• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Osgiliath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The Battle of Osgiliath

An 8 player map based on the defense/destruction of the city of Osgiliath from the popular novel by JRR Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings..

anyway, the original plans was an AOS map but now I've decided to make some sort of survival map

Info/Misc/Objectives
The goal of the players playing in the side of Gondor(the good side), is to survive for about 20-30 mins, while the goal of the evil players is to kill atleast (more or less)500 men or destroy everything(buildings, units, etc.)

Also the idea of why there would be a kill count limit is for the players of the good side to not just recklessly train and replace a unit that dies, here, they would actually have to remove severely injured soldiers.

The Nazgul can be summoned(or probably spawned) after a certain time and cause mayhem in the hearts of men for about 2 mins until it vanishes or dies, and again, they will be respawned after a certain period of time.

The Forces of Darkness/Evil side is divided into two factions, Morgul and Mordor.

Gold is used a resource for training and building, they spawn overtime or from killing enemy units.

Heroes
Well I've often thought of how imba heroes could be and have sometimes thought of just not having them in the game, but I've actually decided to have them, though they wouldn't really be much stronger than a regular unit, they won't gain strength and agility, there more or less for support. Each player is given one hero, and can be resurrected on certain buildings.

Buildings
Garrison - Primary training ground of reinforcements and double for food supply, the more of them destroyed, the more the population limit decreases.

Barracks - Spawning grounds of Mordor Orcs, like the Garrison and the Dungeon, they also double for Food supply, and if there is any chance the enemy forces manage to destroy them, there would also be a decrease in the population limit

Dungeon - Barracks - Spawning grounds of Morgul Orcs, like the Garrison and the Barracks, they also double for Food supply, and if there is any chance the enemy forces manage to destroy them, there would also be a decrease in the population limit.

*Additionally, all of those can resurrect heroes.

Units
Gondor Soldier - Backbone unit of Gondor, can be trained in garrisons.
Gondor Archer - Ranged unit, can be trained in garrisons.
Ranger - Elite unit, can switch from sword to bow, can be trained in Level 2 garrisons.
Gondor Knight - Powerful mounted warrior, can be trained in Level 2 garrison.
Trebuchet - Siege unit, can take out multiple enemies from far away, can be built in Level 3 garrison.

Mordor Orc - Basic unit of Mordor, they are weaker compared to the Morgul orc counterpart, but are much faster to build, they are trained in Barracks.
Mordor Archer - Basic ranged unit of Mordor, they are trained in Barracks.
Easterling Soldier - Elite unit of Mordor, can be trained in Level 2 Barracks.
Mountain Troll - Powerful monster, can be trained in Level 3 Barracks.
Battering Ram - Siege unit, good for taking out buildings and fortifications, can be trained in Level 3 Barracks.

Morgul Warrior - Basic infantry of Morgul, they are more powerful than there Mordor orc counterparts, they are trained in the Dungeons.
Morgul Archer - Ranged unit of Morgul, they can be trained in the Dungeons.
Morgul Scavenger - Clad in the armors scavenged from their gondorian enemies, they are the elite unit of Morgul and can be trained in Level 2 Dungeons.
Attack Troll - Trolls clad in heavy armor and armed with mighty warhammers, they are the most powerful unit ingame and can be trained in Level 3 Dungeons.
Catapult - Siege unit of Minas Morgul, can be built in Level 4 Dungeons.

Screenshots(I apologize for using imageshack, I will upload the pics on hive soon)

someoneold4ln5.png

someoneold81mh8.png

Credits
Olof Moleman for the nazguls (although the screenies showing them is not shown yet)
Reinless for certain doodads I've used there

*More coming soon

Last edited:
Level 11
i can terrein pretty well, maybe u can let me see map, and if its somthing i can work with then ill do some terreining on it. if you dont like it, u can deleat my version of the map, and u can continue working on your version of the map?

Status
Not open for further replies.