• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yeah, right....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Europe ? April Fools Day !

VGsatomi, the same happens all day in europe, all the time you can join
a DotA-Game (all parameters are avaible :wink: ) It´s some kind of invasion,
it´s took the hole planet :D

-Elvorith

Level 5
Ha see, i made a little post in the maps section saying we all need to plug wc3sear.ch and let people know about the site as the older generation of wc3 have gone to world of warcraft. and the generation dont know where to look or may not even know sites like this exist. I would have my screen name as www.wc3sear.ch but im not sure if its aloud plus i imagine darky might be annoyed if i didin't ask hiim first.
more people to the site more different map no more DOTA!!!!!!! YAY

Level 7
whether the screen is modified or not doesnt matter
Today is april fools day but that doesnt mean that it is forbidden to mention real things

On Northrend its from time to time quite hard to find a non-dota host and I already had multiple dota only server lists.
And as you can see the list of servers in VG's screen is longer just the part which is viewed is dota only.

What i want to say:
Its time to get the player off dota on multiple other maps, there are enough good maps and if there were more hosts they would be played more often, i think.
I mean, this community is really huge and if someone would organize tournaments on other maps it might attract more players...

Level 2
WOW , vg that picture is quite accurate. today i just logged on and thats all i saw dota. and its not just today, but through out the whole week, its dota all the time. its sad that people fail to realize there are other more fun maps out there. but then again dota delivers what most people want, mindless killing, get imba items, kill more, get more damage, and annihilate. GG :x

Level 2
ahhhhh the swarm of the dotas...... *dies*.....
dota is a epidemic, people should host good games like stronghold and DORP even... the horrible maul invasion of last year wasnt this bad.....the death count is geting close to 2000 and the non-dota game count (per refresh) is about..... 2(and they're TOBs) :cry: ...dota is a rip off of AOS (aeon of strife for those who dont know) and have hardly any originality in the items or the spells... i have several friends that like dota and i am trying to stop them from playing said blastfammy :twisted: , it ruins warcraft... i stoped goin on battle net now cause of it, now im playing battle for middle earth 2 (like wc3 but lotr and dotaless) if any dota lovers read this... STOP PLAYING IT it kills brain cells im serius :shock:

Level 8
Its crazy...

I know DOTA is a cool game that is hosted on b.net every couple seconds.... but thats just overkill. I mean like, everyone in my neighboorhood played it was interested in it for 5 seconds before quitting and going to something else...

Level 2
it seems that dota dominated everything. at first i loved dota but after a year of it, i got fed up and stop already, it sucks :x.

Level 2
Hosting is exactly the problem. People that might want to host other maps don't know how to configure their router/firewall which Blizzard has a tutorial for in their tech support section on their site.

But poeple don't want to wait the 2 minutes for someone else to join for balanced teams. When I want to, I have to wait a half hour for enough people to join a game when I host. It is mostly DOTA players still playing on Battle.net.

Level 3
Some day Dota will have to die.
Noob: Why will it die?
Me: Becouse it can only be updated so much untill it can only become balanced and once its balanced no one will play it any more.
Noob: Why would they not play it if its balanced?
Me: The reason its played so much is becouse the morons who play it enjoy the rush they get when there rigged hero kills another rigged hero. When it becomes balanced it would require more skill than the right item combos to win the battle. and most people have no skill at all. If they did then they would be playing melees or other maps that require microing and not just over powered items mixed with crit and ww.
——————————————————————
Now let us bow are heads to pray that one day DOTA will die and never be heard of again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Dota allstars is a good map but for 1 reason.
ITS PLAYED TO MUCH!
Its played so much you even get noob bashing!
Pro dota players host or join a noob only or no pros game just to win.
If you have not played dota allstars since the first version its pointless even trying to start since you will always be banned for being a noob or be kicked for dl or be owned by pros.

I played dota once or twice and the people I played against said I was MAP HACKING due to the fact was that they thought they were all so pro and could not lose when I was playing with a slightly overpowered hero in an older version so I was winning.
They banned me for dropping after they dropped, LOL, saying "BYE noob hacker ill rm and ban him saying he dropped and we won".
Note this is the banlist program not a Battlenet ban since they knew very well I definatly was not hacking just they were to humilated to say ah shit that hero is IMBA so they banned me for their games and a few other people's games.
People who play DotA can not even take a defeat they ban the people who defeat them.

