• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Some Random Editor Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Yes hi, I really want to make an improved version of Azeroth Wars. I mean improved with New areas and more events and such.

The only problem is that im a noob when it comes to making maps, But i want to make this map so badly that I asked for help :)

Firstly, How do I make Buildings smaller so i can build them closer to each other.

Secondly, Can anyone help me with triggers? :)

Thirdly, How do I fix with the income on Control Points? Id like to know that.

I will add more questions as i progress though the map :)
And I will also try to make the terrain as promising as possible :D

Level 28
Firstly, read tutorials. THW spans a wide variety (link)

Secondly, change the collision, the pathing and (if you want) the ground texture of the buildings in the object editor. Remember that the pathing is the most important thing to edit.

Thirdly, What triggers?

Fourth(ly??), Control point? Since i don't know the map you are starting to work on, it's easier to help you if you go more into detail.

And last but not least, welcome at THW D:

Level 1
Thanks for the Welcoming.

And some Info about the Map:

Name: Unknown

Description: Well, I'm a great fan of both Azeroth Wars Strategy, Dark Ages of Warcraft and all of those kind of maps.
Though im sick of them never change the maps or adding stuff to it, For instance. They havent added Teldrassil for so long and I think its a quite important place in Warcraft.

So what Im trying to do is a copy of Azeroth Wars, just with bigger and better terrain (I hope). Some nice Events, And some other ideas that might pop up. (Im open for Ideas) :)

About the Control Points: Yeah Ive seen they use Circles of Power, and when I "Destroy" it I capture it and the more of those circles I got, the more gold I gain each minute.

Level 8
no offense, but you should really try to get some experience with the editor before you take on a big project, just open it and mess with the trigger editor, object editor, terrain, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.