• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unholy Invasion - Survival Map (1-3 Players)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've released the first (1.0) version of my map.
Here is the link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=93569&prev=u%3DConlan

Introduction:
Well, I was working on a new 1-3 player survival-style map that is actually 99% done right now. I decided to make this thread, because otherwise the maps can't be noticed.
First of all, this is not a huge project, but that doesn't mean it's not unique or not fun. The map size is 32x32 for example (doesn't needed a larger one), and I don't now JASS. However, I make maps since 2002 so I just know how the things work.

First, the simple part:
You have to survive against 20 Levels of Zombie waves. When a wave starts, zombies start to constantly spawn from random sides of the map and attacks players. Each level, they grow stronger. Number of zombies per wave, and zombies that can appear at same time in the map are proportional with # of players. The game can be played with 1 to 3 players, and have 3 difficulties. These are simple features for a survival style map.

Combat System and Item Displaying on Hero
Well, here is the main point and unique features (at least I have never seen this kind of a system before):
Each player has a standard hero which can be equipped with weapons and shields that are actually displaying on hero when equipped (this feature is used many times I now, this is not the main point actually)
Map have a very simple-still unique attack system. Characters dont have a default attack. You attack manually by pressing ''R'' for your main-hand weapon, an ''E'' for your off-hand weapon. You can swing your weapon at anywhere-at a Stamina(actually mana) cost. This means, you can take down 4-5 zombies at a time. You can also attack unarmed. Each weapon have it's own damage, damage area (which is very important), cooldown, critical chance, critical damage multiplier, hit sound and so on. Dealt damages are displayed on the victims. ''elite-class'' weapon and shields have unique special abilities. There are currently 16 weapons and 7 shields, which is quite enough for this kind of map.

Equipping Items
Well you can use 1 one-handed weapon plus a shield, 2 one-handed weapons or a two-handed weapon, whichever you choose. Equipping is extremely simple. Shields are always placed on your off-hand. If your both hands are free, weapon you are equipping is placed on your main hand. If your main hand is equipped and off-hand is free, the weapon will placed on your off-hand. If both hands are equipped, the weapon will replace with the one in your main-hand. Two-handed weapons replace both items when equipped - of course. And to unequip, press ''ESC''. A menu will show up - ''unequip Main Hand'' and ''Unequip Off hand''- just that. Unequip one of your hands. To unequip a twohanded weapon, simple press one of them.
By the way, I forgot to tell, one-handed weapons which are placed in your off-hand deals half damage, have half critical chance but costs half stamina than normal.

Stats and Levels
After each wave of zombies, your hero levels up and gain 3 stat points to spend. Stats are Strength(+dmg,+hp,+hp regen), Dexterity(+defense,+critical chance,+move speed) and Energy(+stamina,+stamina regen). Two-handed weapons get half times more damage from str bonus, while off-hand weapons get only the half of the actual str damage bonus. Off-hand weapons also get only the half of the critical chance bonus from Dexterity.
Ok, not that big features maybe, but all of them works perfectly, and I'm just sure each warcraft player must try this kind of experience at least once. I want to add that the map is completely lag-free (as I have spend tons of time just for this).
Map is actually completed, but may need some more balance fixes. I'm gonna release it If people are intrested.
Thank you for reading..

Edit: I have also added helmets to the game. There are currently 8 helmets.

Notes: Everything works perfect for now, Easy and Normal difficulties seems really balanced.(Insane looks impossible, I have to fix that) The game always runs at 65 fps at my computer (also 2-3 sec. loading time). The weapons, shields, helmets and armors fits the character perfectly (especially armors are highly edited by me, but all armors normally made by kitabatake). I have also added a cool boss (with cool visibles) which become temporary vulnerable when his minions are dead, then he summons again. Also at the ending of each level, a message shows each players kills. Well, I don't know what else to upgrade, I think I'm gonna balance the Insane difficulty and then release it.

I'm a forum newbie, if someone can tell me how to upload images, I would like to show some screenshots.

Last edited:
Level 10
Many balance changes made, and I also added Body Armors to the game. Currently 3 armors are made (light, medium and heavy). Medium and Heavy armors reduces movement. All models are downloaded from this site and wc3campaigns.com. I have edited many of them to fit the hero model in my map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.