• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Work In Progress: Ruined Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
This is a tower that's going to be able to be captured by different factions.
My idea behind it is that it used to be an orc watch tower, but it got destroyed by the undead. So it starts as an undead warcamp where Defilers can accept and deliver various quests for that area.
However, the Bloodbane can take the area back by completing a specific event that will have to let them capture the tower.
The Defilers on the other hand have their own event: Defend the tower.
This can lead into some PvP battles mixed up with PvE.

The tower is positioned near the center of the map. So it has a good strategic point. And players that succeed into capturing the tower will have the option to do various quests from questgivers that will spawn at the tower.

There will be 3 staircases where units can enter the tower area. So it's not hard to defend, but still not easy since enemies can come from 3 staircases which in this case means 2 different sides.

Expect lots of waves with adds in the defense event.

Anyways.
The Work In Progress screenshots:
(Keep in mind I'm still working on it. I will most likely finish this area this week if I'll find some time to spend on it. This took me one hour so far so I'll guess I can finish the tower and it's surroundings in another hour.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ruins1.jpg
    Ruins1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 531
  • Ruins2.jpg
    Ruins2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 525
  • Ruins3.jpg
    Ruins3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 627
Level 17
Very nice! The hitching posts don't really fit however. Maybe remove them?

Level 19
Rocks and blight look bad.

Use a different rock texture (a recolour is fine too), and replace blight with tiles from Barrens/Village Fall.

I personally like it. And more tiles isn't possible since the map size is quite big and there are many different area's.

Status
Not open for further replies.