• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fate of Outlands campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This is a campaign that i have been working on for the last couple of weeks. It Takes place all over outland. In this campaign i will be creating several new unique and playable races including: Blood elves(complete race), Fel orcs(complete race), Draenei (Broken, Basic tech tree) Draenei (non-corrupted, Complete race), Maghar orcs(Depends on Friky, if he finishes them all), Mok`Nathal(very basic techtree), and Naga(Complete race).

The Basic Storyline: Illidan has gone mad with power and has vowed to destroy everyone who defies him. You follow the blood elf kael around outland trying to figure out a way to avoid being slaughtered.

This campaign currently will have 7 chapters and 4 introludes.

Introlude 1-Betrayal.
Terrain-99%
Triggers-99%

Betrayal.jpg

Chapter 1-Running Through Fire.
Terrain-80%
Triggers-50%
Blood elf race-in process

The Hunted.jpg

Chapter 2-Hellfire Citidal.
Terrain-60%
triggers-0%
Fel orc race-In process

Chapter 3-Losing Hope
Terrain-30%
Triggers-0%

Introlude 2-The Draenei
Terrain-50%
Triggers-0%

Chapter 4-Blade's Edge.
Terrain-85%
Triggers-0%
Mok'nathal race-10%
Mag'har race-15%

Introlude 3-Coilfang Resevoir
Terrain-99% complete. Map by Quetzalcotl
Triggers-95%

Coilfang Resevoir.jpg

Chapter 6-Shard of the Naaru
Terrain-85% complete
Triggers-0%
Naga Race-70%

The shards of the naaru.jpg

Chapter 7-The Black Temple
Terrain-20%
Triggers-0%

And then the Credits

This page will be update as i go. Feel free to ask any questions or post any idea that might make tis campaign better.

Team

Chaos.-Terrain, triggers and storyline
Veljkom-Fel orc Race
Quetzalcotl-Terrain
Interceptor-Naga Race
utror12-Draenei and Blood elf Race
The World is Flat-Demon race

Attachments

• Black temple entire map.jpg
    Black temple entire map.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,657
Last edited:
Level 15
awesome. all right this has all the units that ive found so far and if i have any more then ill tell you.

View attachment 48331

Things to consider
-The buildings that i made suck. I was just experimenting with attachments on buildings at the time so you can change them however you want. or you can even use different buildings. i just dont want the buildings to be exactly like the orcs(you can just do what i did and add attachment to the buildings)
-You can download any model, spell, or icon that you'd like to improve the race.
-Try to make it a unique race with different spells and ideas
-because this is a campaign and not a melee map the races dont have to be balanced with the other wc3 races. But i would still like them to be pretty close (i might use the race for future projects). (a benifit of this is that you dont have to spend so much time on the balancing)
-Be creative. i am letting you decide on how you want it to be.
-Part of the storyline is that after the death of magtheridon the fel orcs lost their pact of blood lust. so they are now alot less barbaric and alot more peaceful. But they did still keep their physical appearance. The units will still look like fel orcs , but the buildings dont necisarily have to be demonic like.

there will only be two heroes-leader of the fel orcs
-Captain(or something like that)

The other units i placed them in front of the building that i thought woulld best suit them. you can rearange them in any way you want.

Thanks for you help.

Level 15
and since this is a campaign and not a multiplayer map, i dont have to worry about size. Meaning that i can dl more models, icons, skins, and spells without worrying about the 4 mb limit. So it will be a good qualitly race, with no repeat model(using the same model for more then one unit).

Level 15
Yes ive had that lag happen to me alot too, lol.
So Veljkom, How goes the race?
Ive been abit busy the last few days so ive only been able to work on my map a little bit. I am currently doing the HF citidal map.

Level 20
Well i was thinking to give them Black dragon as unique unit,In the beast building I will put Fel rider,dragon fel rider (it will be weeker than dragon and will have passive ability),fel kodo but I still need one (maybe fel stalker?).
I will remove that fel hound rider because we need siege unit.
I will do spellcasters and heroes last.

Level 15
Ive played that map before. Didnt really like some of the buildings choices.
But they dont really have to be custom. you could just do what i did with the buildings. use the orc building and just add some attachments to it to make it look different.

Level 15
lol. sry. Has he released those models yet? i saw those awhile ago. i dont think that they would work for FO, but they would be perfect for the demon race.

Level 15
Well, are you any good at terraining? I would like to see some skill before i let you help. So just make me a terrain of anything to see if you can terrain. It doesnt have to be a huge map or anything just make me a landscape and send me a pic. If you can terrain then i would have no problem letting you help out.

