good i can own u all ( hahahaa)
2) Because it's the only game hosted ( *sniff* *sniff* why god ?)
3) I just play it 1-2 times a day ( yes, i do :) )

--------------------------------------------------------
Im from Northrend (europe) and I was asking my slef why do so many us people join northrend o_O... i was like: "wtf ?!?! don't they have US servers" but now i relised they are seeking refuge (lol) this might be the biggining of a rebelion with its base in europe...the most non-infected dota sv.

Message to all US members of Wc3sear.ch:
-Join europe I host decent games and will not kick,ban,flame.
-I am not inviteing u, i am actualy begging u...id play all kinds of games :)
(and respect to the CBS who supply me with decent maps,Especialy Laosh'Ra)

--------------------------------------------------------
Dota changed the perspective in witch people play...i always played for fun. Id ask my friends to play with me a RPG so we can quest and teamwork or a defance so we can defande our base agains Hoardes of monsters and creeps. But people ask me "whats the fun in that ?" ...how can i awnser that ..they do not understand all they understand is they don't get score and extra cash for a kill.

My freinds are insane... I play enfo with them and always but always my friend "goten" has to kill more than me...if by any chance I have more kills ...he just has to run of alone so he can kill more... -.- he is a victim of dota.

Very often this happens to me:
Game Start.
-AR selcted
la la la (buy boots and a ring of protection)
go one way don't care wich. (i play for fun not fast lvl or big score)
minute 5
Gohan FIRST BLOOD
victim: FU !!! lucky bastard !!!
gohan: im at 50% thats not luck
victim: ur lucky cause I wasn't paying attention
gohan (allies): *sigh*
playing...la la la
gohan fragged "victim"
victim: F***ing creeps !!!
gohan: ...
victim: stfu ! noob !
gohan: dind't say anything
victim: u said ...
gohan(allies): OMG his a little baby...
playing...lalala
i get ganged
"insert name here" killed Gohan
victim: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! NOOB!!!
gohan: ... oh no
gohan: *cries*
/sarcasm off
playing... la la la
Gohan kills "victim"
victim score 0-3 (minute 23)
victim: FU !!! noob
victim: ur lucky !! my nub team sux !!!
victim: fu!!!
victim leaves (they get killed and they leave, they don't change lane or go some where else they just leave -.-. They probably think all chances of getting overpowerd are lost ...so they don't play no more)

or

-ar
a guy repicks
-repick
gets new hero
waits 3 seconds
lagged out or left (... like im gonna belive his net connection suddenly broke)

or

-ap
players chose
except a player he leaves without choseing... i wonder why :/ (probably cause someone else already picked his hero)

I'd stress u more with an even bigger message but u will probably get bored just reading this one :)) =))

Level 4
Guys I sugest you come to Northend server then. Dota is about 20 - 30% most days here now, and we also have some exelent creative map makers like gadden .

I like escape maps personally, and so i make escape maps, but i'm constantly tryig to think of original ideas, and I am wroking on an original map at the moment.

I'd like to play a game with you on Northend anyway, VGsatomi, so if you ever go on northend be sure to whois james1653 .

Level 2
I agree with james. Dota isn't super much played on northrend servers, but there will be always games of it.
I guess dota is a map that attracts all noobs of battle.net. Ah! Thats why some people try to play only with only one hero, and no units in a ladder game!

Level 2
Don't you all see? People who play DOTA are so ban-crazy that they will solve the mass DOTA games for us! Bannings will increase as time goes on until soon... EVERYONE WILL BE BANNED FROM DOTA!!! :lol:

well, a man can dream can't he? :wink:

Level 5
dum de dum

for the US east and US west servers, its too late, they are doomed to die, completly invaded by dota. BUT there is still hope, since northrend is the LEAST affected, if we all go there, host our 'better' maps there, it will become less dota-infected, people will play other maps on northrend, its a little hard but with a little patience u can host!!, and if all mappers host their maps on northrend, people will try them as most people cant host, they will join other games as most dota games wud either ban them or full!! :mrgreen:
if it works(i think it will) it should save warcraft or atleast keep it goin for a few more years, in a map-friendly, non-dota infected enviroment! dota here is only hosted like.. 30 percent of maps) :D

Level 4
Sigh...Your solutions aren't creative enough. Just make a game that looks exactly like DotA, and make the imba heroes' spells kill themselves instead of doing what they did before. Heh...Maybe I'm being a bit TOO evil :twisted:

Oh well...It's worth a try. They want DotA? They can have DotA, a twisted, messed up DotA that better shows what DotA REALLY is. :twisted:

Level 3
Ooo, west. Yeah, I treked there once.
ONCE.

Seriously, I enjoy my AOS's that either:
A. Have a very easy learning curve
B. People dont take so seriously like a simple game of football in the gym class.

