• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World in Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
-I dont think that town is to high xd
23752.jpeg

(i know i need doodas)

Level 20
I finished the multiboard , also i decided to add generals abilitys of creating Outposts : Defensive (works like a Orc Burrow) , Medical( heals infantry) , Repairing (reapirs mech units) . So far i finished the Defensive Outpost ability with proper model.

Attachments

• fdfdfd.JPG
    fdfdfd.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 254
Level 4
I finished the multiboard , also i decided to add generals abilitys of creating Outposts : Defensive (works like a Orc Burrow) , Medical( heals infantry) , Repairing (reapirs mech units) . So far i finished the Defensive Outpost ability with proper model.

whats that greeny thing there?

Level 20
I made two tests with Jacek and another with Rao Dao Zao and Nerubrator.
There are few more things to do to make it palyable so i can realease public beta:
-there are bugs in income and win/loose system
-a small icon problem
-unit descriptions

Also during the test i noticed that my T-80 model sucks badly :d comparing to Illidans Abrams Model so i started making a new one , i hope much better one including new texture.

Attachments

• t80a2.jpg
    t80a2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 230
  • T-80old.jpg
    T-80old.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 220
Level 20
New T-80 models is finished. I made also first public test on Bnet. First opinions were good , but there were few bugs which im currently working on . There was huge imbalance due to fact that USA had no Anti-Air unit. I managed to make Stinger model so the imbalance should be decreased.
The terrain needs huge work , urban enviroment is still very poor. I have nothing than Buildings and some Fences.
The Beta will be relalesd within next two days. I desperetly need beta testers. If someone helps me i can garantie credit and Rep+.

Attachments

• stingerskrin.JPG
    stingerskrin.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 217
  • oldVSnew.JPG
    oldVSnew.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 247
  • bokt80.JPG
    bokt80.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 203
  • t80umskrin.JPG
    t80umskrin.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 169
Level 12
I was just looking over this thread and I got an idea for a general power. Its called Air Support or somethign like that and when used it calls in X helicopters to the targeted position where they will patrol attacking any enemy units that come near for Y seconds. They are uncontrollable but they should be attackable.

Level 12
Well you could use spellbooks to seperate your ideas into like reinforcements and support. Then the air strikes and helicopters and whatever else you may have thats direct supports goes into that one, and the reinforcements would be stuff like bunkers and paratroopers. The only thing is it will look really stupid if you dont fill them both up, so it will give some motivation to get my spells for your general.

Idk if you solved the infantry thing yet, but American infantry should be stronger and more expensive, while soviet infantry are only good if you zerg the enemy. Like Red Alert 2.

Level 34
I got a idea Kofi, if you played C&C: Generals, you noticed that units couldn't shoot through buildings, but instead had to walk around to shoot, maybe you can try that! How about it? :]

Good idea? ^^

Love your screens and concept things, love it, +rep. :D

Edit: You forgot the Stuka, if I'm correct. It's very good vs. Air but weak against land.

Level 34
No, that has actually not much of a use, if the building gets blown up too what's the use of LoS's then? Or if you got a other unit at the other end? Has also no use.

We need a pro for this one!

Level 12
Alright I just tested it out for a few and I have some comments and crits

The Migs in teh Airstrike would fly very messed up. As they were flying, very slowly for an airplane I might add, they were shaking very badly in the sky. Instead of streamlined jetplanes, they looked flew like WW2 fighters.

Instead of having the Generals look like tents, change them too some invisible model. Having Generals on the battlefield isnt that realistic anyways, and then having a jumble of tents just looks bad also.

I liked the system of delivering the units, very good idea.

Thats about it... and more general abilites, of course. How about an incindiary bomb? Does X damage every Y seconds for Z seconds, with the X and Z being increased every level?

Level 9
Instead of having the Generals look like tents, change them too some invisible model. Having Generals on the battlefield isnt that realistic anyways, and then having a jumble of tents just looks bad also.

This could be done by putting generals very close to the map borders, immobiling them, and then putting camera bounds so players won`t see the generals in-game. Like in Blizzard`s Death Sheep ;P

Level 20
odeezwał sieee raaafci xD

1 i dunno why the migs fly so stange.
2 Yes , ill make the generals invisible units. (added to my to do list)
3 incindiary bomb is nice idea , (added to my to do list)
next to IMP bomb , MOAB , FOAB , small nukes and....?

Any suggestions to the gameplay ? how to make it more atractive and fun etc?

Level 34
How about... Uhm... QUESTS!

Like:
- Rescue the Hostages (B): Enemy forces have taken civillian hostages, save them with minimal losses.
- Supply Route (B): Destroy the enemy precious supply route to cause severe damage to their income / / Defend your fragil supply route for [..] time.

Last edited:
Level 12
Lol I was just thinking about your map today during mass and came up with some more spells. The idea of a new spellbook full of Effectiveness spells. For instance, the mass repair woudl be one such spell. Another possible spell would be somethign like Overdrive, increasing your units movement and attack speed at the cost of losing hp every second. based on Unholy Frenzy. Spells that are like that.

Dont forget to make DISBTN's. I remember a lot of greens.