Level 1
I read the story you placed. It seemed nice with the new races.
This came in my mind for the present time:
1.....the interlude's name & the story you have placed does not seem to coincide. Kael is running to save his life. that cannot be called a betrayal. And as Illidan was master so his attack on Kael cannot be called a betrayal. How about "Fatal Consequences"?
2.....it is interlude not introlude which you have used everywhere.
3.....regarding the first chapter's name. How about "The Race for Life"?

Cannot help with making it but think that can help with testing a bit. Needed any help regarding that?

Level 7
Well you needed a picture. This is a goldmine from a map I was making but never really finished. And some forest part of another campaign. :p

Attachments

• Goldmine2.JPG
    Goldmine2.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Tree.JPG
    Tree.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 156
Level 15
good enough for me quetzalcotl. youre in. Well you said that you wanted to do zangermarsh, so you can take youre pick of either interlude 3 or chapter 6, or both if you want.

Interlude 3 is a coilfang naga city. use map size 64x64 and make a naga city using the sunken ruins tile set. Leave an path in the center of the map. this will be where the units come in. at the end of the path make a throne. i will be using the tide baron model from this site as the coilfang leader. place him at the throne. Then around that area make an ancient looking city basically.

Chapter 6 is a marsh. the land in it has been very corrupted. use fel wood terrain. at the bottem of the map is a destroyed naga base. (you take control of that base) then the rest of the map is an exploring terrain. make atleast 20 areas that have creeps in it. dont worry about adding in any models, i will do that later. i already have the models picked out. In one area of the map make a spider layer, with some naga traped in webs. this will be a quest that you have to complete.(free the nagas)

Actually in the interlude, Illidan kills lady vashj and destroys akamas village, and then tries to kill kael, so he betrays the ones who loyaly served him at the end of the interlude kael starts running from illidan. I personally think that it does work as a title for the interlude. but if anyone else has the same thought then i will change it.

And about chapter one, yes it needs to be changed. i basically changed the whole story for that chapter but forgot to change the name.

Well it might still be awhile before we will actually need to test it, but if your still around when were finished then you could maybe help with the testing

Level 7
Ok thanks, well the Interlude sounds fun, I do need some more details. But could you give me your e-mail so that we can discuss and stuff?

Level 15
why dont you just write here. or if you dont want others to see it then pm me. Sry i rather not give out personal info like that to someone i dont know. Basically just make a city. Use the wheat model file and replace model with the naga buildings. Dont have to worry about pathing blockers since its a interlude. Ive made a 5 minute map for you to give you a general idea. ive added in the path in the center. And an area on the right of the map to give you an idea of what i mean by a naga city. Just add in the rest of the map. (it took me like 5 moinutes to do the map, so if you dont like what i got so far feel free to change it.

View attachment Interlude 3.w3x

if that doesnt work then try this.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=wdrqzl

Level 7
Hmm okey then, well I started on the map before you posted your last thread so it might be different than you expected but here it is.

Attachments

• Naga Interlude.w3x
    30.2 KB · Views: 60
Level 15
way different. But it'll work. Good job. i like it. I will add in the units later.

So do you want to do another map? What need done are chapters 2,3,5,7 and interlude 2. I personally am working on chapters 4 and 6 right now and after that ill see whats left. so if you want to do another map then read the descriptions and take your pick. I will give you more details on the map that you pick. Thanks for helping.

Level 15
Crap. i was just looking through some pics of the coilfang reservoir on wow wiki and it is alot different then i pictured it. could you edit it abit to look more like they have. It doesnt have to be exactly the same as they have it but use the similar idea. it would be more outland like. check out this link.

Coilfang Reservoir - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

also add in a cave that leads to underbog(which will be the next map.)

Level 7
Well from what I know is that Coilfang has alot of sewer pipes, so I made a piece with sewer pipes (not everything coz I dunno if it's alright) so just say what you think.

Attachments

• Naga Interlude2.w3x
    31.4 KB · Views: 50
Level 15
ya, its starting to look more like coilfang res. Although there is still missing a few things. outside of the wall i think that you should make it all water and it still doesnt have the zangermarsh feel to it. Add in some big mushroom type trees or something like that. and in the pic on wowwiki it has kind of like a whirlpool that goes up into the nether. try experimenting a but with the water fall or tornado and see if you cant produce a similar effect. Make the "whirlpool" out side of the walls. it would look pretty cool. although if you cant get a good enough effect then dont worry about it.

CoilfangReservoir.jpg

The coilfang being the well of eternity and illidan going crazy about it would be a completly different story line. i dont want to go that far off topic.

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok then, I've added mushrooms, a kind of stream of water around the temple-ish thing (or how we call it) and I added some more pipes.