And DotA is neither. I do enojy DotA games were wer going local (meaning me and my fellow clanmates.)

So therefore I frequent EotA and AoM. Tides of Blood never appealed to me.

Level 1
us west is my server :( dota is fun for reasons i dont know and witch i dont care about..ive tried it i suck at it..and personelly i dont care the propblem for me is..its hosted way to much someone said that we all wish we had a map that popular heh i wish i had a map that popular but not too where everyone hosts it almost 24/7 (other then northrend)i say we all move to northrend..i have a question if any one can answer it..why do people put game names as "..." or "7" and somtimes..."hghghgh"? and they almost always seem too be dota.

Level 4
Okay you guys. You arent thinking in the right way...
We shall never win, as long as one man likes DOTA. The answer is not to fight it, but to beat it in the way youd beat an addiction. Make maps that are similar but less rigged and such. Slowly drag them off DoTA :shock: and then when theres only one person playing anything that even RESEMBLES DoTA anymore, theyll realize that DoTA has sucked all along and never go near it again. It will take months, no, YEARS, but it will work.

And the fact that they ban each other helps too ^^

Level 27
DOTA is very overplayed, but a good map. It takes a huge amount of effort to balance 74 heroes (I can't even balance 12 myself :oops: ) so even if there are imbalanced heroes (techies, gondar, magina, naix) I like it much more than most games.At least I've tried other games. What BNet needs to do is limit 3-8 DotA games per server at a time so that people will try other games! And the banlist, that thing is sooo retarded. If people really care that much about a f**king game, then they have issues. I'm one of those people who don't obsess about the game, just find it entertaining while I'm not skinning, modeling, or map making. That's all. I like the idea of a rival map... But all the good ideas have been taken... Too many LotR maps, too many TDs, too many games like DotA... I tried making one that was original, but I'm a fairly bad map maker... So it didn't work out.
--donut3.5--
P.S. I went to wikipedia today to observe the DotA spread and my results were:
A 2 page section on DotA, which was bigger than yeast, or even bigger than some famous people. That made me laugh. Then cry at the world's f*cking obsession to DotA. Nothing wrong with moderation but...

Level 2
i've played dota and everyone was childish, they couldnt accept reponsability for anything it was funny

narrator dude (rip off of unreal tournament):double kill
me:yay extra gold
victim1:lucky ur a NOOB u suk and my team suks thats y died
me:take the blame for once god......
victim2:ur hero riged i was at ful then u attack once and i die
me:there was 4 of us i chained and got u 2.......
victim1 leaves
victim2:NOOBS
victim2 leaves

that was my dota experiance
note:"chained" i was litch and it was chain frost

Level 9
Is it a Dota problem or american problem ? :

Europe :

bn.jpg

Level 3
dota

what are u talkin about dota being "rigged". its not rigged at all. its compleately fair there is not 1 thing rigged about it. I think its fair i dont see whats so rigged about it. but i do agree that the ammount there is should be taken down a few notches.

Level 9
Mapmaster-1-bak said:
Okay you guys. You arent thinking in the right way...
We shall never win, as long as one man likes DOTA. The answer is not to fight it, but to beat it in the way youd beat an addiction. Make maps that are similar but less rigged and such. Slowly drag them off DoTA :shock: and then when theres only one person playing anything that even RESEMBLES DoTA anymore, theyll realize that DoTA has sucked all along and never go near it again. It will take months, no, YEARS, but it will work.

And the fact that they ban each other helps too ^^

lol other ben just host your hero arena map wich seemed quite fun but i couldnt play with you since i lagged out >_<

Level 9
"stop hosting so many and just join one people, Or Host better games."

U know that people host because they want to play it ... so why do they stop hosting it ? :roll:

And host better map.. did u play it seriously ?
You don't have to tell what people have to like.
I don't like football, so i will tell people to stop play it because i think basket ball is better... :roll:
If u want to play others games, just go and shut up and if u want to play better map, host it and dont tell me u can't because all is able to host if he want to.

Level 2
If you ask me, DOTA ALLSTARS is a very stupid map! There are way better maps than it!Personally I found about 20 better maps for 30 min in this portal !

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE

Level 3
DotA is over rated. There are plenty of good maps made by amateur map makers that no one has even looked at because they play it why talking to themselves. I was in a few DotA games, lately, and all they do is basically play it. They don't talk. Ever. It's like they've made DotA bots.

Level 4
1. Abriko stop thinking its so f***ing easy to host, I tried five times with help from an advanced member of warcraft. It eventually messed up my router and I needed to get a new one.

2. The solution is not going to be making better maps, the players will still play dota and our problems will still not be solved. With lack of players the newer maps wont have enough people to play and warcraft will still be on the edge.

