• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW3 Battle of the Gods V2.57

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
While looking through my maps, i found this one that i had made a while ago, while i was still a novice to map making. I worked on it and improved the Geography (slightly), but there is still alot to work on it. Keep an open mind while testing this, i have yet to add upgrades or effecient air.

It is the year 2021. A brutal and merciless war has begun as old rivalries respark, ingiting Europe in a blaze of war. Play as the USA, Britain, Spain, Italy, the African Union, the Arab League, Greece, Norway, Germany, Russia or Turkey as you wage economic, millitary or diplomatic warfare.

While all nations are different in their own respect, they each begin with a capital city and a small army- the goal is to expand as fast as possible and keep the momentum.

If you find any bugs/ want to compliment the game/ want to give suggestions/ want to give me deaththreats dont be afraid to comment.

Credits:
Kofi_Banan
Mr. Bob
Illidan(Evil)X

Changelog
V2.55: Fixed Medhiv bug, reworked terrain in all regions, added upgrades.

V2.57: Fixed Grammar errors, modified loading screen, worked on various bugs, added models, replaced lumber with Raw Materials.

Keywords:
ww3, world war, battle, war
Contents

WW3 Battle of the Gods V2.57 (Map)

Reviews
22:52, 8th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 7
Alright, time to answer some comments:
1. I will work on description when i have free time.
2. Interesting, ill look into that bug. It is supposed to give you lumber. Also, i said in description that i made terrain while still a novice at mapmaking, so its gonna take some time to remake all that.
3. To the two last comments, yes this is Europe. i know the geography isnt right. See explanation above. Besides, i made this map not for geographic or historical accuracy, but for gameplay.

Edit: Spotted the error, its the wharehouse thats supposed to have that ability, the comercial factory simply grants gold every minute or so.

Last edited:
Level 11
Well World War 3 is no easy task to make but here's what I got right now when playing this game

1. Grammar Errors
2. Icon Error (Main Battle Tank)
3. Raw Material is Lumber but it still says Lumber on top...
4. Make the team names work atleast (You can't have 2 USA and 2 Great Britains...)
5. Make some national (exclusive) units like Abrams Tank, Leopard 2 MBT, Paladin Mobile Artillery etc...
6. You can't say you cannot find any models for your map cause I see many models that can be placed in your map.
7. I was hoping with a title like Battle of the Gods there would be some kind of magic into it like Age of Mythology or something o well.
8. Rename some of the research... how can you research Modern Technology seriously?
9. Put some oil spots at least before I wasted my wood and gold on oil ships.
10. Already said but change Lumber to Raw Materials (by going in the Gameplay Interface menu under the Advanced tab)
wc3scrnshot043010191400.jpg

wc3scrnshot043010190932.jpg

wc3scrnshot043010190835.jpg

wc3scrnshot043010190720.jpg

Grammar Error list: Chineese Japaneese (Chinese, Japanese) Wharehouse (Warehouse), vaerious (various)

If you need help with anything just ask.

It is funny how this map sets in the future, yet the world depiction kinda looks like taken from a map of the middle ages
istockphoto_590878_ancient_europe_map.jpg

Anyway, that abrams tank model is awesome. But that is propably the only good thing i can see from this map so far, the trolls blend in really badly, and what's up with "research tower"? That doesn't make sense.

Level 7
1.See explanation above (again) for map.
2.You dont have the latest version, i made a new one replacing the models ofmany units, such as trolls.
3.I needed a name for a third research building, and i dont see whats wrong with the name. All youve done is jugde looks. WHy dont you try gameplay?

Level 27
Well, here's the gameplay issue: All the units don't seem to be so original. Actually they just have different damage/attack speed, hp and model. And cost. And you can win a game just by sppamming a lot of one type. And ideas how to make more differences between different units?
Oh, and here's the research names:
-Research Facility
-Research Center
-Research Complex

And terrain is really bad.

Level 7
1. Units tend to balance each other out. RPGs are great against a tank army with their high damage, but their low hp makes them weak against massed riflemen. Massed riflemen are in turn easy to slaughter with an army of machinegunners.
2. Alright, i will take those names into acount and forget them imediatly.
3. You all seem to enjoy bringing up comments that were already said/answered. I started this map when i was a novice at mapmaking, its gonna take a while to remake it all.

Last edited:
Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Rejected

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.