DotA although is a good map is NO WHERE near as good as EotA.
DotA does not even have AI nor even 50% of it's spells vary with stats.

Level 1
The main problem these days is to find other players who want to try out anything. I mean, i host some of my favourite maps regularly on B.Net. Mostly 1-2 people join eventually. One usually leaves after he sees, that the download won't be done in 10 seconds. The other leaves after no one else joins. And what happens if i get a full house game? One leaves since he only wanted to have the map, the next 3 leave because they don't do so well on their first time on a map (a behaviour that comes from Dota as far as i know), the rest gets pissed since teams are uneven etc and leave too. And go back to play Dota instead.

I think other hosts who experienced similar events understand why you sooner or later loose the will to host any maps...

I mean, i play that Dota from time to time too, but in my opinion it ruined the playing behaviour of many many people playing Online. I mean when in a game of Dota someone does not do so well, he leaves. And Dota is on B.net for such a long time that many just know it too well and are afraid of trying out something new. I mean, before Dota existed the diversity of hosted games was so huge (back in the old Reign of Chaos days) and rapidly declined with the development of that map.

I mean, don't get me wrong, i like to play it too, after all it is a well developed map. But in my opinion it changed the behaviour of most players in a really negative way.

Nevertheless, i continue hosting. If anyone likes to play some different maps just PM me on Northrend. I am open for anything.

Level 4
I played dota for about a week three months ago. It was just so screwed up and majorly unbalanced. There are too many heroes and a large heft of them suck and have crappy spells. In the time I played I noticed three things, One: Unless I'm mistaken the map's advanced qualities are minimal. There are two or three skins/models, low amounts of triggering and the map is too basic. Two: Some heroes are better than others, like the tauren caster was five times better than the wolf hero. Three: There are way too many dotas being hosted, I mean I tried playing almost 3 months ago and it was pretty bad. Now it's just f***ing ridiculous.

Personally, I think that we need more experienced map makers and more publicity for hosting and better games.

Level 7
Dota is pure bs

There are some heros that are crap, and these other heros that are just pure friken imba, like this one sniper hero has a 2500 ranged ult, that does 800 damage and has no cooldown as a clannie said. We were doing a plotlighted map marathon and dota is such a joke.

I count stop laughing as one playing this bladmaster slaughted all 3 of us standing at the fountain at full hp using a targatable omnislash spell. Were were dead in seconds. The hero i randomed was some revnent with unholy frenzy, chain lighting, unholy aura and some immolation spell, which could do nothing against the bladmaster and sniper who killed me in seconds from full hp

People play it so they pick some imba hero to 1-3 hit kill heros that cant do anything to stop them

I have also lost the will to host games public, expecialy AoS maps. People go is this like dota, and if they dont like it or die once they leave.

Ive seen my game list flooded by dota games aswell, and i relly wish blizzard would give us a filter to filter out map names like dota......

hehe fun rant

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Honestly folks, I don't think its DotA's fault. Aside from the fact that IceFrog may have stolen it, I say its the hosts' fault. I really wouldn't go bashing DotA because its the main custom game on wc3. If hosts were smarter, I am sure there would be a better variety of games.

Level 5
Well im not really against DotA, and im not saying its good, but i still play it every now and then. The main reason i think people play DotA is the fact that they get to kill people(now who doesn't like killing other people without getting in trouble?). If they kill someone it makes them feel better? I don't know.

Level 8
As a Betatester, I must say i am very angry at the oe who hosted it. We spent a lot of time in testing, and one leaks this version. btw, it wasn´t the most actual version and the most things which were called imba are changed, anyway afaik.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Dota is only good due to the fact it has had effort put into it, has a item system. and has some trigger based spells.
Balance and DotA? is that an oxymoron?
Dota is only balenced due to the fact that the all random mode means its a flip of a coin for you to get a sucky or ownage IMBA hero.
This still does not mean its balenced by far.

I still host good maps but if people will join them that is another question.

Maps that I am comonely hosting are.

Genisis of Empires 2
A very cool empire builder PvP.
The use of multiboards in it is revoultinary and the building system almost entrly runs on triggers.
Also unlike most empire builders has 4 diffrent peoples.
The map is recomended for people who like longish games and have a decent ability to micro.