3. If we like warcraft WHY THE H*** WOULDN'T WE PLAY IT?!!!!

Level 9
1. Take informatic lessons..

2. People play dota because they like it, their choice. Respect it.

3. When u say warcraft.. u mean melee map ? A melee map is just an other map style. They like warcraft and they play it when they play a custom map..is ur choice is to think that the choice of others is a bad choice ?

Level 1
abriko said:
1. Take informatic lessons..

2. People play dota because they like it, their choice. Respect it.

3. When u say warcraft.. u mean melee map ? A melee map is just an other map style. They like warcraft and they play it when they play a custom map..is ur choice is to think that the choice of others is a bad choice ?

OMG just stfu, dota is a plague and who plays it is a zombie...

Level 3
Let me say that i was once a dota zombie wich played all night dota , then i realized that it's stupid to play so much a game , realy get a life , and in dota u just play like a robot in melle maps u have to think strategical in order to win , playing dota is like playing CS same obsesion

Level 9
"dota is a plague and who plays it is a zombie..."

What a tolerance ! And if anybody say "dota is not a plague and who says it is a zombie..." you reply what ?

THE question is not to know if DOTA is a good map or not, is to know if people can play what they want or not...

Question : what are u playing ?
(my future answer "your game is a plague and who plays it is a zombie..")

Level 1
I'm not saying that dota is a bad map, im just saying that it spreaded like hell and ppl keep playing it with same obssesion ... A little bit of variety makes humans feel good, its just what I think.
What would be of Ki's so called realistic life if sex and alcoholic drinks did not exist? :shock:

kidding hehehe...

Level 1
dude nastra..i was the first person too say "Dota is a plauge" lol..o and i can name 20 maps i like better then dota if u want :p o and i think i know how we can kill dota..by useing VG's "Are your sure you want to delete this map"? person..thing

Level 3
Me and my friends do not like dota, we think its sick and agree that it is a plague. We play mostly diplomacy games such as europa, genesis of empires etc. Its great to hear that so many people dont like dota either but it aint great to hear they cant host. I dont like the idea of people just going to northrend to play non-dota maps there because if some people do that then they might like a lil bit of dota and bring more dota there.

I plan on making a map to kill dota. This probably will not work but i am going to try. I plan to make this an AoS map. people may say "why make sum crappy AoS map, we dont want more of them." Well the plan is to firstly make a good map and people will recognise who you are. Then the second step is to make a different sort of type. The growing and temporary popularity i could get might make ppl think:"hey tis guy made that great AoS map so i will try his new style of it." And then they could possibly like it and tell their friends to host it or host it them selves.

Thats my plan. I am not going to run away, i am going to be a soldier in the war against dota.

Level 2
king, you should get a medal of bravery. I am making a map as well, kinda a mod(not actualy but..) that puts you back in samurai era. One problem with your plan,you make an AoS then they'll just go to dota. You need a twist, a REALLY big one like if you kill a hero you get an ability/item (your choice) from him and alliegence swings (your creeps attack you or their creeps ally with you etc.) UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU to join the MMAD (map makers against dota) army :lol:

Ki

Ki

Level 7
I plan on making a map to kill dota.

Likewise, I plan on killing Preschool Wars. Why? It isn't a very good map, but that's just my opinion. I am making it in a Medieval style.

But really, I don't think DotA is a "bad" map. It may be overplayed, but that doesn't make it bad. It may be hands down boring, but the variety of heroes and spells makes it good (in my opinion). The blame should be put on the wc3 hosts of today, the ones who never get bored of the same map. Honestly, people wouldn't play it repetitively if it was bad, but that's not to say that it's the best.

Level 2
If DOTA is such a great map, why doesn't it have an ending? Even the crappiest maps ever have endings; but not DOTA. There's no victory or defeat, you seriously have to quit the game to make it end. Doesn't that make you a "leaver"?

Personally, I hate DOTA. Its like a cult! Its the reason you can't host a new map on B.Net. There are a ton of better games online, and a ton of clones. What makes this one so special? Perhaps, I can see in Reign of Chaos (custom models, spells, etc.) but this is easily duplicated in Frozen Throne.

Level 4
well...after a time-out and reading your posts i'll tell u all about my DotA problem.

- I play it 1-2 times a day...its a good map i aggree pls play it...but dont over do it.
- Dota is spaming the game list...players leave and the more better bunch of gamers that really like quality stuff or more complex games have WoW ...and left wc3.
so the only way i can keep playing war is hosting other more fun maps...so i dont repeat my slef till i die.