Level 34
Quests #2:

- Convoy (B): Protect the arriving convoy at all costs to provide more resources. /// Destroy the convoy before it reaches it's goal.
- Propoganda (R): Place Propaganda Towers in the located parts of town to let the people fight for the Union.
- Survivors & Refugees (A): Even though the Russians pounded the whole city, there are reports of incoming refugees and survivors from the city, defend them for [..] time to let the rescue helicopters come and pick them up.

- D-Day Reborn (R):
The Americans are trying to let history repeat itself, their planning to launch a full scale attack on the shores with tanks, troops and airpower. Place bunkers and other defenses on the beach and hold off for [..] minutes to let reinforcements arrive.
- The Cannon (R): On the far mountain top there is a old cannon placed which used to defend the seas from incoming armies, take it and let it's own firepower fall on those capitalist dogs.

- Big Bernard (A): The Russians heard of the aware of Big B, we must not let it fall in enemies hands, take it back before it's operational again and blast those communists back to their own country.

Level 20
Chaos Overlord nice i think ill credit you for ideas :p

Divine did you paly that map :p there is no place for quests i think , to the game play i meant - system , way you fight , order units , number of targets etc. I could go with the convoys. But still dunno exactly how. I could connect two Targets for example convoys from Factory and Town to main bases.

There were few suggestions i want to consider:

-1 Money for kiling enemy units , i think ill go with this one

-2 To control target you need to control 3 points near it, like in WiC what do you think about it?

BETA 0.6b
DOWNLOAD

Level 12
Just noticed that your tooltips, mainly with units that can carry infantry are messed up. In the bradley, you dont say anything about the cargo space it has, and the Soviet helicopter says it can hold five, while it actually holds eight. You may want to look it over. Also, the BTR-80 had variants taht were used for specialized missions. Of these I can remember Command, Heavy machine gun, cannon, and rocket pod. Perhaps these can be different upgrades tfor teh BTR to allow them to be more specialized? More Info

Ill try the map out later, probably tommorow.

Level 20
I didnt noticed those tip-bugs, im fixing them wright now.
BTR-80 versions is brilliant idea! I think rocket and command version will be added soon.
0.6b has only some minor bug fixes:
-Control points cant be destroyed now ( in one test guy somehow destroyed most of CPs ;p)
-Citiy Center capture bug
-Some balance changes

In 0.7 ill try to fix tips , do more balance , change te income rate a bit (ill add constant +80 to income for all players) , i dont know if ill manage to add spellbooks.

Level 20
Update

Currently Generals have 5-4 powers. Im working to add 2 Spell book based
skills instead of them, -Air Relaeted Powers , -Land Relaeted Powers and Tactical Nuke for high level Generals.
Air Powers ''Spell book'' will contain:
-Sky Control - Send Fighters To Guard tagerted area from air attacks. Number of fighters depends on the Air Powrs level(Finished)
-Air Support- Send Close support planes to attack land units on tagerted area. Number of planes depends on the Air Powrs level.(Finished)
-Gunship Support- Send Gunships to tagerted area , non-selectable gunships will fight on tagerted area. Number of gunships depends on the Air Powers level.(Finished)
-Gas Bomb For Soviets
-Fuel Bomb For USA (Finished)
-Paradrops (Finished)
-Tomahawk Strike for USA (Finished)

I didnt developed the Land ''Spellbook'' but it will contain:
-Vechicle repairs (Finished)
-Placing Outposts (Bunkers(Finished) , Ammo Magazines(Finished) , Medic Outposts ,Vechicle repair Outposts)
-Artillery Support
more to come.

More ideas for Spells ?

Btw here is WiP of c-130
26022.jpeg

I uploaded Mig-29 needed for soviet main fighter. What would you see as US main fighter? F-16 , 15 ?

Level 9
He said "unfun" not "unfair", Overlord ;P

@Topic
One question... Are the planes (shown on screenshot) controllable, or they`re being moved very fast in one line by triggers? I mean, that airplanes should just fly extremely fast forward, not make impossible circles around or stay in one place while in air :p

Level 20
They are not controlable. You can call them with General powers. Bombers flys one time over target. Fighters are making circles over area that you want to protect from air attacks. Only Gunships are controlable. Aircrafts will be controlable when ill create a system for it but for now i dont know how to detect curruent order of unit .

Level 5
Soviet heavy bombers include the Tu-95 (turbo-prop iirc) and Tu-160. Also Tu-144 is a maritime patrol and striker bomber. Tactical bombers are Su-24 Fencer, Su-22 Fitter, Su-25 Frogfoot, Tu-22 Backfire, and Tu-16 Badger. For paratrooper aircraft An-224 iirc. Tell me if you need me to find anything else.

Level 20
Hmm Tu-95 ill go with it as Bomber , Tu-160 is tempting but it cant be used as Paradrop plane till i wont have proper model for it. Research credit for Feanor :p

Could you find most important variations for BTR-80 and Humvee?
Currently i have only avenger hummve varioation. I plan to make Medic Humvee .
Are there such variatons for BTR-80? Advice me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.