• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota LoD Bugs since Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hive,

This help request is intended for anyone who can fix, or can explain how to fix the following minor bugs in Defense of the Ancients - Legends of Dota (Dota LoD). Also, if anyone has access to an unprotected version of this map so that said bugs can be fixed, it would also be helpful. The main map used by the current players is: DoTA v6.85I LoD.

Ever since Reforged came out, there have been a few errors affecting Dota LoD and regular Dota, although the games are still playable. To summarize the issues at hand, a few hero icons are bugged such that the icons show incorrect heroes; and almost all skill icons are bugged such that they have a missing tool tip and icon image. For example, Bloodseeker has the icon of Medusa, and many skills have the icon of either a Caucasian man or an Asian girl with a missing tooltip. We could theoretically name to you all such icons, however there are so many to name I thought it counterproductive to do so in such a post, and I was hoping there could be a quick, catchall programming fix as opposed to many individual fixes for these errors.

Additionally, ever since Reforged came out, many spells do not have animations in Dota LoD and presumably also regular Dota. The spells themselves still work in terms of damage and other effects, however, nobody sees the animations. These are spells such as Lion’s Finger of Death and Tinker’s Laser, and a few others I will not list, for once again, I am hoping there is a catchall fix to this issue.

So, as you can tell from this description, Dota and Dota LoD are still playable, but there are a few errors ever since Warcraft III Reforged came out which effect gameplay and make it difficult for some individuals to play. For example, imagine in LoD ability draft if someone picks several active spells, all of which have missing icons and tooltips such that you have to remember or else guess which spells are off cooldown and which you are casting/clicking on, especially if some spells have overlapping hotkeys.

Our community (which consists of a b.net group with over 100 players) would be grateful if someone from the Hive could edit the map to remedy these issues or at least provide an unprotected version of the map. If you need us to isolate the exact icons and animations which are bugged, we should be able to oblige. A few b.net programmers gave some advice for possible fixes on the wc3 forum here: Dota LoD Bugs. Thank you for your time.

All the best,

ThePoet

Status
Not open for further replies.