• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unholy Invasion (Equipment-based Survival)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
INTRODUCTION

Unholy Invasion is a unique Hero Survival map where 1 to 3 Players defend against hordes of zombies with various customized weapons&gear.

--Highly customized manual attack system; you can attack with a single weapon and bash with a shield, a two-handed weapon, a bow combined with a special arrow of your choice or with dual weapons. Each attack style have it's own attack animations, attack sounds, stats&more.
--A unique and easy equip system.
--21 Melee Weapons, 4 Special Arrows which can be combined with 6 Ranged Weapons, 6 Body Armors, 9 Helmets and 7 Shields, each with their own item models and stats&abilities.
--A knockback system which fits perfectly for a map of this kind. (Thanks to Paladon)
--A simple, yet nice custom stat system.
--Each equipped item shows on character and fitting perfectly, even quivers. (Hail to their respective owners!).
--Supports 1 to 3 Players and 3 Difficulties.
--Zombie numbers are proportional with Players. When a Player leaves, lesser zombies spawn.
--3 Specializations to choose from.
--12 Feats to further improve your playstyle.
--Lag free triggering.
--Much, much more to see!

Years ago, i saw a map (i can't remember it's name) where players control a fast-moving unit with a very short range shockwave spell (with attack animation instead of spell cast animation) instead of regular attack. Which actually looked like a manual sword-swing and gave me an idea of making a map with a system based on that idea. But of course, it was not gonna be a simple shockwave spell, instead, it should be a full trigger-based and much more advanced system. Weapons should have their damaga range, critical chance, critical damage rate, damage area (depending on weapons length), knockback distance, mana cost per swing (which i call "stamina"), cooldown and stat requirements to equip them (even additional special abilities to some higher-tier weapons). Of course the weapon models should be shown on hero. But what about dual-wielding? or two-handed weapons? body armors? shields? helmets? perhaps bows and arrows? I decided to make a total new and easy equip system which would go perfect with the manual attack system.
Actually there are two previous versions of my map; 1.0 and 1.1, which can be found on hive. However, the current update i'm working on is far superior and previous versions misses lots of elements (like ranged weapons, knocback, shield bash) SO PLEASE DON'T COMPARE THIS WITH IT'S PREVIOUS VERSIONS! And the thing is, this version is almost done. The things i've updated since 1.1 are listed below (yes, they are 100% done), for those who played my map before;

-Added a knockback system; all weapons now knocks target back on hit. (System by Paladon)
-Added a ranged weapon system;
Players can now use one of the 6 Bows and 4 Arrows with special abilities.
-Added 3 special abilities; Taunt [Tank], Critical Strike [Damage] and Holy Light [Healer]. Each benefit from a specific stat.
Each player now chooses his/her specialization at the beginning at a random order. A single specialization cannot be chosen by more than one player.
-Added a new shield bash system;
It's like attacking with an off-hand weapon. Shield bashes guarantee a stun and have great knockback, however, cannot crit and deal low damage.
-Players now choose 2 "Feats" throughout the game.
Feats are various special bonuses you can pick to improve your play style. There are a total of 12 Feats.
-Each level now started by Players manually by clicking "I'm Ready!" icon on a Battle Standard which appears at the beginning and between levels.
-Players can now only equip 1 Elite item per item class.
Players must purchase an Elite item first in order to equip items of that type (not just the purchased one).
-Zombie kills does not give gold anymore. Instead, Players receive additional gold at the end of each Level.
This prevents a Damage spec Player to gain unfair amount of gold compared to Tank or Healer spec Players.
-Removed the defeat condition. When all Players die, they can always retry the same Level again.
When failed, Players gain 100% refund for all consumables and charged items they used throughout the Level. Ranged Weapon users arrows are also restored.
-Added a global AoE "Pull" ability to the Boss, which pulls Player heroes to the position of the Boss, working like a reverse knockback.
-Player can no longer purchase/sell items during Levels.
-Game is now 15 levels, down from 20.
-New tileset and terrain improvements with animated buildings.
-There are now a total of 9 zombies. Every 3 levels, a new secondary zombie spawns. Every 5 levels, a new greater zombie spawns.
Standard zombies are primary, spawning each wave. Secondary and greater zombies have special abilities.
-Added a new command; ".showkills" or ".sk" to show killed unit markers.
-Added an explosion effect for zombie kills on critical hits and a blood effect for normal hits.
-Item sell rate is now 100%, preventing accidental purchases.
-Added a new elite one-handed weapon; Titan's Crusher.
-Added a new elite one-handed weapon; Grom's Rage.
-Added an initial two-handed weapon; Quarterstaff.
-Replaced Great Club with a new two-handed weapon; Halberd.
-Replaced Bone Helm with a new elite helm; Mask of Death.
-Added 2 new armors; Elven Armor and Royal Armor (Elite).
-Added a new helm; Berserker's Helm.
-Added a new item; Artifical Heart.
Artifical Heart draws attention of enemies in entire map and explodes upon death, stunning and dealing damage.
-Reorganized all merchants.
-Reworked on Dexterity and Energy stats;
Dexterity now gives lesser movespeed, but increases off-hand weapon damage (Not including shield bash).
Energy now also gives movespeed.
-Added a camera lock option. You can now lock/unlock camera by pressing "C" while your hero is selected.
-Orb of Blink now knocks back enemies around teleport destination.
-New shoulder model for Leather Armor, Breastplate, Demon Armor and Full Plate Mail. New cloak model for Demon Armor and Full Plate Mail.
-New special effects for Fire, Holy and Frost Shields.
-New Dragonblade, Frostmourne, Storm Rapier and Fire Shield abilities.
-New Dragonblade, Vampiric Sword, Cleaver, Emerald Flamberge, Frostmourne and Vorpal Basher models.
-Removed the Hero's soundset.
-Added a multiboard.
-Potion effects no longer dispel on attack.
-New Zombie Lord and Minion skin.
-All equipment have been reworked to fit new gameplay.
-Added Health and Stamina Elixir drops.

