• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proposed Model Section rules regarding WoW models

Do you like the suggested rules?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • I am a faggot

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before i post the rules i have come up with, i want you to clearly understand that these aren't being enforced, and the old rules are still up. Its up to Ralle and the Model mods.

Proposed rules for the model sections of THW said:
Pastebinned content HERE

Models are only allowed to be uploaded only if they and the textures used are owned by Blizzard Entertainment, and/or are custom and are not owned by any other company, and are completely ported to work on the game the section it was uploaded is devoted for.
->Wow models are allowed as long as it is not character models with weapons or any other gear, as they have to be uploaded in packs. Character models
---with weapons and/or gear must be requested from other people via Personal Messages.

Uploading a resource to a section will be rated by its (ORIGINAL RATING GOES HERE) and additionally how well it fits in the said section. If the number of faces is not enough to provide quality or is too much for said section, it is rejected.
->A model with too many faces can be uploaded to said section even if not fitting the previous rule by adding "[High Quality]" (without Quotation marks)
---at the beginning of its name. This rule only applies to models with a lower quality existing.
->A model will also be rejected if a part of the mesh of a model does not match with the rest of the mesh.

Keep in mind that these rules make it impossible for WoW models to be uploaded in Wc3.

/discuss and vote!

You don't get it. Why don't you get it. Wow models won't be uploaded to your friggin Wc3 model section. If you read it carefully, WORD BY WORD, you will realize that it won't allow WoW models in Wc3. BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOO MANY POLLIES FOR IT.

This rule is made mostly to allow WoW models, because both Blizzard and many others liked seeing wow models in sc2. Heck, you can even make awesome RPGs using them! Make a WoW RPG about XXXYYYZZZ, completely with WoW models, and the map actually looks awesome.

Level 17
My personal view is if a model is made for a specific game, it should STAY there.

On another note.. why on earth do we get these type of threads over and over and yet nobody speaks of Diablo and Starcraft models? Just food for thought. :3

Level 51
And you don't seem to get that Ralle has made a rule about wow models. We are actually not even allowed to talk abou them.
So why the hell do you want them to be allowed here??
If somebody wants them, they can find them elsewhere, but not here. It will just release a wave of stupid people spamming the model sections with wow models, and the moderators will get an overload of work.

Edit, i completly agree with skycraft.

If a moderator gets too much work, you don't force the users to upload LESS resources. You get more moderators. Moderators that aren't lazy fucks. Spammed? Yes, but with useful resources. Besides, its hard work preparing a model to be ported in Sc2, and to do it you require to do at least normal channels. Hell, it took me like 6 hours to get anathema and benedict up, which are simple weapons.

Also, to avoid clusterfuck resource spam, character models with weapons and armor are not allowed. Only plain character models, and all those in packs.

Level 51
But moderators aren't here to approve or reject dozens of models the whole day.
And how do you want to avoid that character models are uploaded alone? -> moderators = more work.

Btw, when you say it takes you six hours to rig simple attachments, it will take that longer for normal models, so less people will do it, so it is worthless to make a new rule for that.

Not speaking about the gingatic sizes of these models, wich will overload the server like wc3sear ...

Edit: and to ultimately prove my win, maps and mods aren't made by the models, it's the map itself that makes it good, just look for example at starcaft universe.

Fan, you clearly don't even have gone into the way Sc2 models work. There are tons of stuff you need to do when importing. And no, i am not talking about TGA textures, i am talking about serious texture fixing, alpha, and loads of other stuff. There's even Specularity to count. I have an archer i have been working for a week or so, and i need someone to edit the skin to give it alpha. I have been having problems with EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.