• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW is so boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
senseless killing.

There obviously isnt enough of this in here, or people wouldnt be complaining. Too much story line maybe? I think so. In this, your killing htat god dang wolf because you need to clear out the forest for the lumberjack, while in another popular game, the GTA series, you are taking out that old lady cuz you have a gun and you want to!

In conclusion, there is not yet eough sensless killing.

Level 36
Or not. Just because a hundred stupid women decide to leave their layabout husbands, it does not mean that ALL TEN FUCKING MILLION of the game's players are 38-and-onwarde aged balding men. The VAST majority of the players are in their twenties, no matter how many fucking 'widows' there are.

Level 2
End-gaming is the only reason most people play. The fact that the game doesn't end at the max level and is actually fun is simply awesome. In most MMOs I have played it takes years to get max level, in WoW it takes a couple of months. With end-gaming and everything WoW probably has LESS grinding than most MMOs. It is your own personal opinion if you don't like wow. I do not understand why you had to make a whole thread about it.

Level 15
If you waste a month or two of your life leveling to 70, you have what's called "internet addiction".

This is why it's better to go the route of a... special 'funserver', where it's insta-70 with places to get gear from to boot. Although PvP does get repetitive after awhile... you owned one Alliance, you owned them all, as they (I) say.

Level 3
private servers are illegal i must know it had an own wow private server and it's not really funny a normal blizzlike server from blizzard is really cool because there you must work for all the thinks and on a own private fun server is everything boring because you gonna drop every item and that is bullshit

Level 5
What's the big point in making a thread about how much you hate a game? Really strange actually. I thought this place was meant for discussions about WoW and not telling people that you think it's a bad game.
Oh and Spawn15025 PLEASE learn to use ".". It's very annoying when you have every sentence in one big bunch.

Level 12
And don't double post. Every time you double post Blizzard brings back a dead character back in an upcoming expansion.

Level 5
And don't double post. Every time you double post Blizzard brings back a dead character back in an upcoming expansion.

AHA! That's why there's so many "resurrections" now adays. I almost started to think that the npcs of WoW finally figured out how to go from the graveyard back to their corpse.

Level 2
Actually, you win as soon as you get him to 10%:

-Archimonde gets attacked by Wisps, which kill him automatically after 60 seconds

-Tyrande gives the raid a 60 second invulnerability

-Archimonde channels the World Tree (just an animation, no other effect). He also spams Finger of Death to no effect. Since reaching Phase 2 is an automatic victory, the only thing the raid has to accomplish is to bring Archimonde down to 10%

Besides all of the bosses in WoW being way to big, and the ONE boss in TBC that SHOULD be absolutely immense beyond imagining is the one boss that is slightly smaller than the rest... GG....

and besides his being invulnerable to damage during the whole scenario in WC3...

There was absolutely no mention, appearance or hint at the presence of the Eternal Dragonflight... which completely disregards the lore of the Caverns of Time....

the Raid should have focused on attacking the Human/Horde/Night Elf bases alongside the Scourge because the Dragons were protecting them, and then protecting Archimonde from being distracted as Malfurion got the Horn of Cenarius so things could play out properly...

As for WoW being boring. I agree... I played that game on and off for two or three years and, though it had amazing potential, it was never realized to any great effect. I did enjoy exlporing when there was still exploring to do, and i did enjoy doing instances with friends. But mostly, that game sucked. The focus on everyone getting the same gear was saddening. I always wanted to create a unique and interesting character, and WoW does not allow for that... The world was also way to small, all of the town are necessary to visit, there are no random towns in the wilderness (which really takes away from the warcraft feel) and the main characters are generally hard to visit, lazy and boring or barely a part of the game at all.

I miss what WoW should have been...

Admittedly, i still feel the lure of it, and i may get WotLK with my neighbor and play to 80 and make a new character, but i have my doubts... even he is bored of it... he has like, t5/t6 and a high level guild and 3 70s and like, four brothers who all have 70's and play with him... he has everything one could ask for in that game...

Level 27
The social aspect of wow is addictive;guilds and friends, those are the factors, not the actual game itself as grinding is a bitch. But personally i enjoy the game, i like its character, i dont find it "a peice of boring shit"

Euh, i always thought that the addiction came from the Items. Items here and items here, must have all items! You know...

Level 24
WoW is a fun game to some extent. However, I do also however think some aspects of the game is rather boring, such as leveling, even if it is necessary. Grinding, farming, getting ganked, dailies, farming rep, farming, farming farming.... "World of Farmcraft", I don't like it, but I know many other does, so I shall not flame it further, it is a great game, but an official ass-raper of lore.

Level 9
Blizzard rapes the lore in WoW because they can, because they own it. Even to the disdain of fans across the world.

The game is fun, but a lot of parts are tedious like farming, leveling, and dailies. (As mentioned.) And for those that say people playing WoW have no lives, that's true for a lot of the ones that do. But some of us are able to detach ourselves and have higher priority when it comes to stuff like parties and hanging out with friends. I personally would never give up hanging out with a bunch of friends on Friday to raiding.

Level 17
WoW is a fun game to some extent. However, I do also however think some aspects of the game is rather boring, such as leveling, even if it is necessary. Grinding, farming, getting ganked, dailies, farming rep, farming, farming farming.... "World of Farmcraft", I don't like it, but I know many other does, so I shall not flame it further, it is a great game, but an official ass-raper of lore.
All MMORPGs like WoW have some kind of grinding in it.

Level 9
Blizzard rapes the lore in WoW because they can, because they own it. Even to the disdain of fans across the world.

