• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Electric Balls - The Mini Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Electric Balls - The Mini Game

This is a map I've been working on this week, I made it for fun. I were playing some Bubble Trouble at a flash site and I thought, "why not try create a wc3 version?" and this is the result after a couple of hours working on this.

Well, the game is simple. You have a shooter and you use your left and right arrow key to move and your up arrow key to shoot. Use your down arrow key to shoot a special attack. Your goal is to kill all the bouncing electric balls, but when you kill a bigger electric ball it will split into two smaller ones. This makes the game kinda hard ^^

When an electric balls dies there's a small change that an item/powerup will be created,
> Gold Coin (Increases your score by 10.)
> Slowing Orb (Decreases all electric balls movementspeed.)
> Special Weapon (Triple Shot) (This Special Weapon allow you to shoot three shots at once (Use this special weapon with your down arrowkey or S button.))
> Special Weapon (Indestructible Shot) (This "arrow" can't die until it reaches the roof (Use this special weapon with your down arrowkey or S button.))
> Special Weapon (Glue Shot) (This "arrow" will be stucked in the roof when it hits the roof for 5 seconds. (Use this special weapon with your down arrowkey or S button.))
> Potective Shield (Make yourself invulnerable, a very short duration.)
> Treasure Box (Increases your score by 1-50)
> Speed Boost (Increases your shooters speed and your arrows speed for 4 seconds.)
> Extra Life (Increases your lifes left by 1.)
> Skull (-25 score and reduces the shooters movementspeed for 8 seconds.)
> Inverted Skulls (Inverts your shooters movement, left will be right and right will be left, you'll have to pick up another inverted skulls to return it to normal!)

At the moment I've added four game modes,
> A Normal game mode, complete as many levels you can without loose all of your teams life, each new level will increase the amount of spawned electric balls by 1.
> A Challenge game mode, every 8th level a new electric ball will be spawned, but every level the size of the balls will be increased. Every 8th level the size of the balls will be set to 1.
> A FFA Normal game mode, this game mode is the same as the Normal Game mode, but players don't share their lifes!
> A FFA Challenge game mode, this game mode is the same as the Challenge Game mode, but players don't share their lifes!

This map supports up to three players! But, I think alot of people know that arrowkeys cause high delay for alot on players on the Battle.Net, so this map may may delay while playing it online, but single player works really nice!

Please post a comment and tell me what you think about it! :D

Current version: 1.4b (Last updated: 22/07/09)

A Selection system have been added in version 1.4a. With this system you can pick 1 of 3 shooters. :)
SelectionSystem1.4a.jpg

> Version 1.0
- Release.

> Version 1.1a
- The Game Camera is now closer.
- Increased the size of the smallest electric ball.

> Version 1.2a
- Changed the model of the electric balls.
- Added a new item/powerup: A Special Weapon (Indestructible Shot) (This "arrow" can't die until it reaches the roof(5% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Inverted Skulls (Inverts your shooters movement, left will be right and right will be left, you'll have to pick up another inverted skulls to return it to normal!(3% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Speed Boost (Increases the speed of your shooter and your attacks for 4 seconds(4% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Treasure Box (+ 1-50 score(5% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Skull (-25 score and reduces the shooters movementspeed for 8 seconds(2% drop chance)).
- Added a new item/powerup: Extra Life (+1 Lifes left(1% drop chance(This item/powerup will only stay on the ground for 5 seconds!).
- Reworked the Item Drop System abit, all items that hit the ground will now have a timer on 10 seconds, when it reaches 0 the item will be destroyed. When it's 5 seconds left the item will disappear and reappear, warning you that they soon will be destroyed if you don't pick up the item.
- The collision of the electric balls have been increased alittle.

> Version 1.2b
- The Shooters face will now look the way his moving to.
- Added new hotkeys, A, S, D, W. You can now move left with the "A" button and move right with the "D" button, shoot with the "W" button and use your special weapon with the "S" button.
- Your current picked up special weapon will now be visible as an ability at your shooters ability menu.
- Fixed some text issues.
- Increased the duration of the Slowing Orb from 6 to 8.
- Increased the duration of the Speed Boost from 4 to 6.
- Added a lightning effect between the ground and the arrow, make it more realistic.

