• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yeah, right....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The scene at Northend aint nearly as bad, maybe the people who hate dota should come Northend. Its only about 25% dota here at the maximum.

P.s: someone said about loads of ppl all flooding the servers with a diferent map . . . Can that be my map please :D ??? Ok, i guess not . . . :cry:

Level 3
We could use any map. Although it has to be balanced. Well made. Very good terrain. And all the other traits a map would have. A game I really enjoy is genesis of empires 2 (www.genesisofempires.com dl it there)although it is (in my opinion) the most complex game in warcraft 3. That isnt a bad thing. For me that is an awesome thing and i think it deserves an award. Norbo and Squashwell are working on AI and it will be ready version 2.0 (right now theres 1.6). so it'll be a while. I recommend you play this game with a few friends. You should try it because it is a well thought out game.
Anyways for the dota thing we must have a mad which has alot of killing and alot of stragety and players can be unique the whole game. I'l get back to you with an idea....

Level 9
What a stupid discussion... -.-
People are right to play dota even if u think it's a bad, plague, overplayed, crap, omg it kill brains..
What do u want ? Make people stop playing Dota ?
U don't have the right to tell people what they have to do.
And PLEASE stop say bullshit like "I plan on making a map to kill dota." There is like 10.000 who told that and did nothing...

Me i plan to open a topic about "Do we have to kill people saying to people what they have to do ?" ..... hummm .....no... i am not u, guys.

Level 5
^^^^
Refuses to get the point -_-
So you're saying:
Go ahead and allow B.net to be 100% DOTA, if people like it. You don't have to try different games, you can just kill Warcraft for all I care. We adore not having variety. OMFG democracy FTW.

I refuse to argue with a moron any longer -.-

Ki

Ki

Level 7
No, abriko is still right. It isn't a democracy as you call it. We arn't voting for anything. Rather, it is a simple freedom. Instead of argueing, why arn't you hosting another game if it is that important? I see that you are just complaining and taking no action. If your excuse is "I can't host", then my reply is yeah you can. Configuring a router or disabling ports in a firewall arn't hard tasks.

It isn't the game itself. It's the people who continue to host and join it. And most often, people join games they like.

Level 1
Yeah, right... it's people choice. Let them kill themselves playing dota 10 times per day. :evil:

Level 3
abriko and Ki,
Look fags im sick of you people saying "ohh people can do wot they want." "oh its freedom let them be free." Well freedom can go suck a d!ck. This isnt freedom. People are being forced to play dota because its the only game. So stfu if you wanna say freedom because people are being forced without realising they are. And the way this is going.. in a few years there wont be any custom games except dota and those ones which are asian and no one can read it. So guy f**k off. Im sick of dota. Im sick of being forced to play dota now and then. Im sick of people crying because people are better than them in dota. And im sick of people like Abriko and Ki who think everyone can do what they want. Because most people cant either because they cant host and dont know where to go for the info to learn it or because they are newbies and are mindless and have no other game to play.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
who think everyone can do what they want

Yep, they bought the game. Games usually offer some freedoms. Get used to it.

Im sick of being forced to play dota now and then. Im sick of people crying because people are better than them in dota.

Seems to me like you are one of those people crying.

Because most people cant either because they cant host and dont know where to go for the info to learn it or because they are newbies and are mindless and have no other game to play.

Who's fault is that? Here, I'll be nice enough to post the link for configuring routers:
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww01199p
It works with wc3 too even though it's on the WoW website.

All in all, you can't force people what to play and what not to play. If the newbies truely didn't like playing DotA, I think a lot of them would stop playing. A lot of people on wc3 do enjoy playing DotA. Do I really like it? Not one bit, but I can't force them not to play.

Level 9
The-King said:
abriko and Ki,
Look fags im sick of you people saying "ohh people can do wot they want." "oh its freedom let them be free." Well freedom can go suck a d!ck. This isnt freedom. People are being forced to play dota because its the only game. So stfu if you wanna say freedom because people are being forced without realising they are. And the way this is going.. in a few years there wont be any custom games except dota and those ones which are asian and no one can read it. So guy f**k off. Im sick of dota. Im sick of being forced to play dota now and then. Im sick of people crying because people are better than them in dota. And im sick of people like Abriko and Ki who think everyone can do what they want. Because most people cant either because they cant host and dont know where to go for the info to learn it or because they are newbies and are mindless and have no other game to play.

