• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SIO HD - Stranded in outland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone! I'm taking a break from constantly making small updates, because i will make one huge update, next weekend. it will maybe be released, so, all my testers, and volunteers, i'd be glad to get a lot of info, before next weekend. i will work heavily on the map then. All who want to join the team, you're welcome!

Map's been updated! some fixing, minor terraining altering, the 2nd combine option added, abilities have been balanced, removed bugs, and assorted minor changes.

Last edited:
Ooh, oil... well, i have a moment...

Edit: Well it's a nice idea, but then again, your problem is to ADVERTISE on how people are going to play your maps, you won't get half the game expirience without that information, and there's also mighty bugs... Visual, when you upgrade your great hall, all peons get the upgrade animation attached to them... and that doesn't look good... carrying a whole fortress around... and i don't know if it's a bug, but all people with 'undead' as their class get orc units, and the messages 'summon more ziggurats' and so on. this map needs a complete workthrough, and a better description of what to do.

Last edited:
Level 6
So at this point you're just looking for bugs?

I just thought of something this morning for your map. You should have a completely unique computer controlled hero that sometimes leads you to scripted Demon boss fights on the map along with some troops perhaps.

Last edited:
Perhapsely, but i will focus on finishing the HD part, before starting the rpg-like part... so that's going to have to wait ;P well, it's an idea, and i'll take it into concideration... and BTW, i'm currently trying to make a basic AI system... but if anyone reading this knows how to make a good one, please PM me, or post here. I'm also currently optimizing alot of triggers, as i completely forgot to use arrays :p and therefore, i have like 20-40 variables... well... if anyone want to know more, or help, or test, PM me, or write here please! this is NOT just a team member chat page.

Level 6
Do you have the latest map version posted here?

Well I played it all the way until I was defeated at 10 min and here's a few things I noticed.
-You don't have a defeat trigger in place.
-Moves cost too much mana starting around level 5.
-For abilities, because they go over the level of 3, You should write for tool tips something like +55 damage per level and such.
-I also think you should replace some of the less demon like creatures with things like felhunters, sucubuses, fel cannons, doom guards and felguards. + fel orcs are also in league with the demons so you can throw more of their units in there as well.

Other than that looking pretty good.

OMG check out my 1v1 replay (I'm playing as Macgyver)

Attachments

• I kick ass.w3g
    100.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 6
Double post?

Well here's the map with the things you mentioned

-The only thing I can think of is setting up triggers to make the items appear in the computer player's inventory.

Played the map through again and died at 9 minutes this time:
-I think creep come a little too fast (you don't get much time for quests)
-Hero HP should scale up faster to match the creeps (more hit points per strength)
-An I think the dredlord creep that you named vampire should be called nathreziem (this is the name of the dredlord generals)
-I played the Archmage this time and I had to buy many mana pots to cast freely

Last edited:
... the map should not be released yet... well, you might got a point there with the time - spawning... but, if you choose archmage, you lose the 'possibility' of having an immense amount of strength... so you can always buy health books... or so... well, the name of the vamps... well... maybe, but how many people know that? and isn't the 'Nathrezim' the name of the lead vampires, when you talk about them generally?

About choosing your hero, if you choose an intellect hero... and are alone... you're bound to get wasted. :p they aren't all that good in solo play. well... i'll consider what you said.

Finished!

Hello everybody, and thanks for support and testing throughout this project. I've decided to say: Let's get this thing started. So, therefore i made some finishing touches on the map, and it is now nearly ready for release. I'll release it as soon as i've run it through some trigger leak filters. Be ready for the map! it'll be on the hive's map servers in a week at max.

Status
Not open for further replies.