Newsflash nobody gives a shit about the lore neither the fans do, they want to Kill Illidan and Arthas, and not care why did they kill him.In short they want fat lewtz!

The only people that care about lore are Role-Players and we all know they're a bunch of No-lifers.

Level 36
Oh yeah, and regular WoW fans totally have lives too.

BS, if you play WoW PERIOD you tend to be a nerd and/or social outcast just because you devote so much time to a game. On the internet.

And it's generally not the fucking roleplayerss, but the fucking WARCRAFT III FANS that get pissed about the lore because they're seeing their favourite series get wrecked. The mass majority of WoW players have never touched WC3, and as such couldn't give a flying fuck about the lore.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

Level 13
Newsflash nobody gives a shit about the lore neither the fans do, they want to Kill Illidan and Arthas, and not care why did they kill him.In short they want fat lewtz!

The only people that care about lore are Role-Players and we all know they're a bunch of No-lifers.
Oh I just love how people tell their own opinnion as a universal fact. As Brad.Dude03 pointed out, alot of the people who played Warcraft 3 (and previous Warcraft titles) do care about lore and what WoW does to it. Also I've seen some people who have been introduced into Warcraft by WoW, but after learning about the retcons they have began to dislike them.

I'm sorry but it simply isn't smart to just bend lore as much as you want to make a game, especially when there have been years and years of work into the lore. I mean, Mythic wasn't allowed to just suddenly bend Warhammer lore and do something like "Hey, the High Elves and Dark Elves are now friends!" Now, I'm not denying that they did not bend lore, but they didn't bend it TOO much.

How would you feel if Blizzard suddenly decided to move the Orcs to the Alliance since they decided that "Thrall and Varian are now best friendz 4evah!", despite all the current lore explaining otherwise?

Level 9
Oh yeah, and regular WoW fans totally have lives too.

BS, if you play WoW PERIOD you tend to be a nerd and/or social outcast just because you devote so much time to a game. On the internet.

So you're saying if you play WoW you have automaticly have no life?
Thats such a stupid and untrue statement.Don't you understand that to get to level 70 you don't need to play all day every day.
Also if Wc3 fans don't like the lore of WoW then don't play it.The fact is the a vast majority of WoW players don't care about the lore.
I admit you were right in correcting me about whos crying about the lore.

Level 25

I care about the lore :|

Which reminds me, what parts are you people complaining about now? They're starting to retcon raids out, so it can't be them I don't think. So what are your major lore complaints at the moment, because I've been happy with the WotLK stuff we've gotten so far

Level 9
Which reminds me, what parts are you people complaining about now? They're starting to retcon raids out, so it can't be them I don't think. So what are your major lore complaints at the moment, because I've been happy with the WotLK stuff we've gotten so far

I cry because Bolvar died, as did the son of Saurfang. But that's okay. They died to the coolest character to exist, who then gets killed by the alliance. That I don't approve of. Varithramas rebelling was only natural, so that was good lore. Hmm... I can't think of anything particularly distasteful that they did yet, except resurrecting Muradin.

Level 3
After playing the game for some time i found it in the beginning intresting, then i let my older brother play it a bit for the first time and he found that the graffices where nice but then later when he started to fight somthing he "asked me, is that it? i just have to click and the char attacks without stoping?" i sayed yes , after the fight and some exploring he sayed "i have to be honest i like a game with more Hack and slace like Diablo 2-3" after that moment something ringed inside of me and i was like.. wtf hes right(!) after that i started to find the game getthing booring and repating itself over and over again. So in conculstion yes i find wow booring also.

Edit:
-But i still play it but not as muts as i use to though

Level 1
Thinking wow is lame at lvl10 mean ur dumb cause there no game will be fun ur low lvl so y dont u go beg u mum for 1 more month of Wow try and get to somewhere near 70 and u will see the fun.
U been stuck in a lousy barren where everything is weak of course nothing is fun try getting more lvl and get out of that dumb well b4 saying a game is lame.
If u cant afford to play the official try playing private

Level 18
lol shadow is rigtht..

but thing is. WOW socially is fun. having to make party with people and explore caves and shit.

but thats at level 10... and it doesn't take that long to get to level 10.

it gets interesting after level 55! cause then you can go to all the FUN raids...
with 40 people.

thats probably the only thing that makes it fun...

lol shadow is rigtht..

but thing is. WOW socially is fun. having to make party with people and explore caves and shit.

but thats at level 10... and it doesn't take that long to get to level 10.

it gets interesting after level 55! cause then you can go to all the FUN raids...
with 40 people.

thats probably the only thing that makes it fun...

I disagree, now it is pretty much at level 70+ when you get to have fun. With the release of Wotlk that is. Not many servers do many pre-BC raids anymore, and it is really tough to find 40 people for a raid nowadays.

I just hope that the Wotlk raids are pretty difficult... I don't want it to be some crap where we can CC every single mob until it is only one tank and spank after another. D=

If not, I hope the pvp is at least pretty interesting. I think WoW will be fun at least for me regardless of what happens... Even though I feel like enh shammies got nerfed. It is just more motivation to find other tactics around classes. =P

Thinking wow is lame at lvl10 mean ur dumb cause there no game will be fun ur low lvl so y dont u go beg u mum for 1 more month of Wow try and get to somewhere near 70 and u will see the fun.
U been stuck in a lousy barren where everything is weak of course nothing is fun try getting more lvl and get out of that dumb well b4 saying a game is lame.
If u cant afford to play the official try playing private

No. I find it boring at 63rd level. Also, I can type, while you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.