Attachments

• Naga Interlude3.w3x
    39 KB · Views: 48
Level 23
Oh, yea. Looks great, but a little not like the Coilfang. There is a place in it that is called the Slave Pens(and 3 other places)
And, Im not in this project, but you should make it more Outlandy and Zangarmarshy(Place mushrooms inside, and make it look a little more undergroundy)

P.S.
Sorry for my English:grin:

Level 15
veljkoms got a point. its hard to make it exactly the same with out the right models. but i really dont care if it looks exactly the same. i just think that some of the ideas from wowwiki are alot cooler then the ideas i have. So dont worry about it being exact.

its looking better.

the slave pens and other places im not to worried about. but what i do need is a cave or something in there. this will lead to the underbog which is the next chapter(the one im currently working on.) Just make like an archway tunnel that leads downwards.
also in the area that has the altar of the depths the pipe drains out water that goes no where. just add in like another pipe vertical so that the water drains into that. also add in some smaller details like shrubs and stuff like that to give it more detail. other than that, its looking great.

I will adventually be changing the water(lava) color in inter 1 and chap 1 from green to red. the main reason is that i am using a green swamp water for chapter 6 and i dont want it to be confused with lava. although i like the looks of green lava better then red lava, it would be more logical to have it be red. lol. And i am now about 30 percent done chapter 6.

And alagrem, did you want to join this project?

EDIT-oh one thing that i forgot to mention is that if you want to import and models into your map to make it better then feel free. the Ultimate terraining pack has alot of usefull doodads that would improve the looks of you map

Last edited:
Level 15
I dont have terokkar forest in my campaign. But what you can do is The hellfire citidal map You will have to do a bit of research on wowwiki to see what the terrain looks like. Here is a base map to work from. all ive done was add in stuff so that you know where everything goes. for the hellfire citidal i added in walls and cliffs. I made the terrain where the fel orc race building will go different from the rest. leave that area basically empty. for the rest of the hellfire citidal make it look like a FO city. For the area of the dark portal i just placed a portal there (you can import the model of the dark portal from the hive) Look through some pics of the dark portal on wow wiki to know what the area looks like(the dark portal will be on a platform type thing.) I also added in an area where the demon race will go(cracked dirt) so leave that area untouched. Part of the storyline for this chapter is that the hellfire citidal has very few recources so you will have to make some areas where you can find some resources. The one area is the honorhold(look under subregions of hellfire peninsula to find pics of it.) there will be an abandoned city(honor hold) on the top of the hill. and on the bottem of that hill is a gold mine. You can find some castle walls in the ultimate terraining pack to make the honorhold city on the hill. There will also be 5 abandoned outposts that have supply wagons in them. Around the supply wagons will be a couple of gold coins and bundels of lumber. There will also be a couple of creeps guarding the treasure, but they wont be tough.(the areas for the outposts are marked with flat stone terrain. Then for the rest of the map add in doodads and terrain to fill in the emptyness. Look at the pics on wow wiki and try to make that kind of terrain.
You can import any doodad that you want to make it.Its not that big of a deal if you're not the best terrainer. even if you give me a decent map so that all i need to do is the smaller details then you would still be helping me out alot and would be saving me a lot of time. Also feel free to experiment abit by using your own ideas in the map.

Anyways heres the map.
View attachment Chapter 2- Hellfire Citidal.w3x

If that doesnt work then try this.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=mv8n4d

Thanx for helping.

Level 15
Alright thanks.

I have finished most of chapter 6 terrain and have posted it in first page.

I have also decided to reduce the number of shards that you have to only about 4.
Each of these shards will be guarded by some powerful creeps. Here are the pics of the creeps that you will have to fight. (terrain will be edited later) i have also added in a footman so that you get a general idea of size. I have also added a pic of the spider lair where the naga are being held.

first Shard.jpgSecond shard.jpgThird shard.jpgFourth shard.jpgCaptive naga.jpg

Level 15
there is nothing wrong with wow imports. they are just not allowed to be imported to this site. There is no rules about putting them in your map. infact the guy who made the chosen one campaign put several of those in his campaign. And you have to admit that they look alot better then just adding in normal wc3 creeps.

Alagremm
Units are
-fungal giant
-crawler elite
-flesh beast
-tripod
-Giant spider

Veljkom-cool cant wait to see it.

Level 15
i dont know about some of them but i know that the fungal giant and tripod actually live in zangermarsh. the two of those are actually boses that you have to fight in the coilfang resevoir i think.

Level 7
Okidoki, I finished your pipe, added Underbog entrance, and make it alot more Ruins-ish looking (with shrubs and differnt terrain) tell me what you like/dislike so that I can change/or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.