• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW rippen models discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after reading some old posts on this site, everyone is saying that WoW rips are against the rules, but I came across a comment from @Ralle saying that it is not, and I doubled checked the rules and I couldn't see anywhere where it is prohibited. can someone with more knowledge on this topic elaborate on it?

edit: ripped** I wish i could edit the title.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
One can also use Heroes of the Storm, Diablo III, Overwatch, and StarCraft II model and icon assets. Applies to both SC2 and WC3. Blizzard does not care as long as you do not try to use the assets outside of Blizzard games or try to claim that they are your own assets.

Be aware that due to technical and stylistic differences such assets might not fit well in either WC3 or SC2 if directly ported. Some manual touch up by a skilled artist is always recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.