• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

75% complete RPG (It's fully playable now though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24390&stc=1&d=1204915396

Ok, I REALLY need to find out why my game is boring. I'm 95% sure it is soley due to balance, I need an expert's opinion, and advice on how to fix my map.

Note WE overwrote some of the skills in the game (about 5 different heroes are ruined in the meantime because of this), and there are still about 100 bugs in my to-fix list. Coding isn't done being optimized, etc.
Please do not play there heroes when testing:
-I don't remember the complete list, but if you get a hero with the PAIN FLASH ability, and the hero doesn't have a tentacle-face model, repick
-Orcish Worg Rider (Not Finished)
-Troll Witch Doctor (Not Finished)
-Undead Abomination (Changing boring abilities)
-Melee Monger (Changing boring abilities)
-Elvish Panther Rider (Changing boring abilities)
-Elvish Chronarch (Changing boring abilities + Not Finished)
-Human Monk (NEED TO THINK OF A NEW ULTIMATE)
-Tauren Protector (Need New Ultimate that's castable, targetable, support themed, and improves combat capabilities)
-Elvish Ancient (Changing boring abilities)
-Defiled Treant (Changing boring abilities)
-Orcish Geomancer (Changing boring abilities)
-Undead Medium (Changing boring abilities)
-Troll Spear Thrower (You can play him but I'm replacing his searing arrows skill)
-Demonic Wyrm (You can play him, he's quite original, but I need to give him more original skills)

Comments and Feedback are welcome too, I might as well post my to-do list (poor grammar but wtvr, I only made it for self reference :p):

TO-DO LIST
Create/Finnish:
when a player leaves adjust below
make armor of creeps change depending on how many players are in the game(only slighlty)
Make new mini map for TOA on photo shop
Add new heroes to random system, and also make a new command called -randomneutral2
-AS trigger that cheks attack speed, creates an image of a hero thats not controlled by the hero, it then attacks a dummy with a loooot of hp. The first attack starts a timer, second ends timer, timer time is then displayed.
New boss item for skeleton king
Finnish creating new pets
Finnish creeps (hades places)
Finnish making quests
Incorporate story line more
Create "You are enterting Troll Forest, Recommended Level..." triggers
Make enemy units spawn and patrol randomly in their "regions"
Work on terrain
Make Hades Have 3 forms and he restarts his hp and changes form when he reaches 2/3 and 1/3 hp
QUEST: Some guy asks you to slay someone else, once you come back the guy backstabs you and doesnt give you a reward, but you can kill him for a very good item : Fire place
QUEST: Dodge chaarging kodos
QUEST: Make a quest with a mig coral (Fenced in), pigs constantly run away from heroes, they need to be put into pens
Finnish All the Hero Learn Texts
Create a new quest where you are given X time to move supplies back and forth between two points (to pick up a supply you step into one region, and to drop it off in the other) Reward is GOLD/NUMBER OF PLAYERS, EXP/NUMBER OF PLAYERS, 6 Inventory for Hawk (Give hawk a starting inventory of 4)

