• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Questions/Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone,

With the new updates to wc3 I am finally committing myself to learning how to make wc3 maps. It is something I've wanted to do since I was a child and these days I have the conviction to go through with it. I do, however, have a few questions I hope to get some help on.

1) What WE version should I use and why?

My goal is to start with simple triggers and terraining and then move onto vJass triggers and more complicated stuff. I know how to code in several languages but I never took the time to understand how vJass works with WE. My understanding is that there are several version of WE on hive that people use for different reasons so I'd like to know what is recommended.

2) I am interested in adding animations to exists models, what program(s) do I need and where can I find tutorials?

3) Where is Hiveworkshop's WE tutorial section?

I remember Hive having a ton of tutorials for beginning from WE to vJass but I've tried scouring the forums and found nothing. Maybe the layout has changed but could someone direct me there?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.