• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Auto local cleaner... (Gosh I hate setting every freaking one to null at the end...)

I mean what's the point in not having them nulled at the end? Is there some way you can utilize the leaks or am I missing something?

Also, it would be really nice if you could make your own list of armor and attack types and their bonuses against each other. DAMAGE DETECTION EVENT (If they still even have events lol)

Level 19
To update you the Editor is called "Scum Editor"(StarCraft User Modding Editor) and the scripting language will be based on C/C++ which will pretty much own! Oh yeah it'll fully support terraining and abilities(You may do lots of stuff crazy stuff which wasn't plausible in WarCraft III without triggers/scripting).

As if that wasn't enough it'll support additional resources and even ingame movies!(Got from the newest batch 42)

The Trigger Editor should have a feature to let the user create their own unique codes in GUI using scripting language similar to what is in World Editor Unlimited.

Level 19
Unit dies?

You can't use a variable made unit there, you need to use time:

time every x second
condition: bolean SEXYASS = dead equal to true
actions:

Hm... You're right. You could also just use generic unit and then check using the conditions but you were referring to variables...
I want to be able to categorize regions in groups and have generic unit enter/leave region events.

Level 5
you could have like a build in model editor as well a viewer and texture thing so you make you own models without havin to get all these tools you could also havesomething that changes Mdx. and Blp. and all that like wc3 file conventor

Level 19
Before asking them to recode parts of the engine, remember what this game is primarily. A 3rd-person RTS, in which multiple floors make no sense.

That's what I meant by my comment.

Redmarine, your idea would be easy to do with camera restrictions.

But you won't be able to do awesome stuff like this without some nasty triggering:

003.gif

Level 16
I've tried to do it recently, and I decided to do it using flying height with dodads which weren't really walkable, but rather raised dodads without pathing, but the problem occured when I tried to add units on different floors, since, when standing on top hero attacked units bellow and stuff like that... I could trigger it, but it would be tricky in multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.