Fix/Change:
Fix Rogue Backstab Multiplier
Rocket ammo doesn't work
level 4 Seismic revolution permastuns
bring back old unit transform system for Elvish Ancient
Inner Savage Learn Text Typo
Ursa HP gain makes item models spawn randomly
Disable cleaving diety option for ranged units
Buff all equipments
Find out on hive workshop forums how to make heroes share exp, but this doesn't reduce the amount of exp they gain
Make it so GOlden Ones get bonuses from Equipment if they're made from them
Make the colours of the text on the loading screen go like blue, dark purple, purple, light purple
Make abilities like leap not make units invulnerable
Make Satyr Trickster's new ultimate be included in the new loot system (so you can't use it on other player's items)
Test Gauntlets of Striking Tiger Blink Strike
Get moon icon from http://www.google.com/translate?u=http://xgm.ru/files.php?fc=2&langpair=ru|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8 and compress it to use as panther rider's non-ult passive moon abil
For some reason creeps take damage when being dragged even if dragger stants still
Make it so the TP ability gets cancelled if the unit is currently a barbed spears caster or a dragger caster
Finnish Draconic Guards, Progenerate Tentacles, Build Hamlet, Build Tower, Summon Golems, Summon Ghouls, Hell Portal, Summon Imps/Wisps, Spin Cocoons
CRAZY BUGGED ABILS(got overriden by mutliple copies of other abilities): Combat Bard's Ultimate, Afterburner, Grotesque Proportions
Think of a cool twist to Combat Bard's abilities
Make Draconic Guards look like real dragons
Test ms upgrade to see why it sometimes doesn't work
Make Elvish Ancient Light not look rooted when standing
Test change form, if it's glitchy, enable back the trigger
Combine Earth Skid's effect with VIle Sprouting, get rid of damage part though
Test Change Form's new chaos ability, and see what happens with Change Form + Ebb and Flow
Remake Waves of Might out of chaneliing non-targetable spell
Food cost doesn't go down when vamp dies
Delete both Self Agro icon imports, and find new icons for the spell
Stick all text in TOA into microsoft word for spell check
Make sure Grave Strike doesn't teliport back to base
Make naga quest have region that teliports all player units back at end, kinda like arena region.
Make all of the Vampire's abilities castable, and when he casts one of them, it improoves its own passive effects for a duration.
Make it so that when a hero repicks/pet levels up/new pet gets purchased/Demonic Wyrm or Elvish Ancient Changes Form, they get all the upgrades they're supposed to
Fix various bugs with leap and bound (walking through rock doodads, etc.)
Find a way to make move bonuses stack
Make Snipe oly work for one attack, not 0 and not 3
Make Blink Strike deal trigger damage BEFORE the move event and make trigger damage instead of gui bash dummy abil
Remake bound out of windwalk
Nerf insect swarm
Make a randomneutral or something command for new tier
When finnished all heroes, add all heroes into the appropriate -random command triggers
Permanent Immolation can't be leveld up, so remake all the abilities that use it with Tornado Damage Aura (Burnking Flaminz (Shadow Missile, Corrosive Slime, Moon Beam)
Make sink earth make a dummy unit that has a Abilities\Spells\NightElf\MoonWell\MoonWellTarget.mdl effect scaled according with the level
Fix ancient assistance interupt trigger
After making the 4 new orc/troll units, make Troll Spear Throwers ability work for ALL trolls and ALL orcs
Athena's Boss item doesn't drop
Unstable form doesn't last proper duration, and shrink/growth doesnt work too well
Make sure robo-goblin repair works without lumber
Put the HDISBTN Staff Icon back to serve for abilities with invis icons
Remake all abils that have life regen with life regen auras, same with mana regen
Finnish the mana upgrade
Make Rain of Fire not chanelling and make it do more damage
Make death and decay not chanelling
Finnish changing unit bounties(On the forest creeps right now)
Hoof stomp doesnt knockback and neither does explosive arrow (passive anbil of it), experiment with unit away from unit knockback
Challenger quest glitches up if youre vampire and you raise one of the challengers from the dead
Put a cap on gravity, and make it not target heros
Make the humans in the human camp attack undead when they get close to them
Make all pets have the right amounts of mana
Make it so that when a hero is picked, they dissapear from the tier
Make Desperate Strike Bonus (Crit) Invisible using spellbook, and same with other abilities like claws crit
Make all abils have 8 levels
Find out a way to put a 0.02 wait command into the loop of the punnishing shot trigger so that the damage to the units in the arrow's path isn't instantaneous
Make all abilities that pick units check tosee that the units point value is NOT 90
Using this guide clean up all of the memory leaks in map http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27219
Whenever you set a point, right before it destroy it with custom script to make sure there arent any leaks
Update Website once hero descriptions and abilities are done

Possible Model Files for Future Heroes:
Elvish Tiger Rider (Priestess of the Moon)
Wind Rider (Dragon Hawk)
Unholy Wretch (Ghoul)
Dwarven Gryohin Rider (Gryphon Rider)
Crusader (Lord Garithos)
Stone Giant (Mountain Giant)
Shadow Mage (Shadow Hunter)
Tinker (Tinker)