Some examples of how the equipment looks like on our hero are below;

New Demon Armor Shoulders! 28 May 2011

New Full Plate Shoulders! 28 May 2011

Only a quarterstaff equipped.

Leather armor, skull cap, saber on main-hand and war mace on off-hand.

Full plate mail, grand crown, emerald flamberge and a quiver of arrows

Demon Armor, Bone Helm, Elven Bow and a quiver of arrows.

Royal Armor, Berserker's Helm, Holy Shield, Vampire Sword and a quiver of arrows.

FINAL NOTES

Does Unholy Invasion promises an unsurpassed gameplay experience which is superbly fun and never seen before? Indeed not. Consider it as a kind of mini-game with advanced, unique and stable systems, which you can play solo or with up to 2 of your friends. I'm pretty sure you've got something new to see in it.

MAP IS RELEASED! : Download Link

Last edited:
Level 7
Cool, I loved the original Undead Invasion map...and yes, the biggest flaw that I could find was the gameplay, and the limited number of players, to an extent.

Level 10
Will this be in warcraft era or modern day?

This is in warcraft era :) Actually this is a major update of a map i made about 2 years ago. I was working on it back then, did a lot of new stuff. However, i had found some bugs which came from nowhere and was unable to fix it, thus stopped me from mapmaking. A few weeks ago, i somehow decided to continue work on it, and i worked hard, currently no bugs, leaks or lag (due to new bow system) exist which means map is now stable and open for any new stuff to add. So im planning to work on this constantly, depending on people's interest.

Level 10
The continue of this map makes me more than happy because it was one of my favourite maps and your map was the reason why I starting my own project called paranoia http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-iii-paranoia-181776/ all in all I can't wait to see the new stuff in action like your bow system. I will tracking your progress so please keep it up :)! +rep

Thank you! Woow that project was yours? And inspired from my map?
Dont worry, this time, i've done too much to not to release at least one version. Currently, i'm working on a system which limits players to pick 1 or 2 Elite (kinda Epic) items of same type. This should improve replayability.

Level 10
This project WILL be released :) It won't be another dead project. I guarantee that because i can even release it right now (and not as a beta but full version) but i want it to be as good as possible for now, adding additional content almost everyday.

Level 6
This project WILL be released :) It won't be another dead project. I guarantee that because i can even release it right now (and not as a beta but full version) but i want it to be as good as possible for now, adding additional content almost everyday.

It's a good thing to know. just a question, do you think about make it for more than 3 players?

Level 6
It's could be fun to be able to play with more than two friend, but if it's to hard to balance the game it's Ok with only 3 players.

Level 10
Edit: Recent Updates;
-Players can now only equip a limited (1 or 2) amount of Elite items per item class.
Players must purchase an Elite item first in order to equip items of that type (not just the purchased one).
-Zombie kills does not give gold anymore. Instead, Players receive additional gold at the end of each Level.
This prevents a Damage spec Player to gain unfair amount of gold compared to Tank or Healer spec Players.
-Removed the defeat condition. When all Players die, they can always retry the same Level again.
-Player can no longer purchase/sell items during Levels.
Edit2:
-Added a new item; Artifical Heart.
Artifical Heart draws attention of enemies in entire map and explodes upon death, stunning and dealing damage.
Edit3:
-Added a global AoE "Pull" ability to the Boss, which pulls Player heroes to the position of the Boss, working like a reverse knockback.
Edit4:
-There are now a total of 9 zombies. Every 3 levels, a new secondary zombie spawns. Every 5 levels, a new greater zombie spawns.
Standard zombies are primary, spawning each wave. Secondary and greater zombies have special abilities.
Edit5:
-New full plate shoulder model. Also used for new elite armor.
-New elite weapon; Grom's Rage.
-Lot of bug fixes.

Added a new feature; "Feats". Players now choose two Feats through the game. Feats are special passive bonuses. (This feature is done too!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.