1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WotL - War of the Lords

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by LexX, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice! That looks good :D

As for changing the Metamophosis thing, I think you need to create a custom buff and name it True Form. You may also need to change the Tooltip- Normal to True Form. That should work, although I'm not too familiar with Transformation spells.

Great to hear that you got a Custom Stun working :D Good luck for the rest of the map.

PS: If you need ability ideas, I could suggest some. Just tell me what kind of hero your working on =D

2. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.No,it doesn't change like that=(
    2.I was looking for it for about 3-4 months,and wrote it in about 30 minutes:D
    3.I need ANY ideas,I mean,on ANY hero,even finished,but of course ideas for heroes in progress will be veery helpful=)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  3. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay!
    New version is available xD
    There are many changes, but I ddn't make a changelog because anyway it's only a map for tests.
    I need ideas about missing heroes abilities=)
    After I make abilities for all heroes and add some items, as well as fix some bugs, I'll release first official 0.01 version=)

4. The-Rave

The-Rave

Resources:
    Resources:
    i can help with ideas.. just tell what u need. my w3 is can't be open cause something so i cant test your new map

5. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is too much to explain, just help when you'll be able to test the map=)

6. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What? the virtuous Zack1996 approves of this map?!

Plus, LexX, from the looks of your changelogs, the way you speak and all, i'm guessing you got great potential to do quality and original stuff (yea, you sound like myself,that's why :D).

So lemme try this out asap, i'll let you know what i think.

EDIT: Mind telling me what the map's name looks like in the ingame list? its 10 players, right?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.Well, it seems that he approves=)
    2.I hope so:grin:
    3.Mmmm...asap?:hohum:
    4. Test the map, and you'll see my abilities=)

8. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    asap = a.s.a.p. = as soon as possible.

By the way, you forgot to tell me what the name of the map is in the ingame map list :s i downloaded it but there are too many maps there, i just look for WotL in the 10-players-map part, but im not finding it...

I really want to check it out so please tell this time.

9. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    WotL 0.01d :wink:
    It'll be much easier to make a folder for the map, you'll not have to search for it=)

10. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay thx, i'll look for it now.

About the folders, they annoy me.
    There was this patch one day (even before 1.24) where blizzard wanted to uhhh... "unallow making copies of other maps" or sthg, and all they managed to do was making 60% of maps not show up at all in the game list.
    At that time i figured that custom maps would randomly not show up if they weren't in the "Download" folder, and nowhere else. If you know what i'm talking about and you got clues, please tell.

11. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I used only 1.14, 1.20, 1.23, 1.24, and the weren't such problems=)
    Now I have 1.24c and all maps are shown (as I think)=)

12. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay i've eventually created a folder and placed it there since it wasnt showing in the downloads folder.
    Guess what? The map doesn't show at all for me :( . Did it have another name before and you changed it or something?..

13. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    What version of warcraft do you have?
    Download official english Warcraft 3 1.24c and everything should work.

14. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It has nothing to do with my version, it's the patch and its stupid bug.
    I'll just re-download the map, maybe sthg was wrong with dl.. By the way why a million numbers at the start of the filename?

EDIT: well, it just won't show.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  15. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    WTF?????:eekani:
    I'll post the map again now!:thumbs_up:

16. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map updated.
    It includes many optimizations as well as finished versions of heroes Vampire Lord and Deathknight.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  17. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol i didn't notice the description said it was a hero arena.
    Well it seems to use some work.
    I can't say much more since i'm not too fond of aoses and hero arenas, and this is sorta both lol.
    Btw you might wanna fix the recipe tooltip requiring "belt of giant strength", theres no such item in your map. I think it was amulet sthg. Also, that item's stock never refills, only 1 ppl can make it.
    EDIT: oh and, shorten file name. That's why it wasn't showing up. Wtf are these senseless numbers for anyways?

18. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Already fixed the tooltip. It needs "gloves of high strength"=)And it doesn't refill because it doesn't fill at all. And it doesn't fill because this item doesn't need a recipe=)
    I don't know about the numbers, but when I upload smth. on Hive, these numbers "attach" to the filename:cry:
    The map is about 80% finished for official version=) I just need to finish all existing heroes...And that's all=) May be I'll add some items.

19. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map updated. It now has fixed multiboard and some other systems as well as preview and loading screen!

20. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    New hero added (for now without abilities):
    Mal'Kara - Master of satyrs
    Here is how he looks ( the right one ^_^ )
    [​IMG]