Abilities:
Undead Abomination - Replace rejuv with an ability that rejuvs allies, or DoTs enemies, cancels upon damage taken from both enemies and allies
Melee Monger- Replace Combat Experience with an abil called Omnislash which makes the melee monger move from one point in a circular area where his current position in the circle, to the opposite point. Does this at about 1400 ms and //// per level. Damage dealt each slash increases per level.
Elvish Chronarch - Rift Void Creature - Replace Chronarch's ultimate with an ability that pulls an aether creature from a rift in tim, creates on of 3 random creatures (portal animation when summoned). Each creature has an ability that degrages in effectiveness the longer the creature remains out of its dimension,as well creatures do less damage the longer they are away from their dimension. As well summons have an ability that causes them to leave the Chronarch's dimension prematurely, dealing //// * int * number of seconds the creature was out of the rift in aoe damage around the creatures
Elvish Panther Rider - New Ultimate - Increases immolation damage of moon beams and can be cast to shatter (explode) the current moon for damage based on panther riders agil
Elvish Panther Rider - New Passive - Increases move speed of moon beams and ups the panther rider's damage by 3 * lvl
*Human Monk - New Ultimate
*Tauren Protector - New Ultimate that's castable, targetable, support themed, and improves combat capabilities
Elvish Ancient - New Ultimate - If the Elvish Ancient moves the spell is cancelled (trigger checks to make sure X and Y position is same every time actions are about to be executed), and as long as his position doesn't change, nearby enemy units are slowed and they take damage each second. Special effects in the shape of Abilities - Entangling Vines are layed on the perimiter of the abil's aoe, but dissapear when elvish ancient ends spell. THeoretically endless duration. Very Long CD.
Defiled Treant - New Ultimate - Make his vine ability his ultimate, and make a normal ability like parasite, but summons a green immolation ward
Orcish Geomancer - New Ultimate - Chanelling, makes a hill rise from the ground underneath the geomancer over time (the chanell time), while the hill is rising, and then falling, boulders contiuosuly shoot out from the position of the orcish geomancr (dummies with cluster rockets that have arced boulder model files)
Undead Medium - Mingle Fates - Targets triggering unit's player's units or enemy units, but not other player's units. Target take 60 + 5 * lvl % of the damage the dark seer would take instead of the dark seer. Lasts //// seconds or untill the target dies.
Troll Spear Thrower - Spear Spray - Replaces flaming spears, non-targetable, castable ability that throws 1/1/1/3/3/3/5/5 harpoons based on the direction the Troll Spear Thrower is facing (the more harpoons, the slightly closer together they are), harpoons push enemies along with them. Speed, damage, and range, and mana cost increase each level.
Burrowed Demonic Wyrm - Ground Rift - Passive that realeases a war stomp that stuns for longer and deals more damage every single time the Demonic wyrm unburrows.

Hero - Manglakin Adapter
Model File - Couatl
Make it if two or more stats are equal, a random stat from the available stats is designated as the main stat
NOTE: Equipment drop total still equals to the same %
Special: Morphling's Colour Change
Equipment - Any, Any, Any

Hero - Obsidian Destroyer
NOTE: Add to first neutral tier not second
Model File - Obsidian Destroyer
Main Stat - Int
Abilities:
The 4th Dimension - AoE Bannish (Both allied and friendly units), duration ups slightly with each level, and CD goes down like crazy.
Dark Matter - Silencer's Autocast
Hope's Bane - Damage based on int in an AoE right before damage takes place, Obsid's int gets increased by ///// for X seconds.
Incomprehensible Sight - Increases attack speed and ups mana regen for 90 sec. 140 sec cd.
Equipment - Staves, Light Armor, Circlets

Hero : Harpy Storm Vixen
Model File: Harpy Storm Hag
Main Stat - Int
NOTES: Has 3 spell reagants in a spell book.
Abilities:
Wind - Increases the power of wind reagant based spells
Water - Increases the power of water reagant based spells
Thunder - Increases the power of thunder reagant based spells
- Increases the number of spells the Harpy Storm Vixen can store by 1/2/3/4

Wind, Wind, Water - Swirling Fog - Reduces move + attack speeds of enemy units in a very large aoe.
parasite graphic scaled * 20 tinted blue and height - 400
Thunder, Wind, Water - Monsoon
Water, Water, Water - Non-Chanelling Tranquility (IF ONE OF THE SPECS IS LEARNED, EXTRA HP IS GIVEN PER SECOND)
Water, Water, Wind - Typhoon - Causes a doughnut shaped stormthat stays on top of the caster to damage enemy units based on int (units within 450 units of the caster, i.e. in the eye are unaffected) Cloud Graphic scaled at * 10 with * 10 scale purge effects striking
Wind, Wind, Wind - Cyclone that does damage to target per second (really deals damage right after cyclone target lands)
wind, wind, Thunder - Electrostatic Wind - Blows wind towards a target point that pulls all enemy units near it each millisecond of it's travel in towards it, and deals damage to them and slows them for a duration
Thunder, Thunder, Thunder - Chain Lightning
Thunder, Thunder, Water - Shock Bolt - Stuns the target and then slows them afterwards
Thunder, Thunder, Wind - - 3 lines of lightning come out at random angles from the Harpy Storm Vixen that deal damage
Water, Water, Thunder - Paralyze - AOE mass move speed slow and damage
Equipment - Staves, Medium Armor, Circlets

Hero - Orcish Wyvern Rider
Model File - Wyvern Rider
Main Stat - Agi
Abilities:
Propulsion - "Adds accelerated propulsion to the Orcish..." Impetus(Autocast), w/ each level ,range increases, damage per point of range increases.
Force Spears - Demonic Sniper's Knock Back Ability give to wyvern rider
Wyvern's Rail - Knockback Nova + slows move speeds of enemy units(Castable)
Hawk Eye - Increases sight range and attack speed
Equipment - Spears, Medium Armor, Bandanas

Human Builder Towers
Towers have fortified armor type

Watch Tower (Watch Tower) - Increased Sight Range
28-32 Damage
2.0 CD
0 armor
300 hp
Piercing

