• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

And now for something completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
..except not really.
After replaying WC3 recently, I have discovered World Edit! This here is the result of my attempt at creating a different but not overcomplicated RTS system.
It has no AI, it is imbalanced and messy; I am not sure if I should continue working on it, so I came here in search of your wisdom, o people of HiveWorkshop!
There are five units and four buildings. Animals and berry bushes drop food.
Foresters gather lumber and build all the structures. They can also grow berry bushes.
Scavengers gather food and repair buildings.
Hunters are slow long-range combatants. They can use Ensnare (ripped off wolfriders) and Flare (ripped off mortar team).
Brawlers are your sturdy infantry, they can War Stomp, stunning foes around him.
Lurkers are sneaky bastards, but not lethal most of the time. Their attacks are poisonous and they can Wind Walk to get away unharmed or to score an insta-kill on someone.
Druids can heal, light up the map with cool-looking wandering fireflies and turn into owls.

Oh, and Day/Night cycle is a bitch now :<

I used Mephestrial's Gnoll Kennel, Elemental Grove and Runt models.

Attachments

• Different.w3x
    330.1 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.