• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War One - First Person Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I had always dreamed of having a world war one fps, ever since I heard CoD5 would be coming out and someone suggested, maybe its a ww1 shooter. So I am currently making a map Called World war one - First person Shooter, (WW1 FPS). This map will be late in the war, Central Powers vs. Allies in trenches.

Possible Features:
-Controllable Planes (probably not)
-Controllable Tank
-At least 10 guns (3 already done)
-Mountable Machine gun
-Gas attacks
-Various Models
- Fps view, using weu.

Looking for more ideas, including hero skills

pm me, and i might allow you to test it.

Last edited:
Level 4
well, to me it doesn't look like he is making a fps anyway. It looks more like a third person shooter, like tomb raider n such. TPS doesn't sound so good tho. Anyways, I like the idea.

I don't know much about world war 1 from a historical point of view, but I think any good war game needs flamethrowers/napalm, zone control and artillery strikes. Keep that in mind and you are on a winner. FEUER FREI!

Level 12
Thats not what i meant.
I know how to create a real fps (not just a lame camera behind the unit, thats not even fps).
What i mean is like a view of a scope or aim icon like in games as CS, but if i do make it it would require to disable movement in any way.

So you can move the aimer up and down instead of only being able to change the horizontal angle?

Would the mouse be the main use of aiming or would it be the keyboard?

If its the mouse, Is it Possible to move the camera based on where the mouse is pointing in relationship to the center of the camera?
-And enable it if the player presses the right trigger?

Disable normal movement and instead enable keyboard to add x and z cordinates and set animations so it looks like the player is moving so you can use the right trigger for things instead of shooting?

And then the normal trigger fires a "Bullet Shockwave Spell" in direction that detects what it hits inorder to stop movement like bouncing off walls so people can hid behind trees and things like that?

How well does the aiming system work?

Describe please...
I'm not here to steal Ideas... I can hardly finish my own map right now...

Level 24
This is an illustration of what i mean.
You use the mouse to click where you want to shoot and the bullet shoots towards the point.
To make the bullet move towards the point you will have to use some advanced projectile system such as MaDOS which is similiar and made by the same creator of Mad Balls Arena or Infranes Vector System (somewhere on wc3campaigns) which is the system used in Elimination Tournament.
The wall is an invisible destructable which is set to walkable and its standing in 89* degrees so your able to click it. The wall will also have to cover the whole camera so you wont be able to click out of it.
fdghdfpe4.jpg

This is my idea of making a FPS shooter with one player.
The reason why you cant make it multiplayer is because other units would be able to stand on the wall and it would require loots of loops.

Else if you wanna make an FPS shooter were u aim with arrow keys try the open map Sharpshooter Demo

Last edited:
Level 12
This is an illustration of what i mean.
You use the mouse to click where you want to shoot and the bullet shoots towards the point.
To make the bullet move towards the point you will have to use some advanced projectile system such as MaDOS which is similiar and made by the same creator of Mad Balls Arena or Infranes Vector System (somewhere on wc3campaigns) which is the system used in Elimination Tournament.
The wall is an invisible destructable which is set to walkable and its standing in 89* degrees so your able to click it. The wall will also have to cover the whole camera so you wont be able to click out of it.
fdghdfpe4.jpg

This is my idea of making a FPS shooter with one player.
The reason why you cant make it multiplayer is because other units would be able to stand on the wheel and it would require loots of loops.

Else if you wanna make an FPS shooter were u aim with arrow keys try the open map Sharpshooter Demo

WHat do you mean they would be able to stand on wheels
And what Kind of Loops do you mean?

It could definitly work out... In fact... I think Warcraft has tons of potential like that... I'm thinking abut setting up an L targeting system using third person camera, autocast spell with cooldown of zero to use as targeted unit (and all attacks attack the targeted unit)

Warcraft has tons of potential... the Potential to have free FPS's and Adventure games online... with pretty big Battle Feilds as well...

Level 2
hmm. at first: this is my first post, my english is very poor and dont kill me if i make something wrong because i ahve atm some probems with finding the right forums at hive.com!

a fisrt person shooter is a great idea, but how to make headshoots, etc.??
i mena its not funny (in my opinion) to shoot at a enemy and the shooter who shoots fast enough wins the fight .

i hope u understand what i mean!!

Level 27
hmm. at first: this is my first post, my english is very poor and dont kill me if i make something wrong because i ahve atm some probems with finding the right forums at hive.com!

a fisrt person shooter is a great idea, but how to make headshoots, etc.??
i mena its not funny (in my opinion) to shoot at a enemy and the shooter who shoots fast enough wins the fight .

i hope u understand what i mean!!

How do u think shooters work?

Aim and shoot =p

Aim fast, shoot fast = win (Also take cover though once in a while, and a while in war is alot)

And ehm wasnt there also a guy who made an FPS system using the mouse to look around? Use that!

Level 2
yes rthis system exitst. you can make it with RtC!!

but you cant make a system that allows headshots!.

but with headshoots and this stuff it will be more fun i think!

Level 12
yes rthis system exitst. you can make it with RtC!!

but you cant make a system that allows headshots!.

but with headshoots and this stuff it will be more fun i think!

Headshots....... hm.........

You might be able to make one unit made out of multiple units (As body parts)..
-Change animations via Jass instead of natural (If: Unit is directed to move. then: Enable Animation 1 for model)
-And the shots that hit each unit it counts as something different...

More things you would need to do is...
-Associate the Unit array with a player
--Create an HP system that detects hits and Minuses health for a player

And then force every unit to wear black...
-And have "lighted areas" as the only true form of sight....
--Also have "flashlight" spells to enable sight of enemy units
---Flare-Gives away your position temporarly and lasts for three seconds in a large area
---Flashlight-Gives away your position completely but lasts an eternity and only hits in front of you
---Flash Grenade-Lights up an area for a period of time... Ignites after 3 seconds to allow safety

And then add in Smoke Grenades as well...

And I guess Real Grenades...

Level 24
I am not sure warcraft is the correct medium to be doing this map in. A third person shooter perhaps but not a first.( For example of third person shooter see Elimination Tournament). If you are determined to do this then I would recommend:
DO NOT MAKE A FPS IN WARCRAFT. IT IS NOT REALLY A GOOD IDEA. USE SOMETHING ELSE.
If you seriously actually want do do this do not base it on trench warfare. Trenches are boring. People stick out their guns. They shoot. People Get Shot. They Shoot. . .
Perhaps a nice forest scene or a town scene. This also gives more of a possibility to show your terraining skills (If you d not have any make someone else do it

Level 12
Obviously Warcraft wasn't MADE for shooters....

BUT!
I believe a decent shooter could be made with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.