LOL what a nice guy.. u cant vote for him as President of Dota Player Killer Country... -.-

"People are being forced to play dota because its the only game."

humm.. go to a Game shop... and/or buy a brain to be able to host game...

"And im sick of people like Abriko and Ki who think everyone can do what they want."

WHAT a LOL .. dont tell me there is a guy who force u to say that ? no ??.. are u a guy who say what he want ?? OMG KILL HIM, KILL HIM, a guy who do what he want !!.. :p

..how old are u dude ?

Level 4
well king i think ur reaction was off limits ...because im pretty much sure we all hate dota that much ...but this is not a dota flameing post :).

And yes we live in a democratic world in wich the power belongs to the people....and there are more lame people than normal people. Dota is not the only problem, i would compare dota with a MMORPG if u ask me...just look at this example.

what u do in:
1) MMORPG: learn the basics
lvl
once u get the basics and ur a decent lvl start farming (farming: the repeting event of killing the same monsters or doing the same things for hours , days ,weeks to gain money to buy stuff for ur char)
Later u move to pvp and start killing with ur har worked armors.

2) DotA: Learn the basics
lvl
once u get the basics just play another game (for no reason...thought people do it just like farming...very very often and repetitive)

-I blame the people that sink so deep...and drug them selfs on games...Hell! i can actualy flame on darky and the most of the members for leaving war 3 to just far and continiously play wow :/ (see the point)
-the few people left that consider themselvs better...should just stick to what they know best.

Eg: 1) when i play a game i make so much fun of people and even my self...i end up laughing for hours and makeing fun of that event for weeks :))
2) map makeing
3) forum moderating
4) just talking on a forum
5) not being lame as the others
6) not dieing while playing a mmorpg ...because of not eating for 3 days =)) (true story)
7) killing people over stolen virtual items (true story)

i rest my case .... and look down on humanty... may the best stand up!!! and join me !!!

ssj2_Gohan said:
And yes we live in a democratic world in wich the power belongs to the people....

Ki, I recall It was you who said freedoms dont exist online? Now your saying they do? Why do people get so "oh freedom exists everywhere we have freedom of speech and opinion all day long!" I learned my lesson, Im sure you all (that includes ki) need to be taught on-line is more of a dictatorship.

ssj2_Gohan said:
I blame the people that sink so deep...and drug them selfs on games...

They like it, they can host it. Its none of your affairs.

ssj2_Gohan said:
i can actualy flame on darky and the most of the members for leaving war 3 to just far and continiously play wow

Can you? Yes. Can you flame darky? Yes! Will you get banned only .00000000002 nanoseconds afterwards? YES!

ssj2_Gohan said:
when i play a game i make so much fun of people and even my self...i end up laughing for hours and makeing fun of that event for weeks

Didn't you say earlier that farming and such was repetitive? Your a very strange man...

ssj2_Gohan said:
rest my case .... and look down on humanty... may the best stand up!!! and join me !!!

Pass. I follow the strong, not the small.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Ki, I recall It was you who said freedoms dont exist online? Now your saying they do? Why do people get so "oh freedom exists everywhere we have freedom of speech and opinion all day long!" I learned my lesson, Im sure you all (that includes ki) need to be taught on-line is more of a dictatorship.

That's not exactly what I said. Web designers who create a website, such as this one, can create any type of rules they want to. They don't have to allow you to access it or even say mild words such as "poop". The host of the site can allow people to say anything they want or go to the opposite extreme and post strict rules: the website is theirs. That's like you walking on my territory- I have the power to make you get off, let you stay, or make conditions on which you can stay.

This is much different. You pay for a game and therefore you have the freedom in how you play it as long as you follow the terms and agreements (although this isn't true in China). Freedom of speech and basic freedoms are very different.

