• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Work in Progress: Stranded Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ce53f32cfbf4b5c71fba207661b34e31

ce53f32cfbf4b5c71fba207661b34e31.png

Marsunpaisti presents
Stranded Survival
Powered by Wurstscript

Idea
You wake up from unconsciousness on a tropical stranded island. Stay alive with your fellow survivors and build up your settlement from nothing. Gather more advanced gear and defeat your competitors on land or sea!

Demos

2019-01-30 20-46-23 - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs on Gfycat
2019-02-04 16-38-21 - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs on Gfycat

Current Features
Item stacking, splitting and crafting systems by Bannar

Custom building system
Equipment system
Gathering items
Hunting
Heat system
Stamina system
Nutrition system
Combat sounds and animations change when switching weapons

Upcoming Features
Melee weapons, guns, armor
PVE gameplay
Mini-bosses
Fishing
Boat building & custom weaponizing
Naval combat
Individual combat abilities for weapon types - Choose your style!
Diseases

Last edited:
Level 9
Seeing the gifs, I liked what I saw. This is your map similar to Island Troll Tribes. However, I think some things better. As a character collect resources using animations, hunger system is not HP (which I do not like in Island Troll Tribes), the announcement of which weapon are carrying has its own sounds in the attack...
I got confused in the build system. Could explain with text how it works (if want)?

At the moment I only suggest that insert traps also on the map.

Level 2
To build structures you lay down a blueprint and then put the required items inside that. This allows buildings to require more than just one inventoryful of items. Im planning to have quite big construction requirements for bigger buildings that might even require up to 50 items.

Level 9
Thanks for the clarification. Your map looks promising, and I'll keep an eye on new updates. But having seen the gifs and texts a lot of work to do.

Level 3
To build structures you lay down a blueprint and then put the required items inside that. This allows buildings to require more than just one inventoryful of items. Im planning to have quite big construction requirements for bigger buildings that might even require up to 50 items.
Yikes, thats a bit huge. I worked on something extremely similar to this map like 2-3 years ago and experimented with creating complex gameplay and complex buildings but its not too viable if you don't have a very good itemization system or if you want a reasonable gameplay time.
For phishing, you can create a spell based on cluster rockets with one projectile, use the 'Bobber' model and a cast time of how much you want to wait until you catch something. Trigger it to give a random chance to catch something at the end of cast and boom. Limit it to specific regions if you want to only fish, fish schools.
Good luck with the map :D

Status
Not open for further replies.