• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Footmen Wars / Frenzy] Battle of Ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle of Ruins

Introduction:

Hi, usually I mostly make sliding maps, but now somehow I got the idea to make a small Footman map. :grin:
Battle of Ruins can be played FFA, 2vs2, 2vs2vs2, or 3vs3. Max number of players is 6.

Gameplay:

- you start with a simple tent (barracks), and 4 towers around it.
- you can periodicly train units at your barracks for free. (auto-train system)
- with killing other player's units you gain gold (amount of gold is adequate to unit)
- by each 10 kills you increase your gold-income. Use gold to upgrade your troops/barracks/towers.
- use the ControlCenter as important tool to force all units at once. (attack/move)
- the goal is to defeat your opponents barracks while defending your own.

Note:

I didnt want to make something unique with it, I know there are many footman mas out there. I'm just doing it for fun.
If you have any ideas please share them here :psmile:

If you play it try to find some others, I guess 4 or 6 players would be best ;)________________________________________________________

Attachments

• BoR Pic1.png
    BoR Pic1.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 193
  • BoR Pic2.png
    BoR Pic2.png
    4 MB · Views: 166
  • Battle of Ruins v0.5.w3x
    90.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Sounds a lot like normal footies. But the terrain is definitely unique for footman. I think you should try to add a new element. Maybe not sliding, but something like that... something new. Maybe flying heroes with the ability to fly higher and lower. I don't know something... let me think about it for a few days.

Is it going to have custom races? Maybe Naga or Goblins?

Ya ya, anything different will make it pretty cool. Races are fun, especially since footman maps have custom heroes anyway.

I had another idea. What if there was some event every round. Like a frenzy round where everything goes crazy or murlocs attack everything.

Lol, I don't know, just trying to think of crazy ideas.

My experience with footman wars is that one person starts to become more powerful and then it just starts a cycle of dominance where that player gets even more powerful and it becomes exponential. Every round they grow more powerful than they did last round and it ends with a massive battle between the last two strongest.

What if there was a bit of a leveling factor where even if you got ahead, the underdogs could still recover if they got some boost in skill or better strategy. This would keep the game going a bit longer and would make people stay in it rather than giving up if they do poorly in one round. For example, when a player looses 1/2 of his towers the murlocs come to the rescue for a few minutes, or the player gets a bonus in gold from the benevolent footman gods.

Oh oh, lumber as a resource is great! I just went back to read it again. I like that idea. You might even make a rts style mining thing, where each player gets 5 peons to build/harvest/mine, but then the rest of the game is just like footies. I know that's alot like my AoS map but its super cool. It adds more economy to the game and another level of strategy.

Well, those are just my thoughts. Looks like fun. Can't wait to play it.

I had another idea. What if there was some event every round. Like a frenzy round where everything goes crazy or murlocs attack everything.
Yea, I think that would pretty cool idea! Maybe I try to make a game mod with something like this as feature ;)

And yes, I think too that the weak players should have something like a 'last hope' or anything else that they can counter a bit.

Lumber adds more economy to the game and another level of strategy.
Mhm, it would change most of gameplay a bit... but I'm not quite sure atm if I want so

Thx for feedback :wink: ... also new version is uploaded

Level 30
This project looks simple but good actually by reading through the introductions. From what I can see right now is a normal footie map but as what Legal_Ease said: the terrain makes it different from the other footies out there and to add, those ideas that are on your mind makes this project more interesting.

Good luck and Reps to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.