Level 3
If i knew there was dota b4 i bought wc3 i would never have bought it. I didnt buy warcraft 3 to play dota. oh and btw i can host abriko. warcraft 3 is meant to be a game where u can play a variety of games. not just an aos all day long with sum BNET games to back up it. I want variety in the games list. I ,like others, have to wait ages to get a decent game. You cant be angry at me for being angry because you know its flooded so much.

Level 4
Matt540, sheep god!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:05 pm Post subject:
ssj2_Gohan wrote:
And yes we live in a democratic world in wich the power belongs to the people....

ssj2_Gohan wrote:
I blame the people that sink so deep...and drug them selfs on games...

They like it, they can host it. Its none of your affairs.

ssj2_Gohan wrote:
i can actualy flame on darky and the most of the members for leaving war 3 to just far and continiously play wow

Can you? Yes. Can you flame darky? Yes! Will you get banned only .00000000002 nanoseconds afterwards? YES!

ssj2_Gohan wrote:
when i play a game i make so much fun of people and even my self...i end up laughing for hours and makeing fun of that event for weeks

Didn't you say earlier that farming and such was repetitive? Your a very strange man...

ssj2_Gohan wrote:
rest my case .... and look down on humanty... may the best stand up!!! and join me !!!

Pass. I follow the strong, not the small.

They can host. they can like it. they are non of my affairs... errrr....thats exactly the point of all im saying...-.-

I dont consider darky such an evil person for banning me just cause im blameing people that play WoW day and night... u know people are the most iteligent being because the can judge there actions... i doubt darky would ban me for talking out my opinions <_<

I am talking about games in general... and laughing is a repetitive action , and so is going to school , and so is posting on this forum... only that im not doing my repetitive actions out of addiction :/

This is not a cult fell free not to share my belifs.

abriko
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:42 pm Post subject:
Nastra wrote:
Yeah, right... it's people choice. Let them kill themselves playing dota 10 times per day. icon_evil.gif

LOL is it a Dota problem ? no...
What about WOW, guildwar, warcraft3, lineage, starcraft, diablo, chat on net, TV ... ?

Congratulations!!! u got the point...first to understand

ssj2_Gohan said:
I dont consider darky such an evil person for banning me just cause im blameing people that play WoW day and night... u know people are the most iteligent being because the can judge there actions... i doubt darky would ban me for talking out my opinions <_<

Actually, he would. Freedom of speech and opinion isnt valid online. Basiclly, you may think you can voice your word but, for instance if you called...lets say deaddognogowoof a nucsance who constantly annoys and flames off people just for posting questions, tryinmg to enforce the "No asking questions via thread" rules (Which is kinda true...Read the voice thread in the site discussions for more info on that), You would get a warning for sure (like I almost did after being pushed to the point were i start flaming off).

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Freedom of speech and opinion isnt valid online.

Apparently you didn't read my last reply well enough.

Any freedoms can be given or taken away by the owners of the website. I still don't think you get it because you are switching between two extremes. In the topic a while back, I was only argueing that a website owner doesn't HAVE to let people talk however they want, although it can. This is a pretty simple concept... I still don't see what others don't get it.

Level 1
jeez what serever are u on theres alot of dota but not once on west have i seen everysingle game DOTA if u go to west just give me a whisper hell im the clan hoster : / i think the flameing in this thread is geting really out of hand :wink:

Level 1
lol

lol STOP PLAING STUPID DOTA ! REALLY STUPID SHITTY MAP..... STOP HOST IT america its free country so all maps need to be hosted, if you all playing only dota its not my problems its your problems couse you all dont know other cool maps.....

Level 1
i do belive u best select your words more directely then in directely..i have so many maps from the day warcraft 3 tft (and wc3 but not as much as tft) came out..it takes about 10 minitues to load all of my maps and then it takes about anthor minitue to acctuly host it (and no this is not my internet connection this happens in and out of battle net) and america is not free -.- i cant go just kill some one and get away with it becuse i say im bored?

Level 10
Vincent Valintine said:
And america is not free -.- i cant go just kill some one and get away with it becuse i say im bored?