Scout Tower (Scout Tower)- Critical Strike
47-51 Damage
1.9 CD
1 armor
500 hp
Piercing

Bunker Tower (Orc Burrow) - Spikes (Immolation)
77-81 Damage
1.8 CD
2 armor
700 hp
Piercing

Turret Tower (Boulder Tower Variation 2) - Increased Range and Increased Armor
87-91 Damage
1.7 CD
5 armor
1100 hp
Piercing

Mage Tower (Power Generator) - Incredibly fast attack, Magic attack
25-27 Damage
0.3 CD
4 armor
1500 hp
Magic

Crystal Tower (Skyfury Tower) - Bash, Chaos Attack
65-270 Damage
1.5 CD
5 armor
1900 hp
Chaos

Fire Tower (Boulder Tower 5th Variation tinted red) - Incredibly Fast Attack, Demolisher aoe fire ability, Magic Attack
37-43 Damage
0.25 CD
6 armor
2300 hp
Magic

Bombard Tower (Cannon Tower) - AOE attack, Chaos Attack
675-725 Damage
4.0 CD
7 armor
2700 hp
Chaos

Attachments

• TOAModTerOptim.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 293
Last edited:

SAG

SAG

Level 2
My computer seems allergic to your map and freezes up when i try to start it. In fact, just selecting it on the menu slows it down. Dunno if thats just me or a common problem for this map.

Level 6
Sorry, I uploaded the wrong version :S. I'll upload the good one now.

Level 6
I apologize for double-posting, but my map desperately needs some help, would anyone be kind enough to help me :(?

Level 8
Alright,
I'm playing Windowed, and Well, from what I see so far the terrain is Alright, It could be better, but I won't complain too much.
Lots of heroes, some people may hate that, But I personally love it. But the problem is balancing all of them, Owell, A Good map is never done with only a little bit of work. Not every hero has a extensive Tool tip, there pretty nice to read, but make sure to add more to everyone. Just got the Carrier hawk, First thing, can they get to places they arn't suppost to? if they can fix that. Nice tool tips for it tho, very useful. Gods, very awesome. [Reminds me of Defiance.]
Hmph, I Dislike the first Area, maybe make it more... Town Like? And No Directions for New Players? 25 Trolls for first quest, thats a lot, but I Like the quest system.
I Dislike Ranged Trolls, Maybe, add more variations of low level trolls? Like "Troll Grunt Trainee [Melee] Troll Axe Thrower Trainee [Ranged] Troll Priest, or Troll Shaman [Support Caster]" Just more variation is Good. =] I Like the Whole, Equipment system, but maybe add more item types? Boots, Gauntlets, Ect. and Also, shorten some Commands, long ones frustrate players.
Thats all for now, for this post, I'll add more my next post, Great job so far.
-Calvin

P.S. Sorry for the Giant Block of text, I'll be more... Colorful next time.

EDIT
One Big Problem... The Enemies levels, Okay, XP is Based on the Levels of the Enemies...
So Why Should I Fight the Level 2 Warlord when I Can fight the level 2 priest and get the same amount of Xp?
Please Fix that.

Level 6
Thanks a bunch for the review, it means a lot to me :p. I made priests and warlords both level 2 because they are grouped together, warlords also give more gold. Anyways, I still don't know why the game gets boring in <10 minutes :(. Thoughts, ideas?

Level 8
Well,
Most of the game is just grinding, maybe add more quests, add more equipment. Change up the terrain a lot.
The Lacking part to this map is the terrain, Defiantly. The map itself works great, but you need to help your terrain a lot.
Keep Working on it man, you will get it down!
-Calvin

Level 6
Not sure if something cosmetic like terrain can have THAT large of an influence on early-level game play and cause boredom. I know the cause isn't the lack of equipment/items/etc., I have more than like any other RPG @.@. I'll try to get the balance down pat though.

Level 8
Not sure if something cosmetic like terrain can have THAT large of an influence on early-level game play and cause boredom. I know the cause isn't the lack of equipment/items/etc., I have more than like any other RPG @.@. I'll try to get the balance down pat though.

xD
More than any other RPG? Please, Defiance ORpg has 400 items, and thats a small amount. =]
Mine which I'm working on has quite a few more, [Its on the Forum Unnamed ORpg]. Also, Its good, just need to find something else more to do than Grinding right at the beginning.
-Calvin

Level 3

terrain means A LOT.
I did for example hate defiance because of the terrain.

While i loved Dark invasion because of the terrain.
Very cozy.

also, a lot of secrets, and interesting items (with a lot of different kinds of effects etc)
I've played a lot of wellmade Rpgs/orpgs, which i got bored of because the item drops were so plain.
same with abilities of heroes, if the heroes got the wc3 basic skills but just renamed, i exit right away.

i'm a bit busy right now, but i'll download the map in a few hours, and i'll give you feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.