1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WotL - War of the Lords

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by LexX, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tested out the new map. I dunno if you added more heroes or you removed those heroes that are never in stock, but I find some of the heroes rather interesting.

Take the Hellguard guy (the one with immolation). Get loads of armour for him and he's a walking wall. However, please fix the tooltip for Immolation.
    The base mana cost is also rather... weird. The toggle mana is very high.

I noticed that the Elusive Hunter is a somewhat familiar concept, could use some small tweaks, but its ok. It would be nice if you could make the shuriken burn mana based on feedback, but nerf the base damage.

The Troll Shaman was a really enjoyable play. His Ultimate makes him really devasting if he manages to max out Forked Lightning (kill all the ranged creeps and deal loads of damage to heroes). Frost Armour seemed out of place, perhaps you could try another defensive ability, or just rename it.

Will try more and with friends later today. Good map BTW ;)

Looking forward to Satyr :)

2. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I removed some of heroes (not only those that were not in stock.)
    Yeah, but not against other heroes (already tried) =)
    Yes, because his 1+2+4 are really powerful, that's why manacost is so high)
    Hmmm...Good idea=) Then the damage will be decreased a bit but shuriken will burn mana equal to mana burned from attacks..Cool=)
    But when he max out Forked lightning creeps will be already strong enough to stay alive after it=)
    Well it's like basic ability of troll shamans, that's why added it =) Any idea is appreciated=)
    Thx=)
    Wanted to say that you'll be added to "Special Thanks" but you are already there))) Just will add "and good ideas" to "-Zack1996 for his really helpful feedback"
    Look forward to your feedback in nearest future ;) :D

3. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zack, I've just done the change in spell "Shuriken of revenge"
    It now has a bit decreased damage, but burns MP. For units which don't have MP there won't be animation of feedback, also model of shuriken is different when you haven't ability "Mana break" and when you have it =)

EDIT:
    Here is another change (well it's more like fix than change, but still...)
    Dethecus's shadow blink can blink to allied or enemy base no more=) Instead he will blink to the gates of the base=)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally map updated!!!

I couldn't write here and update map because am now in Turkmenistan, and there are no normal internet here... (50 Kbps/sec, 1Mb traffic - 0,5$)
    But I managed to upload the map=)
    Here are the most important changes:
    -Removed many heroes and many abilities removed from some heroes which were not removed
    -Added some heroes
    -Removed many imported files
    -Add "Anubis Mode"
    -Fixed bug when heroes receive XP when units die (for my map it's a bug)
    -Fixed maaaany other bugs
    -Items now are more powerful (in tooltips it's not mentioned, still orking for more balance of items)

It's still a beta verstion, so don't get surprised if you pick a hero and it hasn't some or all abilities=)

Waiting for comments/advices/ideas