I can.

or at least I could in Oblivion... ahh... good game...

All right so DOTA is a problem. Thats one thing we can all seem to agree on. Now we've had many suggestions on how to stop the evil dota overlords. I say we make a new, completely awful map and name it something with the short form of "DOTA". Then host a lot of that so people are all like "zomg what is this &*%$?". I think it'd work. At least all the new people to war3 would hate it, which would destroy the next generation of DOTA players. It may take some time, but I believe it will work...

-Teld

p.s. Ki and VGSatomi are probably the best debaters I have ever seen o_O. They should run for government I think they'd be great.

Level 10
abriko said:
ALL agree about Dota is a problem ? ... NO

The problem is people like u who don't understand that people can play what they want and that's it.

lol I find you funny :p I know people can play what they want, I understand that. I just dont care. Please, if you want to debate try to get better at it. Your grammar is bad and your points are illegitimate. At least Ki can word his properly. Anyways thats not my point. People can play dota if they want to, but when it becomes the only game available it gets out of hand. Everything in moderation.

-Teld

p.s. If I offended anyone I'm sorry, just trying to make a point.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
It is very natural for most people at this site to consider DotA a bad game. Why? Simply because we hope others will play our maps and use our resources; the motivation for all modders is essentially pride. The pride is taken away by DotA when we have strived to put together a map and see it get crushed by the very popular AOS game that everyone seems to be addicted to.

For this reason, I can understand why people here are outraged. A modding community's natural reaction would be to hate it.

When looking at a situation, I always attempt to observe it from other points of view before my own. I have the ability to make mistakes, so therefore I am always aware that I might be considering my position before another's. I mean let's look at the facts. If they didn't like to play DotA constantly, they would stop playing it. If hosters didn't like to host DotA, they would stop hosting it.

I can agree with you that this DotA phenomenon is ridiculous, but I cannot agree with you that it should be destroyed by force. If anything, a person should desire to create a map to compete with DotA's "fun level". Either that or download maps from this site and host them. You have the choice.

Level 10
Ki said:
It is very natural for most people at this site to consider DotA a bad game. Why? Simply because we hope others will play with our maps and use our resources; the motivation for all modders is essentially pride. The pride is taken away by DotA when we have strived to put together a map and see it get crushed by the very popular AOS game that everyone seems to be addicted to.

For this reason, I can understand why people here are outraged. A modding community's natural reaction would be to hate it.

When looking at a situation, I always attempt to observe it from other points of view before my own. I have the ability to make mistakes, so therefore I am always aware that I might be considering my position before another's. I mean let's look at the facts. If they didn't like to play DotA constantly, they would stop playing it. If hosters didn't like to host DotA, they would stop hosting it.

I can agree with you that this DotA phenomenon is ridiculous, but I cannot agree with you that it should be destroyed by force. If anything, a person should desire to create a map to compete with DotA's "fun level". Either that or download maps from this site and host them. You have the choice.

Well said. Yeah I guess trying to force Dota out wouldnt really work anyways. My bias really isnt with the game though its the people that host it. I just cant stand all these "banlists" and stuff >.<. In reality, they shouldnt use it. It is against the terms of agreement after all. Yet its more blizzards fault or whoever runs B.Net for not enforcing it. I cant say I'm a big fan of AOS style maps either but hey some I find really good. I understand other people feelings and concerns on this matter. I just find the amount of times DOTA is hosted is ridiculous. It's like having a favourite song that gets played again and again and again over the radio. After awhile your bound to get annoyed by it.

-Teld

p.s. My motivation is LAN, I dont enjoy playing online as much as Lan. The people are nicer lol.

Level 3
abriko said:
lol I find you funny :p I know people can play what they want, I understand that. I just dont care.

.. Nice, now i see what kind of people you are all anti-dota. Just stupids kids crying who don't want to know how the world works.
Listen to me, Dota will always win against stupid people like you.

