• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A new map in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, here is the project. We're making a map based on Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I have 4 people in my team working on it with me and not really looking for anymore help.

All the players are Links and start out as a little boy (this still needs modelling). Then, you do some quests and earn a reputation, finish quests and defeat bosses. The last boss is Ganondorf of course, who is inside his castle, which I still need to make but won't take very long to.

Right now, I'm working on importing some models that I found and can use. I'm also working on terrain, working first on terrain and then models before triggers and quests. I already have 10 quests in mind and have some special items. I'm getting special spells that work for the map. We currently are only 2.5% done.

Oh and if you're link as a child, if you've ever played the game, Link pulls the sword from the stones and gets older. Well, we are going to have something like that, like when you click on the sword (which I have already done), you will skip into the future.

Once you leave the temple, you are stronger and everything, but the ghouls are harder and tougher. Ghouls also spawn but you will need the help of other players, so once you grow older, everyone does with you. Link will also be able to get the horse and summon it with the Ocarina, just like in the game.

There are going to be secret quests, bosses and items scattered around the map. I think we are gonna try to put a save/load trigger in this as well because that is important with Rpgs.

Every player will have a treehouse like Link did in the first game, and the main quest of this game is to defeat Ganondorf and save Zelda, of course. So if you have any suggestions please tell me i'm going to get screenshots to post up in a couple of days

Level 6
LOL THAT LOOKS LIKE WHAT I TYPED!! -.-

To sort of stay on topic, shouldn't we like distribute roles? :p

I can do {some} spells, {some} triggers, probably can do correcting and testing, etc... ^^

One thing... what weapons are we going to feature? I would be personally VERY amused at how anyone is going to make the charged sword... (I don't think there's a holding key function...)

Status
Not open for further replies.