> Version 1.3a
- Fixed a bugg with the revive system and life system.
- Fixed an issue with the lightning effect.
- Increased the width of the map.
- Changed the terrain.
- Added two new game modes (FFA Normal Mode) and (FFA Challenge Mode), thanks to Davjo for the idea.
- Added a simple save & load system created by myself, type -save to save and type -load to load your code.

> Version 1.3b
- The time of day is now always 12.00.
- Increased the duration of the text that shows your save-code from 5 to 10 seconds.
- Added a new item/powerup: A Special Weapon (Glue Shot) (This "arrow" will be stucked into the roof for 5 seconds when it hits the roof.(5% drop chance)).

> Version 1.4a
- A Text will now appear when a player leaves the game.
- Fixed a bugg with the revive system.
- Fixed the bugg with the FFA Challenge Mode.
- The Normal Game Mode have been balanced abit.
- Changed the effect that will be created when an electric ball hits you.
- The Model of the Extra Life Item/Powerup have been changed to model: "Thunder Lizard Egg".
- Removed the Change Log from Quests(Information(F9)).
- Added a new system, a shooter selection system, this system allow you to pick 1 of 3 kind of shooters.

> Version 1.4b
- Fixed an issue that you coulnd't die while playing as the Satyr or the Necromancer.
- Fixed an issue that you coulnd't respawn after you got killed by an Electric Ball while playing as the Satyr or the Necromancer.

As you can see, an effect between the ground and the arrow have been added in this version :) Read the change log for updates.

EBSrcn.jpg

Download link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/electric-balls-the-mini-game-1-0-a-134746/

Those screenshots are from version 1.0, changed may have been made. (The camera will be closer in future versions)
ElectricBallsScrn1.jpg
ElectricBallsScrn2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
It looks awesome :D Add more powerups!! :D

Maybe a "Confuser" that clears selection for like 3 seconds, or make two kind of Slowing Orb, one that will decrease the lightning balls or the players :D That will make the game rather more fun or anoying :p

Level 19
It looks awesome :D Add more powerups!! :D

Maybe a "Confuser" that clears selection for like 3 seconds, or make two kind of Slowing Orb, one that will decrease the lightning balls or the players :D That will make the game rather more fun or anoying :p

Thanks :D I'll add more powerups in future updates ^^ Maybe I'll add "powerups" that will affect players :)

Level 19
Ok, a new version is here! :) Version 1.3a

Changes:

> Version 1.3a
- Fixed a bugg with the revive system and life system.
- Fixed an issue with the lightning effect.
- Increased the width of the map.
- Changed the terrain.
- Added two new game modes (FFA Normal Mode) and (FFA Challenge Mode), thanks to Davjo for the idea.
- Added a simple save & load system created by myself, type -save to save and type -load to load your code.

I hope you like it :)

Edit: Well, I did another fast update, this is what I changed:

> Version 1.3b
- The time of day is now always 12.00.
- Increased the duration of the text that shows your save-code from 5 to 10 seconds.
- Added a new item/powerup: A Special Weapon (Glue Shot) (This "arrow" will be stucked into the roof for 5 seconds when it hits the roof.(5% drop chance)).

Please, post comments and give me feedback! :)

Last edited:
Level 19
NoAmmoSrry said:
omg best game ever. I love playing with floods electric balls!

Hahahahaha, thanks xD

Zack1996 said:
Super Epic...
I can't describe it better! Its the best Mini-game ever! Flood, you rock 0_o
The many games that you made were totally ownage :)

Thanks! :D But the thing is, all maps I've begun with have never been finished, this is the first map I've released ^^

- - - - - - - - - - -
I made a bigger update and updated the map from 1.3b -> 1.3c and finally 1.4a! Read the change log if you want to see what I've done.

Last edited:
Level 3
the bug with rank is in 1.4b too
here is a code : -load c2929 the codes ( i think ) can be shared to all
see the code it gives 929 score but rank 3 ( it is 2 )

Level 19
the bug with rank is in 1.4b too
here is a code : -load c2929 the codes ( i think ) can be shared to all
see the code it gives 929 score but rank 3 ( it is 2 )

Well, I'm not working on this map anymore. I've uploaded an unprotected version of this map. So I won't fix this little problem, someone who is creative enough to fix this problem may fix it and upload another version that works =)

Status
Not open for further replies.