1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WotL - War of the Lords

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by LexX, Aug 11, 2009.

1. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    :xxd:
    Well,I'll wait=)
    Next version will be much better and compatible with 1.23,1.24 and 1.24b (didn't test on other versions)
    I just need 1 system and some spells which were removed do to compatibility changes...System request is in my signature.(vJASS request)

{EDIT 1}
    Well,about the name...
    Maybe smth. with word "Champions?"
    I don't think that "War" sounds well with "Champions"=))))

{EDIT 2}
    And if smb. finds Custom Stun system and spells Telura Beam and Chilling Wind or something that can be used like these ones then please give me the links to them^^
    I'll post new version as soon as I receive these things (or as fast as possible after that)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    No, Thanks, I don't cooperate with people which use WEU.

And just a tip, WEU is not compatible at ALL with 1.24.

3. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use JNGP=)
    And the version I'm working at now is both 1.23 and 1.24 compatible=)

4. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - What kind of Map Protection program do you use? Have you tried creating the unprotected version? (in lan)

5. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use Wc3 Map Optimizer 4.8
    Old versions are not 1.24 compatible because of some systems I used.
    Now I removed them,so next version will be both 1.23 and 1.24 compatible.
    But still I need to find systems,which could work instead of the old ones (I've already written that:some spells and CustomStun system)
    And I won't release unprotected version:grin:

6. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - Just try creating an unprotected map in lan, offline to see if it works. If it works then the problem is the map optimizer, where you have to uncheck 2 options that cause the problem to occur.

7. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I check my map every time I make changes=)
    And I've already told you what was the problem of 1.24 imcompatibility=)

8. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, good luck with your map!:wink:

9. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well,if you give some feedback then it can be much easier=)

10. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When I get my computer, sure, but my current one cannot take gaming (overheating issues).

11. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is another change in the terrain. I added some doodads in places between neutral camps:
    [​IMG]

What do you think? :grin:

{EDIT}

I also need ideas of 2 abilities for a hero.

Troll berserker, melee agility hero, model, for example, like Troll warlord in DotA=)
    Abilities:
    1 - Ensnare - Tyznakh captures the target in a net, making it unable to move for a period of time.
    3 - Berserk rage - Tyznakh has a chance to fall in berserk rage with every attack, dramaticaly increasing his attack speed for 3 seconds.
    Don't know what to do as 2nd and 4th abilities=(

{EDIT 2}
    I attached unfinished 0.01d for testers,it's 1.24 compatible,and there are many changes,so if you want you can download the new one=)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  12. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Tip: Ensnare won't do any good for melee hero.
    2. Tip: It's best for a player to have a balance between passive and active abilities. e.g. A Hero can have 4 active abilities with long cooldown, or 2 active with average/low cooldown and 2 passive ones. But I suggest having a balance between active/passive cooldowns that vary from hero to hero according to his specialities.
    3. Tip: Don't use already used 100 times models/spells, try to be more original.

- I have no skills to offer for this kind of hero, only those tips. Sorry if that's not enough.

13. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.The hero's main theme will be attack, so Ensnare helps to be more effective with an attack :p
    2 and 3 - you know,I need offers of abilities themselves,but no how to imagine them=))I think 2 and 3 are more advices to you and others who wants to help :p =)And I was trying to be original from the beginning=)Of course not everything is original,but I did my best=)

14. FFVII_Valentine

FFVII_Valentine

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    pros:

• [*]WotL 0.01d (Test) is compatible with the latest patch
      [*]Various game modes and options
      [*]Useful items and very easy to follow item recipes
      [*]Variety of balanced creeps
      [*]Creeps dissapear after each round (the map doesn't get over crowded)
      [*]I used The Archer of the Winds which had a good custom model/skin and relavent and useful abilities
    neutral:

• [*]The hero selection taverns are in the centre of the map, does this mean the game does not start until everyone playing has selected their hero?