Hahahahahhaha Abriko your so funny ahahahaha.. NOT. Abriko, The real kids are the ones playing dota which dont like change. Change is always happening(in our case should be happening but not). And f**k you dude. No way DoTA will F**king win. Teldrassil seems to be a smarter guy than you because he seems to know what his talking about unlike you. I'm not giving up on this war on dota. I'll fight DotA until it's gone or until I stop playing warcraft 3. And you betcha im f**king anti-dota. Wtf are you?? Slave of DotA? DotA ass licker?

Level 9
The-King said:
And f**k you dude. No way DoTA will F**king win. Teldrassil seems to be a smarter guy than you because he seems to know what his talking about unlike you. I'm not giving up on this war on dota. I'll fight DotA until it's gone or until I stop playing warcraft 3. And you betcha im f**king anti-dota. Wtf are you?? Slave of DotA? DotA ass licker?

Fuck me ??
And you betcha im f**king anti-dota. Wtf are you?? Slave of DotA? DotA ass licker?

LOL What a nice guy... thank u, i don't have to work hard to demonstrate people who want force dota to kill himself are just stupids kids... U make it very good.

Ki said:
The pride is taken away by DotA when we have strived to put together a map and see it get crushed by the very popular AOS game that everyone seems to be addicted to.

Yeah...This is the only quote I agreed with you on ever Ki. You got a point...Though it thought most of the projects here were campains. I do hope this plague will end though; Its really hard to host a kirby's quest game when DOTA just sucks up and takes in its power.

Ki said:
the motivation for all modders is essentially pride

Prove it.

I see the motivation is to help out others who need their resources. See that forum right above the news discussion? Thats right...ITS THE REQUEST FORUM!!! Modelers come from around the world, just to come help. They accept the model, then work to help it. Then, later when its used, if the map is big, there is huge popularity to the person. So glory or assisstance is how I see it.

Ki said:

Well make dota rip-off, like everyone else! Simple.

Ki said:
If they didn't like to play DotA constantly, they would stop playing it. If hosters didn't like to host DotA, they would stop hosting it.

Its not possible to make everyone hate dota. At least 1 person will contain love for it,. then he hosts it in a hosting tour...people host it...people host it...

Ki said:
Either that or download maps from this site and host them. You have the choice.

Is that even possible?

The-King said:
And f**k you dude. No way DoTA will F**king win. Teldrassil seems to be a smarter guy than you because he seems to know what his talking about unlike you. I'm not giving up on this war on dota. I'll fight DotA until it's gone or until I stop playing warcraft 3. And you betcha im f**king anti-dota. Wtf are you?? Slave of DotA? DotA ass licker?

Im smarter than anyone on this site you all! I just discovered it! You know why? Cause, judging from the kings constant swearing and such I determined, without looking at his pic, that he is...4 YEARS OLD, JUST LIKE ONE OF THE NUMBERS IN MY NAME!!!

My point:

Dota sometimes can be a fun game. Its not that its the best. I like some dota clones like orcs vs humans or fft. I just dont get how it spread so fast as a wild fire with all these people being flamed and insulted so much.

Level 9
Question : all stupid anti-dota who tell making a map to kill dota .. what does it means "kill dota" ? Make an map able to make people stop playing dota, because the second one is better and all people will be addicted ? Make the hoster host only this map ?

... and make stupid people crying because the second one is overplayed ?

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Prove it.

I see the motivation is to help out others who need their resources. See that forum right above the news discussion? Thats right...ITS THE REQUEST FORUM!!! Modelers come from around the world, just to come help. They accept the model, then work to help it. Then, later when its used, if the map is big, there is huge popularity to the person. So glory or assisstance is how I see it.

Do you know how many requests are taken care of? Not many. I think the only reason that a person would do a request is because he/she ran out of ideas. If not, then the person who completes the request usually wants credits.

Well make dota rip-off, like everyone else! Simple.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are a lot of DotA rip-offs. DotA's very popular website reassures everyone that they are downloading the right map. Also considering that a new version comes out every so often, it would be hard to get people to join a lower version of the map.

Its not possible to make everyone hate dota. At least 1 person will contain love for it,. then he hosts it in a hosting tour...people host it...people host it...

