• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] World War 1 Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli

Oli

Level 4
Hi.

My idea is to create a map that will move the users to the regime of World War 1. The game starts in 1910 AD, before the war. When creating my idea, i was following some rules. The map has to be unlike all others, i mean by this - the game has to have different content than all other maps. I got inspired by other Total War games, like Medieval: Total War, Empires: Total War or Napoleon: Total War.

Gameplay

Geeting inspired by content in Total War games, i want the gameplay divided into turns. Each player would have his turn in which he could build buildings and units(They will appear in the next turn) or internal political changes. Resources or trade would be necessary for creating units. Of course, players in their turns can move armies - and now the situation complicates. I dont know how to make a limit of movement, because of course German A7V wouldn't in reality blietzkrieg the french and arrive in 1 month from Berlin to Paris.

There would be random and historical events.

Is my idea worth realizing?

Level 32
It's a great idea. Strategic turned base gameplay is kind of clunky to flesh out, though. The only maps I recall that has strategic turned based gameplay are these:
Turn Based Warfare
Advance Wars - Quick Skirmish v1.02
Advance Wars - Narrow Fight v1.02

Other than that, the most popular WW1 map is World War One: ISH v3.3 which is an RTS, but makes use of trenches a lot. It's quite simple.

I'd say that this is definitely a grand project that only has small percent chance of completing. Tons of people try to create massive stragegic maps, and those who succeed either have loads of time or a community to support them. The idea is great, execution may be difficult.

Last edited:

Oli

Oli

Level 4
Movement: If there's a world map and a battle map, have the world map units stationary and teleport from region to region.

Actually, i plan the only units moving on the world map are generals, the generals will play a role of transporters. Soldiers would be in the generals. The general skills would decide about soldiers limits, buffs or debuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.