EotA (comp stomp mode)
An AoS style map but is alot better.
Although its balence has to be questioned it makes up with it by having over 75% of its spells trigger based.
The map is so good it even has AI to control droppers and a item system worth mentioning.
The spawns each building spawns can be upgraded and special spawning towers can be added for extra power.
The game can even be held in 3 diffrent maps each with diffrent stratergic points and systems.
The map takes alot of procesing power and is not recomended for slow comps.
Still is good fun for fans of AoS and stratergy maps although skill in AoS maps plays a large role in how well you do.

Some map that I still needs to be made so that I can find out what it is try it and find out its good (ones allowed to dreem if im not mistaken?)

Alas thats all the maps im curently hosting due to that [censored] DotA stole all peoples will to make maps and that WoW stole all good map makers will to manufacture good maps for Wc3.

If someone wants an advanced analisis of a map just PM me with the map name and I will try to aquire / analyze it.

Equaly well if someone wants a non sucky PvP or non PvP map hosted on Bnet just PM DrSuperGood on northrend, azeroth or loderon and depending if I fell like it or think the map is half decent I will host it from my 1300+ maps I have.

Level 27
Meh, I kinda like DotA... Mainly cuz I suck at it... When I'm not modeling, I'm dota'ing.
I actually find it fairly balanced, some are imbalanced, but for the most part, it's being fixed slowly... Guinsoo was a lot better than Icefrog though...
I think it's fun, more fun than most games on battle.net, but yes, I agree... Sometimes, there is just too much DotA.
--donut3.5--

Level 10
Personally, I think dota is a decent game but its OVERPLAYED! my god, there are so many better games out there! :( I dont really have a problem with the game itself, its the people hosting it that annoy me. You will never be able to join a dota game if you dont already have the map, if you join a game of dota and do one thing the host doesnt like, or say get the wrong item at the start. You will be banlisted o_O. I also hate banlists but thats beside the point. Oh yeah, the april fools thing, lol I really dont mind, when I go online at times the game list actually looks like that. Bnet variety is going down hill, and Bnet maintenance could be a hell of a lot better.
-Teld

Level 4
At first, I always thought that DotA will one day get repetative and eventually no one would host it as much. Then we can see more varietys of other games. It seems I was wrong and probably there going to be hosted for an other 2 years or so. There is at least over 1000 DotA hosted everyday including in Asia, Europe, West and East. Things never going to change unless someone is willing to change.

Level 5
what we need to do, is make a map that can compete with DotA. DotA is a good game, but is overplayed. We need something that is completely different. A new type of game. And maybe, if everyone creates it, posts it on many websites, etc etc. it has a 1% chance of becoming as popular as DotA.

We need to start and anti-DotA map, that will be as popular as DotA in Bnet. this is getting ridiculous.

Level 3
Well I loved Dota for a fact I was still ownage with my cheap Crystal Maiden har har har. But since I went to WoW I find it boring especially after all the so called "balances" which pretty much ruins the game for me. GOD HOW I remember Skeleton King being SOOOOOOOOO CHEAP when I played against him, I always yell at the guy not to pick him lol. Yeah but let the noobs play their Dota untill they quit like I did. :) :wink: 8) :p :p :p

Level 8
here is the sulution to the ultimate question. "The DOTA Problem" well its simple you create the next version of dota then add a virus that deletes all the dota maps and then looks up the history on your warcraft and if you hosted it your comp fries then that does two things. wipes out any other people from hosting in and punishes the retarded host that keep hosting it over and over and over.

and acourse there are like 2 other kinds of games like dota so those who are having siezers becuase just lost there dota map can settle there addiction with some other thing like it.

Level 3
Xlightscreen said:
here is the sulution to the ultimate question. "The DOTA Problem" well its simple you create the next version of dota then add a virus that deletes all the dota maps and then looks up the history on your warcraft and if you hosted it your comp fries then that does two things. wipes out any other people from hosting in and punishes the retarded host that keep hosting it over and over and over.

LOL I like this idea! XD anti-DOTA virus ftw =)

Level 1
what server was this on? im on west and i swear..i feel like the olny one who hosts DIFFRINT maps..i have too many it takes like..10 mintiues too even select one of my maps lol..i hated dota when it was cool and when it wasent cool i found the game extreamly boring..olny one in a great while i play it..