I think you missed my point. They don't host a game because they hate it. A lot of people do love the game, but it's just that on this website you are more likely to find those who hate it.

Is that even possible?

Yes, you click on the Map name next to "Download this Map:". You next step would be extracting it to the Downloads section of your Warcraft III directory. Open up Warcraft III. Enter battle.net, then click custom game. Finally, you go to "Create Game" and search for the map you downloaded. Host the game.

I just dont get how it spread so fast as a wild fire with all these people being flamed and insulted so much.

I think this is due to the fact that it has an incredible amount of heroes to choose from. Most games offer much fewer. And with the insults, people use the same strategy everytime. Let's say they win 5 out of 5 games using Hero X and getting Y items. Rationality tells them that they are going to win again the next time they play, so they are sure to take advantage of DotA's balancing problems by calling others names like "noob".

Level 10
Ok I honestly have no idea how to reply to anything Ki says, and you Abriko? I just wont even bother, complete waste of time. I have no respect for those that need to turn a three letter word into a short form. I mean come on, is it so hard just to type "you" now adays? Now I'll attempt to get this straightened out. If you dont agree with any of this then... well... go drop a nuke on a french danish in africa for all I care.

The mass hosted Dota is annoying
Dota is a decent game
Banlists are bad
monkeys are not oranges
Everyone has the right to play what they want
Trying to force DOTA out will not work
Just let them kill themselves off, like emos

If I'm forgetting anything just say it and I'll edit and add it.

Level 9
Ki said:
I think this is due to the fact that it has an incredible amount of heroes to choose from. Most games offer much fewer. And with the insults, people use the same strategy everytime. Let's say they win 5 out of 5 games using Hero X and getting Y items. Rationality tells them that they are going to win again the next time they play, so they are sure to take advantage of DotA's balancing problems by calling others names like "noob".

I'm agree with Ki on all points, and there is guys who will say "i'm imba, u noob" because they take always the same hero and same tactic.. but it's not a dota problem...this kind of people exist in all games.In warcraft3, they're making 100 games and 100 times the sames strategy and race.. it's not a new thing. But in DOTA, to don't meet this kind of people, it's so easy.. just choose AR games, or better : DM AR games ^^

Level 10
Exactly! those people annoy me so much but people that actually enjoy playing the game have no power against these players. Even those that have the power to stop them, choose not to, though they lose more customers by not confronting this then thay gain. Like in that Roman game Satomi was talking about in a previous thread. I would love to see these sort of people have their bnet privlages revoked for a week or two, in the least. In fact, I'm just coming back from playing with one of those guys >.<.

-Teld

p.s. It's also starting to get off the Dota topic, and I'm not going to comment anymore on this thread. If you want to contact me just PM me ok guys? ok.

Level 1
I am a DotA player, and I find what you all say about PUBLIC DotA players are true. Believe me, these kind of players exist all over tha place, and they always say the same thing. But to say that some of the heroes are IMBA and are cheating or whatsoever is untrue, because there is always a counter for everything for the new version of DotA. For one, I would congratulate IceFrog for doing a better job than Guinsoo in balancing.

DotA should not be criticised because of how the PUBLIC players behave. The map itself is a decent one, and require a good amount of communication and teamwork. For us INHOUSE players, I daresay most of us are respectable and we ultimately play it for good fun, not to go around trash talking other people. Like I said, PUBLIC GAMES, or as the DotA people call it, pubbies, are the bane of all DotA. In Azeroth, people cluster over to Clan TDA's channel to get good inhouse games of DotA because they want to get away from this pubbie nonsense.

Level 1
lol

Man i am just trying to talk you all about that problem named "DOTA" . Ok server battle.net ITS A FREE AREA so all maps must have a chance to be hosted.... so its a big problem FUCKING DOTA.Fuck this stupid map.... i know other better maps and becouse this i hate Dota,its not my problems if you all plaing Dota everyday from morning till down...

