• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Tooltip Missing ingame error

Level 23
I have a very strange error, occurred in my old map - "Pearl of Azshara". For some reason, all spells are shown with the default Sam icon and "Tooltip Missing". Only those, who in spellbooks, have normal tooltips and icons.
"Missing tooltips" spells are working, triggering all their effects.

In WorldEditor they have requested tooltips, however in the game - they have not. They were tested with both launching through WorldEdit and normal Wc3.
Also tested previous versions, and they somehow have the same error - I don't know how, I can truly say that they worked normally without that "tooltip" issue. I think that's issue comes from the latest Reforged patch, but I'm not sure.

How can I fix that?
UPD:
Editor:
1704655224016.png

In-Game:
1704655344882.png

Attachments

• Pearl of Azshara v1.07.w3x
    8.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Level 20
Alright, I could eventually load the map, can confirm the tooltip issue also happens for me, not sure why though.

I've noticed that you've filled fields like "Icon - turn off" even for spellbooks and Chain lightning while they shouldn't apply, have you tried leaving those blank? I doubt it's the cause but who knows...

I wanted to tweak that and test it myself but jesus the time it takes to save the map is just insane

Level 23
Alright, I could eventually load the map, can confirm the tooltip issue also happens for me, not sure why though.

I've noticed that you've filled fields like "Icon - turn off" even for spellbooks and Chain lightning while they shouldn't apply, have you tried leaving those blank? I doubt it's the cause but who knows...

I wanted to tweak that and test it myself but jesus the time it takes to save the map is just insane
I tried. I tried to refill it again. Nothing worked. This is the only map I have encountered such a problem.

Antares

Spell Reviewer
Level 21
It will load eventually, because I managed to load it anyway. Here's another version, it should load for you.
It did load eventually, after 15 minutes! :peasant-neutral: However, I'm on a potato pc right now.

Random idea, because I can't really test anything myself because of that: Have you tried saving the map in folder mode (and back possibly)? Maybe that will fix the icon paths or reveal something that's wrong with the files.

Doesn't explain the missing tooltips though.

Level 23
It did load eventually, after 15 minutes! :peasant-neutral: However, I'm on a potato pc right now.

Random idea, because I can't really test anything myself because of that: Have you tried saving the map in folder mode (and back possibly)? Maybe that will fix the icon paths or reveal something that's wrong with the files.

Doesn't explain the missing tooltips though.
I'll try, thank you. However when worked in folder mode, mostly I deleted my import and I needed to reload it from backups...
So now I'm working with normal .w3x mode.

Level 23
Update:
I managed to FIND reason why tooltips were bugged. It's all with that option in Map Options:
1705266337306.png

Disabling "Use custom ability skin" has returned tooltips for my spells for units, perhaps that was the reason for the whole problem. Maybe not.
Anyway - the problem was solved...

Attachments

• Pearl of Azshara v1.07.w3x
    8.5 MB · Views: 1