Best of luck with your map :)

15. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well,in later version I maybe will make different abilities for each creep race=)And may be some more modes.
    And also will make a bit easier following of item recipes as well as more items=)
    I'm going to remake Archer's 2nd ability,I think in completed 0.01d it'll be done=)
    And yes,game starts only when all players choose their heroes (Don't like when it's not like that,like DotA)

{EDIT}
    Found StunUnit system,will check bow if it's what I need=)

{EDIT 2}
    Well,the system sucks,it only added special effect of stun,but didn't stun the unit((
    So I still need this system...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  16. FFVII_Valentine

FFVII_Valentine

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Try to make your map unique in some ways.
    Purhaps a scissors-paper-rock type thing where you can choose between 3 different creep races for each wave. And if you happen to choose the race that beats the opposition teams round you have a huge advantage for that round.
    Or purhaps you could have some control over the unit ratios like choose to have 3 melee creeps and 10 archer creeps one round and the next you could choose to have 13 melee creeps and 1 pult creep.
    Just throwing some ideas around, just watched some FF7 let's plays with a few Fort Condor battles which kind of influenced those suggestions hehe.

17. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think just making different abilities for each race of creeps will be ok:grin:

18. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've stopped working on WotL because don't have enough free time.
    Will return to work as soon as possible (if ANYBODY cares:cry:)

{EDIT}
    Now I have time to work with this map,but I can't imagine anything...People, help!...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  19. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, I took some time and re-tested the map. I tried the test version and some things I noticed:
    1) The multiboard doesn't show the hero icons properly.
    2) Some of the heroes are out of stock; are they supposed to be work-in-progress? If so, I'd love to try some of them :D
    3) The Doomguard dude's second skill is bugged. It only does 2 damage per second, from what I see. Is it supposed to deal 20 damage?
    4) The damage text can get rather distracting when there are too much of it. I think it can be slightly smaller.
    5) The vampire hero has many imported icons. 2 of which I find are rather unnecessary. I personally find the default icons good enough, but its up to you if you want to keep them :D
    6) Most abilities have a level skip requirement of 5. I found it rather irritating but its ok, just somewhat sad that you have to use a skill of the same strength for about 10-15 minutes of the game.

I'll test the vampire hero (haven't tried his ultimate) and feedback.

EDIT: The vampire hero's Ultimate has some small things you could improve on:
    Change the name and possibly the icon of Critical Strike to Killing Strike. I remember it being typed wrongly or something.
    Metamorphosis buff should be replaced with a custom one named True Form.
    Also, he could use some dark effects when he is in True Form, it would look nice :D
    Otherwise, the Vampire is pretty fine. However, the lack of unique abilities is kinda disappointing. You could make Carrion Swarm cooler or something, add extra effect like healing the hero per unit hit or something.

Anyway, I hope you continue working on the map. I was rather busy the last few weeks preparing for my exam and working on my map and was unable to respond.

20. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.Will check this
    2.They are either in progress or without abilities at all,so some ideas will be helpful=)
    3.Yes it does 2 damage,but not a second but much faster,and summary of damage in second is 20=)
    4.I think you are right:D
    5.Well,I added icons because I do want to keep them=)
    6.Only ults have skip 5=)They are not strong in the lvl 1-2,but after that they become really strong,that's why they cannot be learned fast.

About Vampire:
    Will change the name and icon if find smth. fitable
    Don't know how to change "Metamorphosis"=((((((Tell me please:D
    Will add dark effects,but only when he is in true form at night!Cool)))
    If you give me an idea of unique abilities for him or any other heores,it'll be very helpful.

You'll be added to the credits to "Special Thanks" for your help of course=)
    Looking forward for your comments=)

I've returned to work of the map since I wrote CustomStun system:D

{EDIT}
    Icon in the multiboard of Vampire wasn't shown because I removed the imported icon,but didn't change the path of icon for the multiboard
    Also added special effect to the bats,now they look much better:
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]

The same effects are on hands of the vampire if in true form at night.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009