Level 3
Dota i agree is a good map , but ppl have become so obsesed they stay until 6 am to play , out of the people who play on bnet 70% play dota , it isnt about if it is a good map or not , it is just obsesive

Level 1
I honestely think that dota would be better if it was olny hosted a small ammount and not taking up every single player the game is FUN but it has bin here for so long and its just not fun any more (CLEARLY this is just my opinion becuse i could say this on B net and they would all pretty much stare at me..and a couple would agree) even a minimum of 7 games of dota would be fine in my book this game isint leaveing any room for diffrint (and funner games) games but at the moment there seems to be nothing we can all do but host diffrint games (and for the people who cant host can just join the ones that do host diffrint ones) eventully there will be some way to lower the ammount of people playing dota (also on a side note i think dota is turning alot of people in to jack asses that ban u when u join and think there the best)

Level 3
Defence of the Ancients [DotA]

This Game has been patched and updated and nerfed and made by many guys, the game is so good and famous that its taking over the whole custom list on bnet, DotA has been thinking for LADDER GAMING, this is the most lolled thing ive ever heard, go RT DotA 3n3 ??? 8DDD OMG

Level 5
I agree that the DOTA massing is getting annoying, since there are plenty of better maps out there. Another part of the problem is the people who play the game, which to put it politely are mega jerks. However, I do have an idea for a "DOTA killer" map. My goal is to make a map that is both popular and superior to DOTA. To acheive this, the map will have to be strongly balanced, have deep gameplay, and yet be very easy to learn so that newbies can join in on it. Also important is a comedy factor that makes the game funny to play.
-Concept: A hero arena map called "Ultimate Showdown." Essentially, this is an arena in which completely random and over the top heroes (8-12 players) duke it out for supremacy. It is based on the classic internet cartoon "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny." Here is a sample of the hero concepts I've come up with.
-Heroes: If custom models will be used for each hero, there should be a max of 12 heroes. Each attribute will be equally represented. This is a small list of some of the hero ideas.
1. Godzilla (Strength). Pros: Strongest hero in the game, highest HP, and his melee attacks have excellent range. Cons: Low intellegence and he's slow. Has the trademark Godzilla powers as his spells.
2. Mario (Strength). Spells include the super mushroom, fire flower and star man (ultimate).
3. Sonic (agility). Let's face it, if Mario is in this game, then you have to have Sonic as part of the eternal video game rivalry. Spells include Sonic Wave, Homing Attack, Sonic Wind, and Super Form. Pros: The fastest hero in the game, good at attacking multiple enemies at once, has one of the better ultimates. Cons: Low attack damage and spells tend to do little damage.
4. Chuck Norris (Strength or agility?): Pros: Devestating at close range. Cons: All of his abilities require melee range to work.
5. Batman (Agility or intellegence?)
6. Gandalf the White (Intellegence).
7. Abraham Lincoln (Intellegence). An undead president wielding an AK-47 (you have to see the cartoon to get it.
8. Optimus Prime.
More details will be in a later post if any one wants to see them.

Level 1
lol??
its have the problem.... NO CUSTOM MODELS OF HERO for(Lincoln,Sonic,Mario,and TRA LALALALALA ) its not be realistic!its a big problem!

also ARENA its not a perfect type of map....

Level 5
yo guys why dota is soo fun?

to many dota servers
its insane how poeple play it

1st of all.... dota aint THAT FUN!
2e: people play to much the same maps that they know it by heart and they exacly know what to build and what to do...in green td evry on is buidling the same 3 towers! wow is that fun!! thats not even a game no more its a drug..people just repetly play the same map for no reason...people ARE SOO ADDICTED!!

Level 2
well, what is the discussion about? :p The new DotA version WILL appear and people WILL play it, if it will be interesting to play. "the DotA zombies" theory is just stupid -_-. Yes,there are Munchkins in MMORPG that farm for hours(months,years... :wink: ),but in game when all you get is win and a few "OMG STFU n00b!" cries from losers :) ...
people play DotA because it is, at present moment, the most worked on and professionaly-made map in WC3... making new types of gameplay now is not so easy... well, JASS will give some new types... but it will be just cosmetic changes.

now i am working on map inspired by MtG: battlegrounds :? well, will it work against DotA? who knows :roll: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.