Level 22
People should orginize hosting groups and host good maps,

Well, considering most "good" maps actually require brainpower to play, and considering the crowd you would be introducing them them to, I wouldnt expect them to get very popular. If "good" maps dont support the "I 733t pwnz0r j00!" aspect of the internet culture that has thrived in dota/b.net (yes, they are now the same entity), then they will simply drown and die, I'm affraid to say.
-VGsatomi

Level 2
Hmmm check me! check me ! Lets play a custom game!
OH DAMNED! ALL DOTA! Well lets give it a try...
playing.. playing.. *Hero Dies*!
Host : F*ck u, stupid noob why did u die ? 'blablabla' u are BANNED.
HeaL: Why?
Host: U died.
HeaL: And?
Host: U suck.
Host: stfu! 'host leaves'.
8)

Level 8
If the map is hosted often than its a guarantee that people will try it at least once, problem is that very little amount of people can actually host games, and those who can, host (mostly) Dota, they probably don’t even check the map list.

That’s why I think there should be a hosting community/site/clan that will host the good maps.
Then the people who join those games will tell others about the maps (maybe ask them to host it if they can’t do it themselves)

Also, People who play Dota are not that retarded that they can’t play any other map, Dota did'nt introduce the "1337" thing, its those who play it.

Level 4
I'm afraid viruses and map forums/ map creation wont work, mostly because they can re-dl the map and re-host it. Plus viruses would just make us look like f***heads we can make a better solution. I also think that creating new and better maps wont work because others wont follow sync if we play it. It's unfortunate that most dota players are playing cause they like dota and not because they want to follow suite.

It is also unfortunate that warcraft is reaching it's peaking point, or it will be at it soon if dota doesn't stop. If there isn't enough variety then all people will play is dota, and if not enough people play their maps. Mapmakers will leave warcxraft for other games.

I'm really sure that warcraft may be done soon because 2 forums that I have accounts on are inactive and are losing quality. Furthermore, the output of models and skins on this site is decreasing. There was a time when there were like 9 skins and 4 models every day. Now there are less then that in two days.

I don't think that there may be a solution to the ending of warcraft, everything does end eventually. Life is evolution and unless Blizzard upgrades warcraft with another expansion or the removal of the dota problem. I see that there be no way to stop the end of warcraft 3 TFT .

Level 3
dota

yes i know dota is taking over and it is a pain when u dont wanna play. but just think about it for a bit everyone. just think of how mad you are making icefrog (i think thats his name???) he made a good game. and the only thing you can say is how much its on the list. come on all you guys are map makers or would love to make a map that would be that popular (even tho like somone said there might have been like 200 games on that list to find a full row). u would just love it if you could make a map that popular. but then becuase somone who is bored of the game or plain just sucks or doesnt like it you got to look at it. if people dont like it then they wont play it. so there is a couple of options

1. play ladder never hurt u :D i know i do
2. host a game :? u dont have to play there games
3. do it the old fasion way maybe just wait for a game to appear or ask somone to host a game for you

im just like you some of the time i just dont wanna see any dota on the list at all. other times i dont mind. just try to get used to it. he made a good game people like it and thats that.

Level 4
HeaL said:
Hmmm check me! check me ! Lets play a custom game!
OH DAMNED! ALL DOTA! Well lets give it a try...
playing.. playing.. *Hero Dies*!
Host : F*ck u, stupid noob why did u die ? 'blablabla' u are BANNED.
HeaL: Why?
Host: U died.
Host: U suck.
Host: stfu! 'host leaves'.
8)
I do agree with this dota is getting overhand i mean i do enjoy playing it one or twice a day but not for like 8 hours straight. DotA is being played to much i remeber the time when i played and people would talk and laugh and just enjoy the game but dota is like all strictand mean they dont want you to leave (i.e)
player1: dude i pinged y did u die
player2: my dog is like dieng
player3: Let your dumb dog die and play dota
player2: its my dog dude he has a life just like you y cant u guys get a life outside your parents basement
player1: dude just play this game its just a dumb dog
player2: you guys are f***ing losers im out
(player2 leaves)
player1: bannned
player3: im out another game ruined
-game time 42:21-
(player 3 leaves)
(rest of other team leaves)
this has probably happend many games if player2 didnt leave his game in time his dog would have died :( but he left in time and saved him :D
(this is not a true story)
(and i know the ending is pretty corny GIVE ME A BREAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.