This is a very serious problem since most of the players joining are DotA fans (since that is Bnets variety of games) they join my map...and they start asking stupid questions ...like: "how do i do that??", "whats that??". and sooner or later they do this... "Dam this map...im leaving"...and they do ...thats why the term "zombie" is being used....they will not try to understand a map.

they say to them selfs why would i waste 15 minutes of my life trying to understand a map while i can go and play my 15th game of dota today.

as LoashRa said: "My maps are not mad for battle net, They are made for playing with close friends wich u are sure they wont leave during the game or start flamineg, thus ruining it for everyone. Nowdays it is imposible to get someone to play a decent game on Bnet."

LoashRa is one of the most intelegetn being i know on this earth...his maps are pure genious...few but good maps. There are also a number of grate mappers out there too that have impresed me. And when one dose imprese me...i go on his map...and post a comment...

"congratulations on your wonderfull map, i loved it and so did my friends. Ur map will be forever added in my favourites and i will host it on bnet."

then the rest of the message is fallowed about advice on what he should add or fix. They usualy do fix and add what i tell em to :p ...witch makes me proud :) (eg: Moo Moo).

Im out :p

Level 3
You betcha if u cant host on wc3 then you screwd to play dota and be enslaved. At one point i was ready to give in and play dota but f**k that. I really liked the plan of getting alot of hosters just to host 1 map and because there will be so much of it ppl will think its good and play it. We seriously need to organise this. We should make a clan. What should be in this clan is only serious map makers and hosters. That way the mappers can work together to make all these different kick ass maps and the hosters will spam host. I also have the question of how did dota get so popular??? Do you think they just spammed it with like 10 hosters and ppl got into it? Possibly. Maybe its just the amount of heros. This must end this..disease of a game has gone on too long. Good job on Icefrog on editing dota but you can F**k off now iv had enuff of this spamming.

Level 10
Re: ...Lol let OZo2 do april fools jokes

Matt540 said:
Hmmm...interesting. Its not an april fools joke, yet it appears theres some white shaded spots near the end...as if...THE PIC WAS MODIFIED!!! Nice try, but im no idiot vg. DOTA is common, but obviously you said it wasnt an april fools joke back during that whole "site closeing" thing.

Not saying that it isn't real or anything, but, there are causes for the white spots on image, the whole JPEG format could cause that, he could also have it on a low video setting, or it could be a combo of the two.

Level 8
Sum1 shud make a thread on sites like the hubb, wc3campaigns, wc3anvil, maps n mods, etc calling all ppl who can host to come to a certain channel on bnet, make them download one map (with good replay value) and make them host it.
from all sites u should be able to gather around 20-100 ppl that can host, do that every few days and dota will be less popular.

Level 5
Warcraft III does not have a world editor so that someone will make a map and have everybody on battle.net play it repetitively for 10 years, it's for people to create new ideas, we cannot play the new games we make with other people due to the spammage of Dota...
"We play DOTA because we like it"
All I can say to that is 'STFU', we're tired of it after the last 3 years of that map being hosted. Go get interested in something else. DOTA is not the only map in the world.

Level 3
Dark Destroyer you keep the bloody good work. I agree with you 100%, iv had enough of this dota game. There are many versions and many different styles and maps of dota. Dota is a plain game where all you do is control a hero. That is gay. Only the cheap ass povo's who have no brain or no thoughts can only play this. For actual intelligent people this game is gay. If people were just smart and didnt follow the crowd im sure we'd have a great variety. We need a map which may equal dota. The dota community keeps getting bigger and bigger each day. We have to put a stop to this. I have even heard that the "malasian pc games woteva" had dota as one of their games they had a tournament game in. Thats a pretty stupid idea if you ask me. And of coarse... we go to the banlist. Only faggots who are crap and have to ban people to be good use banlists. Whoeva created the banlist is the biggest wuss and should be given the medal of shame. For they have created a program which bans people just because they might leave or you annoy someone else. To my understanding banlist and dota have a connection. I was in a game of dota once just to see how gay it is and at the start the host and some guy were like leveling up and all that(same lane different teams). Out of the blue the guy says "the host is a noob banlist him". Now like wtf??? The host has made a game for you so you ban him? in the game i admitted i was a noob and at the end we lost and i was talking with the same guy heres what we said:
---
Guy: My teams a noob
Me: Yeh i know im a noob
Guy: You shouldnt play then
Me: I play to have fun, mate
Guy: if you want to have fun go play with noobs
[And Guy leaves the game]
---
That guy took this game way too seriously. And Im sure he banlisted me. I think that dota has made alot of bnet people leave games if they are losing because alot of ppl i have noticed always leave. Like every game theres a leaver and i blame is fully on dota. All i can hope is that dota will never leave warcraft 3 or some day....we'll see..Dota the Movie.....
(Shudders)

Level 1
Even if i was to play DOTA (witch i wont...ever..) and i got killd once they would just say your a noob then ban me. i say we make a game that has all the elements (TD RPG hero arena hero defense ect. maybe AoS but i wouldent prefer it).

Status
Not open for further replies.